Pets

Reputable Breeder referral for miniature Schnauzers or Portugese waterdogs in Ontario?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2020 5:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2004
136 posts
7 upvotes
Markham

Reputable Breeder referral for miniature Schnauzers or Portugese waterdogs in Ontario?

Hi

as title... anyone have reputable breeder suggestions for the miniature Schnauzers or the Portugese Waterdogs? I did search the CKC and emailed a couple but none seem to be responsive or sometimes very blunt (especially when they have no puppies).TIA
4 replies
May 9, 2018
34 posts
13 upvotes
Apologies if not a direct answer, but thought I'd throw this out there, Have you considered a standard schnauzer, which is more inline with a porty for size than a minny? If so I can recommend a breeder that we obtained our standard from a couple of years ago. She's in Ontario and the kennel name is Israelite Kennels (found on FB). I believe she has a litter now based on a posting earlier today. If not what you're looking for please ignore and best of luck in your search.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2004
136 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
TonyG35088 wrote: Apologies if not a direct answer, but thought I'd throw this out there, Have you considered a standard schnauzer, which is more inline with a porty for size than a minny? If so I can recommend a breeder that we obtained our standard from a couple of years ago. She's in Ontario and the kennel name is Israelite Kennels (found on FB). I believe she has a litter now based on a posting earlier today. If not what you're looking for please ignore and best of luck in your search.
Hi Thanks for the reply.. our options in terms of size are open but sort of narrow down to the 2 breeds. Foremost being my son has allergy so we will have to stick with an hypoallergenic breed with very low shedding (we use to have a Yorkie before...this time around we want a bid bigger in size so he/she can accompany us hiking etc.. to the outdoors . but not as big as say a golden retriever) . I am researching and can't seem to have a firm grasp on how big a standard Schnauzer is (definitely not a giant though). Did you adopt yours via Israelite? what's your feedback.. I can't seem to find a www link.. just a private FB group. you can message me private. TIA.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6371 posts
1203 upvotes
Out standard schnauzer (female) is about 40lbs, give or take based on the season. She does she’d though; not a LOT, but enough to not consider them a breed that doesn’t shed. Our Miniature Schnauzer didn’t shed at all (okay, maybe a few hairs here and there but never anything very noticeable). I would definitely recommend our mini breeder, if I could remember where we got him over 15 years ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No breed is TRULY hypoallergenic, just an FYI. You could find a non shedding breed, but it’s not just the fur/hair that trigger allergies...could be their skin/saliva.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2004
136 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
I don't mind getting your contact for the standard Schnauzer (or if you can refer us)... will investigate. thanks.