• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 7:32 pm
Jan 12, 2009
133 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan, ON

Replacing Soffit and Eavestroughs

Hi Everyone,

We are considering replacing our 20yr old soffits and eavestroughs to match better to new windows we are planning on installing. Our home is about 2500 sqft and we are located in Vaughan. Does anyone have an idea of what we can expect to pay? Also, any recommendations for companies that you guys have used that you were happy with?

Thanks in advance.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1648 posts
865 upvotes
Century Aluminum.
Price could vary depending on size of downspouts, if they have add any additional downspouts and if you want to use a leaf guard. You should get a range from around $1800-$2500. Add another $1-2K for leaf guards. This is just for eavestroughs, not soffits. You can pick the color for both soffits and eavestroughs.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1164 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
Century Aluminum:
The estimate we got last year for a 2300 sq ft. 2 story home including 5" eves, downspout as well as soffits and facia was $6000.00. which we found to be high, therefore we didn't go with them. We will get another estimate this year.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1852 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
If soffit and eaves is in good working condition and you are just wanting to match them to your window color, have you considered having them sprayed to match? Would be cheaper than ripping it all down. There are companies that specialize in this - Spray Net is a well known one, though I have no experience with them.
Nov 24, 2019
199 posts
128 upvotes
Hamilton
I am in Hamilton and have been thinking about doing the same job, eaves soffit, fascia. My 1000sqft bungalow was being quoted between 12k and 20k for the job. We put it off for now as I am not willing to spend that much on it right now. Thinking its Covid prices
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
MyDream1 wrote: Century Aluminum:
The estimate we got last year for a 2300 sq ft. 2 story home including 5" eves, downspout as well as soffits and facia was $6000.00. which we found to be high, therefore we didn't go with them. We will get another estimate this year.
That sounds like a good price, but it depends a lot on:
- Size of eaves, which impacts square footage of soffits required
- Linear feet of roof line
- Gauge of aluminum used for all materials
- Number and size of downspouts

I have a 1300 sq ft bungalow with 165 feet of roof line and 30" eaves. We did all our aluminum last year. 7 quotes ranged from $4k to $12k, with most being around $6k.

We paid $6k last summer, and it included higher gauge materials (custom bent 0.023" trim coil for the fascia, 0.032" 5" gutters, heavy gauge soffits), three 3x3 downspouts, replacing all 165 feet of fascia with new 2x6 lumber, and tearing out the existing wood soffit as part of the demo.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1342 posts
390 upvotes
Oakville
We did our entire roof last year with Roofs on Homes. I think the eaves, fascia and soffit was in the $8-10k range (this is for a 2800 sqft home).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7138 upvotes
KennyX wrote: We did our entire roof last year with Roofs on Homes. I think the eaves, fascia and soffit was in the $8-10k range (this is for a 2800 sqft home).
Is fascia and soffit replacement usually required when replacing the roof or did yours just need replacing?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1733 posts
1797 upvotes
We were quoted from $3k to $9k for a 1500sq ft 2.5 storey in Hamilton
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2019
1006 posts
457 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Is fascia and soffit replacement usually required when replacing the roof or did yours just need replacing?
Soffit replacement is almost never required unless it's damaged by animals etc. people change the soffit out because typically, white soffits get dingy after a couple decades.

A lot of people don't change out their fascia either, but you may have holes left in it if you replace your eavestrough from the old eavestrough fastening. Typically only eavestrough get changed out. That's a $2000 job. Add $2000 for soffits, $2000 fascia etc.
Jan 12, 2009
133 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Thanks for all the comments guys...really appreciate it. It helps a lot.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1342 posts
390 upvotes
Oakville
hierophant wrote: Is fascia and soffit replacement usually required when replacing the roof or did yours just need replacing?
Not at all... We bought our house at the end of 2019 and the entire roof needed to be replaced. Plus we wanted to go with the black fascia with white soffits. But if your shingles and underlying plywood are fine, then by all means just go with the fascia and soffits.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1164 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
mannyrules wrote: These guys may be able to help you. Check their website.
www.metalexperts.ca
settons is located in Toronto Ontario, the link you provided is SHERWOOD PARK, AB T8H 0X5, therefore I don't believe they would be of any help.