Replace Samsung A8 replacement

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 11:49 am
[OP]
Apr 25, 2019
272 posts
113 upvotes

Replace Samsung A8 replacement

So my old Samsung A8 is having issues with the internal speaker. I cant hear people there and always need to connect a headphone. I don't think it's worth fixing it and should replace it.

I am looking for an alternate, nothing too crazy expensive cause my experience has been that some components of these phones just break within 2 years no matter what brand. I looked at Moto G Fast but the pixel density was way different than A8.

Can anyone recommend a list ore similar phones I should keep an eye on on black Friday. ?
I use a data sim, so I am looking for an unlocked phone by paying in full and not through a contract.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12319 posts
1869 upvotes
Kanata
dentonic88 wrote: So my old Samsung A8 is having issues with the internal speaker. I cant hear people there and always need to connect a headphone. I don't think it's worth fixing it and should replace it.

I am looking for an alternate, nothing too crazy expensive cause my experience has been that some components of these phones just break within 2 years no matter what brand. I looked at Moto G Fast but the pixel density was way different than A8.

Can anyone recommend a list ore similar phones I should keep an eye on on black Friday. ?
I use a data sim, so I am looking for an unlocked phone by paying in full and not through a contract.
What's your price range? The Moto G Power is $299 at costco and comes with a large battery, FHD screen, and microSD storage.
Oct 26, 2020
3 posts
I definitely agree with goofball's recommendation. The Moto G Power is a great phone for $300. I would also like to add that I recently picked up a LG Velvet for my wife on Kijiji for $460. The seller was able to provide all the documentation needed for the remaining 6 months warranty. The thing is with LG phones compared to phones from other manufacturers is that their value drop massively after a few months. You can typically score a really nice top end device with the warranty intact for a little more than half of the original price.

I do think the value of the LG Velvet will drop a little more after Black Friday to something closer to your budget. But buying a used phone on Kijiji is not without it's risk, the phone could be blacklisted for example. So be sure to bring someone who is knowledgeable and thoroughly test the device before purchasing.