• May 4th, 2019 6:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11135 posts
2899 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Reporting centre question

If you are in an accident and it’s your fault but under $2,000 damage I know you don’t have to report it however if the other party is going to report and go through insurance do I still need to go report it even though I don’t plan on making a claim through my insurance??

Thanks
0_o
<_<
>_>
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
Well if you don't have to, don't. Cops aren't going to go after you for a "hit and run" if it's under $2000. Just be prepared to prove yourself if a cop knocks on the door. If it's close to $2000 probably a good idea. Insurance companies aren't allowed to fault anyone anymore for $2000 or less damage in Ontario I believe. Anything more then a nasty scratch or small ding will probably be more then $2000 as bodywork is pricey.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11135 posts
2899 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
He has my insurance info and it’s my fault unfortunately. He has a scratch on the bumper basically and he will need to repaint it. So I figure around $1,000 for the repair. My car is fine.

Just curious if I need to report it? I don’t think I do but I also don’t want the insurance to come give me a hard time because I did not

Thanks
fusion2k2k wrote: Well if you don't have to, don't. Cops aren't going to go after you for a "hit and run" if it's under $2000. Just be prepared to prove yourself if a cop knocks on the door. If it's close to $2000 probably a good idea. Insurance companies aren't allowed to fault anyone anymore for $2000 or less damage in Ontario I believe. Anything more then a nasty scratch or small ding will probably be more then $2000 as bodywork is pricey.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
sickcars wrote: He has my insurance info and it’s my fault unfortunately. He has a scratch on the bumper basically and he will need to repaint it. So I figure around $1,000 for the repair. My car is fine.

Just curious if I need to report it? I don’t think I do but I also don’t want the insurance to come give me a hard time because I did not

Thanks
No I wouldn't worry.