• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2017 8:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 8, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote

repossessions questions

hi there question regarding repossessions we are using a auto repair shop to repair our car i have a email from the owners daughter stating i can make payment arrangements as per the contract we signed there will be a 47.00 NSF FEE we will have to pay but we got a call from him about the missed payment and we had the money to go pay him the next day but he hired his own tow truck repo guy to come and take our car the car is being financed with ford credit and he is saying he will sell it if we don't pay the impound fees and that wondering if i can do anything to get my car back i was told they cant do that
16 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
canyoufindme4 wrote: hi there question regarding repossessions we are using a auto repair shop to repair our car i have a email from the owners daughter stating i can make payment arrangements as per the contract we signed there will be a 47.00 NSF FEE we will have to pay but we got a call from him about the missed payment and we had the money to go pay him the next day but he hired his own tow truck repo guy to come and take our car the car is being financed with ford credit and he is saying he will sell it if we don't pay the impound fees and that wondering if i can do anything to get my car back i was told they cant do that
did you call the police?
are you in Ontario?
were you served papers formally?
are you trolling?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4348 posts
3631 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Start using punctuation and pay up on what you owe. You'll get your car back and your life will get better.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2558 posts
1157 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Funny username OP. I guess the answer was yes.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2970 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. Was that really all one sentence?

What's up with no commas or periods? Makes it difficult to read for others especially if you're asking for advice..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
wtf is this english?
There's no comma "," or period "." other than the . in "47.00 NSF FEE".

NOT EVEN A QUESTION MARK?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16163 posts
14183 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is this a statement or question?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4054 posts
1393 upvotes
Edmonton
makes no sense at all... all I can figure out is that the car is being repaired and you missed a payment. If the car is already at the auto shop, who towed it to where?

If you had said you 'had' it repaired, and you missed a payment, that would make more sense. If they reposed it and towed it to somewhere, then you better get down there and pay what you owe. And don't miss payments....

Although, for one payment missed I wouldnt think someone would just rush down and repo your car, sounds like something else going on.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
U4IA wrote: makes no sense at all... all I can figure out is that the car is being repaired and you missed a payment. If the car is already at the auto shop, who towed it to where?

If you had said you 'had' it repaired, and you missed a payment, that would make more sense. If they reposed it and towed it to somewhere, then you better get down there and pay what you owe. And don't miss payments....

Although, for one payment missed I wouldnt think someone would just rush down and repo your car, sounds like something else going on.
another troll thread...there is more to a repo than a missed payment and a tow truck!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Here's my take on the debacle

Op has car financed through ford. This part is extraneous info

Op gets car fixed and finances the repair cost. They miss a payment (nsf) and the shop owner sends a repo man over to collect the car and impound it. Then they threaten to sell the car (that's owned by ford finance).

So op needs to pay up and get their car out of impound, pay off the repairs, and the continue to make the ford finance payments on the car as per their original agreement
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
nasa25 wrote: Here's my take on the debacle

Op gets car fixed and finances the repair cost. They miss a payment (nsf) and the shop owner sends a repo man over to collect the car and impound it. Then they threaten to sell the car (that's owned by ford finance).

So op needs to pay up and get their car out of impound, pay off the repairs, and the continue to make the ford finance payments on the car as per their original agreement
I don't even know why we even bothered trying to figure out what OP wanted to ask or what he meant.
If he wants his questions answered, or statements spoken, he needs to properly write them.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2968 upvotes
keenland
nasa25 wrote: Here's my take on the debacle

i hate feeding the troll...

Miss a payment to the garage..garage must serve notice usually by registered mail of pay by..or else seizure of vehicle...a ppsa lien has to be registered as the mechanic doesn't have physical possession anymore of the vehicle.

Sends the bailiff with the registered ppsa number (lien) after the allotted days in the notice that was served..they also serve ford if its a lease.. ..seize the vehicle, report it to police along with the relevant info they ask for ..vin, ppsa number, where they took it from and where its going.
The debtor then has x amount (usually 30 days) to clear the debt..also the original lien holder ..ford..may pay the debt and add it to the debt owed them to clear the mechanics lien.

All in all its not a case of "the mechanic sent a tow truck and took my vehicle" ...that is why I call this a troll thread,,,mechanics lien applies to a vehicle that they havent released..and don't have to release until they get their payment in full if they so wish...but after that..there is law and procedure to follow.

...I fed the troll
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
The mechanic has every right to put a lien on the car for non payment of repairs.

To answer the OPs question, no, there's nothing that can be done besides pay the impound fees and the repair bill and get the car back. Maybe the shop will continue to honour the financing agreement and, in that case, the impound fees and repair payments in arrears would sort things out.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10651 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
cardguy wrote: i hate feeding the troll...

Miss a payment to the garage..garage must serve notice usually by registered mail of pay by..or else seizure of vehicle...a ppsa lien has to be registered as the mechanic doesn't have physical possession anymore of the vehicle.

Sends the bailiff with the registered ppsa number (lien) after the allotted days in the notice that was served..they also serve ford if its a lease.. ..seize the vehicle, report it to police along with the relevant info they ask for ..vin, ppsa number, where they took it from and where its going.
The debtor then has x amount (usually 30 days) to clear the debt..also the original lien holder ..ford..may pay the debt and add it to the debt owed them to clear the mechanics lien.

All in all its not a case of "the mechanic sent a tow truck and took my vehicle" ...that is why I call this a troll thread,,,mechanics lien applies to a vehicle that they havent released..and don't have to release until they get their payment in full if they so wish...but after that..there is law and procedure to follow.

...I fed the troll
Thanks. This thread (troll or not) can basically be closed now
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10106 posts
1921 upvotes
The op must either be trolling or must have some ridiculous iq score.

No way that the repair shop can repo it and then sell it.