[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3279 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA

Replacement for the Xiaomi Mi 8

I dropped and broke the very awesome Mi 8 and am now seeking a replacement

I would prefer to stick with the Xiaomi product line but not the "flagship" class - need to save a few bucks

Dual SIM is a must as I have separate WORK and PERSONAL lines

I was looking t the POCO X3, and someone on Reddit told me I should stick to AMOLED display and not IPS (even thought at 120 HZ) - the reddit user recommended Mi 10 Lite

Then I went down the rabbit hole and saw that there is actually a Mi 10T lite - while it's back to IPS (@ 120 HZ) it has ONE 5G bands that Rogers uses. However it's an EURO supported phone and the best vendor I can find is Amazon Spain

I'm conflicted, and am seeking advise and opinions, TIA

*** FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY ONEPLUS ***
3 replies
Jun 16, 2014
145 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am using the Mi8 too. Awesome phone. Even to date, I find it extremely competitive against all medium to high end phones out there. If it was not because of my itch to replace my phone every yr, I wouldn't even be consider. Having said that your best bet is the Samsung S 20 Fe or the pixel 4a 5G. Alternatively, you can buy mine Winking Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3279 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
nadvice1 wrote: I am using the Mi8 too. Awesome phone. Even to date, I find it extremely competitive against all medium to high end phones out there. If it was not because of my itch to replace my phone every yr, I wouldn't even be consider. Having said that your best bet is the Samsung S 20 Fe or the pixel 4a 5G. Alternatively, you can buy mine Winking Face
Neither (at least the Snapdragon version of the Samsung) is dual-SIM, and I'm not certain if I can convert either of my SIM to eSIM

I've ended up going with the Mi 10 Lite - US$ 333 shipped from HK Goldway (Aliexpress) - here is hoping DHL is fast
Jun 16, 2014
145 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've looked at that one as well but my concern is the 5G and LTE bands it can work with. Unless you go for the regular version of Mi10, I'm concerned about the receptions you are getting here. Anyway good luck and report back once you get it.