• Jun 23rd, 2020 11:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1114 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto

Replacing wall built-in oven with one piece range

I’m in a condo and want to replace the old cooking stop top which is separate from the wall oven with a one piece range that has cook top and oven in one unit.
Right now, the stove and oven have two separate breakers in the electric panel. Will a one piece range trip the breaker or even worse cause a fire if it runs through one breaker instead of the previous two separate breakers?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am clueless and wonder if anyone can give me some advice before I order the one piece range...
is there anything else I need to know or maybe would I even need to hire en electrician to rewire something?

Thanks for your help!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
1960 posts
1695 upvotes
GTA
Look at the number on each breaker, and then look at a few of the ranges you are going to buy to see what they call for. You should be able to download the instructions for whatever range you are looking at buying, and it will tell you what power you need (ie, 40 amps). Then just compare that to what your breaker is labeled.

Other than that, you may have to see how your current cooktop/oven is wired if that is the outlet you are going to use.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)