Residential Sound Masking Systems

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 10:56 am
[OP]
Jan 23, 2018
24 posts
2 upvotes

Residential Sound Masking Systems

Anyone have experience using a residential sound masking system? If you aren't sure what this is, here is the only one I can find that I might be able to get here in Canada. Any experience with this system or recommendations of other systems is greatly appreciated.

https://www.mtx.com/residential-sound-masking-system
5 replies
Dec 15, 2015
688 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
You can get little white noise machines for like $20 and put them where you need them.

What is your end goal with the system?
Jan 22, 2017
229 posts
151 upvotes
Would it be possible to have something like bose noise cancelling technologie but for outside?

You put a few speaker around your backyard and eliminate most of the outside noise.

I would pay a few k$ for such a system.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15422 posts
16514 upvotes
Oakville
ShingoHusky wrote: Would it be possible to have something like bose noise cancelling technologie but for outside?

You put a few speaker around your backyard and eliminate most of the outside noise.

I would pay a few k$ for such a system.
It would only work on one specific location, due to the way sound waves interact to cancel noise. You would need the noise cancelling headphones if you wanted to move around.
Banned
Nov 17, 2014
942 posts
748 upvotes
Ontario
For outside you could buy a little fountain or something.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2018
24 posts
2 upvotes
The application for the system is one room only (not the outside). It is for a bedroom, and we currently have the 'sit on the night stand' type and they only cover noise at the level you place the machine at and they are really not that good (we have tried about 6 different types). We are hoping to wire it into the addition were are building and will have speakers in strategic locations in the room.

I was hoping someone had experience on how well the wired ones sound and work compared to the looping, tinny and minimal coverage plug int units are.

Thanks.