Resident Evil 5 $59.99 at Zellers, FarCry2 29.99, some other decent deals

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2009 9:36 am
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
813 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

[Zellers] Resident Evil 5 $59.99 at Zellers, FarCry2 29.99, some other decent deals

Resident Evil 5 is listed at $59.99 (coming soon). Also they have Halo Wars for $59.99. EB, FS, and BB are all selling these for $69.99. Maybe EB and other stores will lower the price upon release like they did with SFIV. There are also other decent deals, like Far Cry 2 for 29.99.
Link to Online flyer:

http://hbc.ca.flyerservices.com/cached_ ... ation.aspx

Games Page in Flyer:
[IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss91 ... 01/123.jpg[/IMG]
66 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
i'm more interested in Naruto. i didn't know it had a price drop
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
813 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Noobzilla wrote: $53.99 at amazon.ca
Still, if Zellers of all people can sell at that price, why don't other retailers like BS, FS, and EB set the same price?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
Jagmit wrote: Still, if Zellers of all people can sell at that price, why don't other retailers like BS, FS, and EB set the same price?
it's Zellers. they have the weirdest pricing ever! NHL 08 is still $60 :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
1706 posts
169 upvotes
Saskatoon
FS/BB have been selling huge games (and especially games with hardware) with a $10 premium over all other retailers...Rock Band, GH, Wii Fit, etc, have all been without fail more expensive at FS. They say it's the economy, but why isn't it National? It's just a gouge...
Feb 20, 2007
771 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
In the flyer it's $59.99 for the 360 version, let me guess... it'll be $69.99 for the PS3 lol.
Dec 31, 1969
Jagmit wrote: Still, if Zellers of all people can sell at that price, why don't other retailers like BS, FS, and EB set the same price?
Noobzilla wrote: $53.99 at amazon.ca
neksus wrote: FS/BB have been selling huge games (and especially games with hardware) with a $10 premium over all other retailers...Rock Band, GH, Wii Fit, etc, have all been without fail more expensive at FS. They say it's the economy, but why isn't it National? It's just a gouge...
If you think back more than a couple years ago, games in Canada were inevitably priced $10-15 more than the customary US$60 MSRP to account for our traditionally weaker dollar. Then our dollar spiked and everyone started screaming for price parity, and we got it- games sold for $60 on both sides of the border. Then our dollar starting tanking again, but because of the economy, retailers said they would hold off increasing prices until after the 2008 holiday rush. Well, it's March 2009, and retailers aren't biting the bullet anymore, so we're back to a $10 premium. That being said, if Amazon can still charge $59.99 for new releases, offer a 10% pre-order discount, AND throw in free shipping, there's no reason why the big box retailers can't as well. IMO they're simply riding the new release hype and gouging us, which is why I don't buy video games there. Amazon FTW!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2007
1680 posts
13 upvotes
redbimmer wrote: That being said, if Amazon can still charge $59.99 for new releases, offer a 10% pre-order discount, AND throw in free shipping, there's no reason why the big box retailers can't as well. IMO they're simply riding the new release hype and gouging us, which is why I don't buy video games there. Amazon FTW!
Well Amazon doesn't need a store-front with rent, and also doesn't need to hire a buncha generally totally un-knowledgable employees =P

Yeah I got RE5 off amazon for 49 after tax!!

Long live the 10$ coupon!!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2006
1314 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
too bad I was too lazy to preorder it the $10 amazon coupon when it was still up. 53.99 with free shipping still beats this deal.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
813 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
obernewtyn wrote: too bad I was too lazy to preorder it the $10 amazon coupon when it was still up. 53.99 with free shipping still beats this deal.
yea, but in terms of retail stores this deal is the best i've seen (however most Zellers never seem to have new releases) and a lot of people don't really shop online or on amazon.
Aug 28, 2008
392 posts
London
The Zellers in London had a notice saying they were out of stock and wont honour a raincheck for it.
[OP]
Apr 7, 2008
813 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
urs74 wrote: The Zellers in London had a notice saying they were out of stock and wont honour a raincheck for it.
lol maybe thats because its not out yet?
Banned
Feb 27, 2009
200 posts
2 upvotes
Jagmit wrote: lol maybe thats because its not out yet?
or maybe cause they put this on the website? :lol:

CORRECTION NOTICE
Xbox 360™ Halo Wars, Resident Evil 5, Fear 2: Project Origin
This item is currently unavailable. No rain checks will be issued.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18353 posts
1313 upvotes
Elmira
Any reviews of RE 5 yet? I know it's been downloadable for a while now
a closed mind is already defeated
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
754 upvotes
Woodbridge
duckdown wrote: Any reviews of RE 5 yet? I know it's been downloadable for a while now
IGN gave it a 9
Dec 2, 2006
345 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Which version of the game would be better? Cause I got PS3 and 360, just not sure which system to get it for. Any difference?
Winnings
2010 - iCoke Nestea for a year x3
2006 - Pepsi WEH Xbox 360
2007 - Pepsi WEH Samsung 32" HDTV LCD TV