None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11543 posts
2542 upvotes
Montreal

Replacement for Logitech G500?

I bought a G602 last year but I sold it to a friend because I hated the side buttons (Too small, too crowded) and it was heavy.

I've returned to my old G500 and it's more than adequate, however, after 7 years of service, the scroll wheel broke.

What are some models that Logitech uses that are strickingly similar to the G500?

I don't want wireless, they are always too heavy.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1754 posts
1176 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: I bought a G602 last year but I sold it to a friend because I hated the side buttons (Too small, too crowded) and it was heavy.

I've returned to my old G500 and it's more than adequate, however, after 7 years of service, the scroll wheel broke.

What are some models that Logitech uses that are strickingly similar to the G500?

I was going to recommend G502 but ppl complain about its weight cuz its on heavy side
I would recommend G303 same sensor, lighter, good for finger grips
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11543 posts
2542 upvotes
Montreal
JIB9022 wrote: I was going to recommend G502 but ppl complain about its weight cuz its on heavy side
I would recommend G303 same sensor, lighter, good for finger grips
The G303 did attract my attention, but it lacks small buttons on the top left of the left button. On the G500 you had two buttons to adjust DPI, but they could be reconfigured to do other things, which I used. Though the second center button might redeem it if I can't find anything better.

Did you hear anything on the G402? It looks like a good compromise, but damn I hate the new style of those mouses.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1754 posts
1176 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: The G303 did attract my attention, but it lacks small buttons on the top left of the left button. On the G500 you had two buttons to adjust DPI, but they could be reconfigured to do other things, which I used. Though the second center button might redeem it if I can't find anything better.

Did you hear anything on the G402? It looks like a good compromise, but damn I hate the new style of those mouses.
Then get, G402; it got all the button u want; but it got shittier sensor compared to g502 and its slightly longer so i didnt like it compared to g303 or g502
Oct 10, 2013
375 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alkizmo wrote: What are some models that Logitech uses that are strickingly similar to the G500?

G500s is still available at Best Buy, often for less than $50.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11543 posts
2542 upvotes
Montreal
TheWang wrote: G500s is still available at Best Buy, often for less than $50.
That changes things a lot. I think I will just buy that. It's already the cheapest of all the options and it's pretty much exactly what I already like.