Real Estate

Rental property - is shampooing carpet a must

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 10:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1471 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver

Rental property - is shampooing carpet a must

Going to rent a townhouse to someone, is having the carpet professionally shamppooed prior to occupancy a must?

FYI, the carpet is in great condition with no stain or smell.
9 replies
Member
Oct 26, 2007
326 posts
197 upvotes
Lol no there is isn't a requirement (have you seen the dumps people rent out)

Also might do more harm then good, carpet is not meant to get wet, if not dried properly you'll have mold issues
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 14, 2003
10847 posts
912 upvotes
Mississauga
negotiater wrote: Also might do more harm then good, carpet is not meant to get wet, if not dried properly you'll have mold issues
LOL wut? The OP said "professionally shampooed" - there's no risk of mold if you get someone in who knows what they're doing.
4chan melts your brain.
Member
Oct 26, 2007
326 posts
197 upvotes
danfromwaterloo wrote: LOL wut? The OP said "professionally shampooed" - there's no risk of mold if you get someone in who knows what they're doing.
Yea the "professional" is gonna wait around for it to dry and after there going pull up the carpet to make sure there's no mold haha
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 14, 2003
10847 posts
912 upvotes
Mississauga
negotiater wrote: Yea the "professional" is gonna wait around for it to dry and after there going pull up the carpet to make sure there's no mold haha
lol ... professional shampoo is anti-mold (since many of the reasons they get called in is to address mold/mildew)...and even if they didn't, mold requires moisture to be around for a significant period in order to form. Carpet shampooing normally only results in carpet being damp for a few hours.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
1275 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
i have a $150 hoover carpet cleaner. Works really well. Carpet is try after a few hours. Never had an issue
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1471 posts
477 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess there's no requirement to shampoo the carpet then;

Okay, i will pass and just not make it a requirement when the tenant moves out.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18702 posts
16911 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
There's no requirement but it's good to give your tenants the place in good condition. I have 1 property with carpet in the bedroom and I shampoo it each time I rent out the property. A lot of crap lives in carpeting.
Member
May 29, 2020
234 posts
375 upvotes
negotiater wrote: Yea the "professional" is gonna wait around for it to dry and after there going pull up the carpet to make sure there's no mold haha
I mean, sure, if you hire a dude off craigslist to do the job it might be a problem. Any half decent cleaning company won't mold up the place.
Newbie
Jan 1, 2008
66 posts
25 upvotes
Fantastical wrote: Going to rent a townhouse to someone, is having the carpet professionally shamppooed prior to occupancy a must?

FYI, the carpet is in great condition with no stain or smell.

The only "MUSTS" are heat, electricity and water.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)