• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2017 3:06 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 8, 2009
126 posts

Renting a car through redtag.ca

Has anyone used redtag to rent a car? There is a price that comes out to $324 for 5 days in Vancouver which sounds way too cheap. Anyone here have experience with them? are there hidden fees they aren't disclosing?

Any feedback will help.

Thanks
7 replies
May 7, 2015
528 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's cheap but its not suspiciously cheap. You may want to verify the inclusions on the rate, I'm almost certain that wouldn't include any insurance or CDW at all, and there may also be local taxes and fees payable at the counter. The inclusions and exclusions should be disclosed to you before you book. Also, what company is it?
[OP]
Mar 8, 2009
126 posts
It's with Hertz. I looked at possible fees and calculated the total and it comes up to just over $400. Which is still pretty cheap. Would I have to call hertz to clarify or is it better just to book the car right from the rental company
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7072 posts
2692 upvotes
Canada
jaytam wrote: Has anyone used redtag to rent a car? There is a price that comes out to $324 for 5 days in Vancouver which sounds way too cheap. Anyone here have experience with them? are there hidden fees they aren't disclosing?

Any feedback will help.

Thanks
You are renting a sports car?! When I rent cars in Canada for business trips, I don't pay more than $50/day. Often around $30-36 for a small car. Unless it's a long weekend, you should be able to find an economy car in Vancouver for less than $35/day with taxes included!
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
10110 posts
8138 upvotes
Kootenays
Lately, I've always found the best prices at Costco.com. https://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars . Prices are in CDN$ for cdn cities and you pay nothing until pick-up. I check daily and sometimes over the course of a couple of weeks, the price can vary by 50% or more. If it gets cheaper, book again, then cancel the first reservation with no penalty.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2009
126 posts
Im renting an intermediate car, seems super expensive in Vancouver
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2796 posts
1256 upvotes
Burnaby
smacd wrote: Lately, I've always found the best prices at Costco.com. https://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars . Prices are in CDN$ for cdn cities and you pay nothing until pick-up. I check daily and sometimes over the course of a couple of weeks, the price can vary by 50% or more. If it gets cheaper, book again, then cancel the first reservation with no penalty.
Plus an additional driver is included which is a pretty nice perk...last time I booked Avis through Costco pickup and dropoff @ McCarran (Las Vegas) the dropoff guy was basically looking to be tipped/paid on the side by trying to find anything he could make issue with. I've never had the same experience with Enterprise.