• May 17th, 2021 2:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3237 upvotes
Toronto

Replacement Canopy for Patio Umbrella

Pulled out our patio umbrella to brush it off for this season and realized how bad it looks! The "outside" fabric is very faded and worn in spots (the underside is almost the original colour). The wood frame is in perfect condition. I wonder if it's possible to buy a replacement canopy for the frame in Toronto, or, to get one made? While I know it's probably less expensive to simply buy a replacement umbrella complete, I thought I'd ask here first.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5062 posts
1647 upvotes
Richmond Hill
amzn has umbrella canopies that you can replace.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3237 upvotes
Toronto
enwhyRFD wrote: amzn has umbrella canopies that you can replace.
There are very few standard sizes when it comes to these so difficult to order online.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5062 posts
1647 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jimbobs wrote: There are very few standard sizes when it comes to these so difficult to order online.
Yeah, I guess I got lucky a few months back when I replaced mine.

If amzn doesn't carry maybe call local patio furniture companies and see if they sell just the fabric.

Does this work for you?
https://www.amazon.ca/MASTERCANOPY-Colo ... B07568HS2H
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3237 upvotes
Toronto
enwhyRFD wrote: Yeah, I guess I got lucky a few months back when I replaced mine.

If amzn doesn't carry maybe call local patio furniture companies and see if they sell just the fabric.

Does this work for you?
https://www.amazon.ca/MASTERCANOPY-Colo ... B07568HS2H
I've bought one online already and it is way too big/long for the ribs. At least with this one, they give some additional size guidance.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3237 upvotes
Toronto
Just to update this thread: I bought two covers online. Even though both are supposed to fit, one was too big and the other was a little small but fits. They cost about around $20 each.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1980 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
Do you mind sharing the companies for others to know as well ?

Cheers amd thanks !
Jimbobs wrote: Just to update this thread: I bought two covers online. Even though both are supposed to fit, one was too big and the other was a little small but fits. They cost about around $20 each.
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3237 upvotes
Toronto
badass wrote: Do you mind sharing the companies for others to know as well ?

Cheers amd thanks !
One was from Kijiji so private seller located in Welland. The other was from Amazon: MASTERCANOPY 9ft Patio Umbrella Replacement Canopy Market Table

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)