Computers & Electronics

Reputable 18650 Battery Seller in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2022 1:27 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2005
641 posts
233 upvotes

Reputable 18650 Battery Seller in Canada?

After watching Project Farm test on 18650 battery, I wonder where could I source reputable 18650 battery in Canada? I am specifically interested about LG MJ1 or LG HE4 ; but i guess finding a Canadian Seller is more important. Thanks.

22 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19544 posts
12621 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
An alternative is a vape shop. Many of those vaping devices use 18650s.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3469 posts
2080 upvotes
London
dasiuyan wrote:
no knowledge about vaping. they carry reputable and genuine battery model?
id figure considering people are sticking the thing with the battery inside it. in there mouth and around there face they would have to at least supply a half decent battery that wont blow up or start on fire or people would be suing there butts.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19544 posts
12621 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dasiuyan wrote: no knowledge about vaping. they carry reputable and genuine battery model?
This is where online reviews come in handy... Just look up a local shop or shops and check out the reviews. I'm sure there are a few places where people have commented that XYZ really sold top quality stuff or really knows their stuff. I would stay away from anyone with bad/poor reviews even if it is about actual vaping products and not the batteries. Good retailers will tend to stock good stuff while poor retailers won't.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2677 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.illumn.com/

I ordered something from Illumn before (I forget what off the top of my head but it might have been a battery) and had no issues. I did a little bit of research online first and I found some positive reviews. They look like they are reputable. I forget how much shipping is though. I don't remember which state they ship out from but it's somewhere in the US.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Oct 23, 2005
641 posts
233 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: https://www.illumn.com/

I ordered something from Illumn before (I forget what off the top of my head but it might have been a battery) and had no issues. I did a little bit of research online first and I found some positive reviews. They look like they are reputable. I forget how much shipping is though. I don't remember which state they ship out from but it's somewhere in the US.
Thanks. this site has much cheaper cross boarder shipping than the one i came across.
Nov 26, 2014
18 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sorry to revive an old post but I must warn people which are planning to buy from 18650canada.com. Don't do it. He takes the money and thereafter you have to run after him to receive what you ordered. For my part I had to ask a charge back to my credit card company after one month and got no news from him even after many emails. Read BBB.org reviews as it's not the 1st time he's doing this to customers.
Dec 6, 2020
833 posts
894 upvotes
For the sake of anyone who finds this thread in the future, the most legitimate sources for 18650s in Canada are high-end flashlight vendors. Fenix and Nitecore branded 18650s are expensive ($30+) but you have a reasonable chance of getting a legitimate battery.
Mar 22, 2004
304 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
martinlmtl wrote: Sorry to revive an old post but I must warn people which are planning to buy from 18650canada.com. Don't do it. He takes the money and thereafter you have to run after him to receive what you ordered. For my part I had to ask a charge back to my credit card company after one month and got no news from him even after many emails. Read BBB.org reviews as it's not the 1st time he's doing this to customers.
He scammed me too! Wish I had run across this thread earlier.
Don't deal with 18650canada.com.
Nov 26, 2014
18 posts
13 upvotes
Montreal, QC
martin_nv wrote: He scammed me too! Wish I had run across this thread earlier.
Don't deal with 18650canada.com.
Ask a charge back to your credit card bank. I try to warn Shopify about 18650battery.com and they didn't even answer. It seems that Shopify don't care about scammers stealing people.
Mar 22, 2004
304 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
martinlmtl wrote: Ask a charge back to your credit card bank. I try to warn Shopify about 18650battery.com and they didn't even answer. It seems that Shopify don't care about scammers stealing people.
Yes, claim is in works with the credit card company.
In the mean time I'm still looking for 18650 batteries, that's why I came to this thread lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4972 posts
811 upvotes
Calgary
Sony LG Panasonic Samsung

Dont bother with any other brands

Why would anyone pay $34.99 for one Surefire?
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Dec 6, 2020
833 posts
894 upvotes
Cough wrote: Why would anyone pay $34.99 for one Surefire?
Generally because the only way to get Sony et el cells is to buy from sketchy grey-market vendors that have a good chance of either running away with your money or selling counterfeit products.

Sony/LG/Panasonic/Samsung cells are the best choice -- if you can get them. Surefire/Fenix/Nitecore branded cells are much more expensive, but they're much easier to get.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31746 posts
13105 upvotes
Cough wrote: Why would anyone pay $34.99 for one Surefire?
Drugs, definitely drug problems. lol

Those expensive cells are protected though, right? So there's some reason, I guess.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1671 posts
724 upvotes
Up in the air
Just ordered a bunch from 18650batterystore.com. Fast shipping (just a little over a week from the states), and reasonably priced. Although if your just ordering a couple, shipping may kill the deal.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2066 posts
460 upvotes
Alberta
Counter point, but no issues from 18650Canada for me. Quick ship. Good communications, and he's pretty active on the flashlight forums when I was looking.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6012 posts
1640 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Drugs, definitely drug problems. lol

Those expensive cells are protected though, right? So there's some reason, I guess.
It's Micro-USB rechargeable and comes with the cable.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)