• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 5:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1302 posts
1294 upvotes

[Resolved] PERMANENT BAN from WhatsApp after using Jailbroken iPhone

Resolved - if this ever happens to someone, remember no ban is Permanent even if it says it is. 2 months is the max limit. My account auto unbanned after 2 months. Several Reddit users also had same thing happened and after a few discussions, theirs also got unbanned within two months.

Hey guys,
Be very careful when you use Jailbroken iPhone or third party WhatsApp modified APKs on Android. I have been using my phone number for 10+ years and it got banned because I have been using a Jailbroken iPhone. It actually happened 3 weeks ago, when I got a pop up opening WhatsApp that Jailbroken devices are not supported. Anyways, WhatsApp is important for my communications so I removed the Jailbreak and went back to stock iOS and got the message of permanent ban. I have been contacting their support, with no response, and has been 3 weeks, with over 25 emails sent with various email addresses to get the message across but so far no luck.

I am here to warn each one of you about this or you will lose your number for good when trying to access WhatsApp.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200724-113510.png
Last edited by raviji on Sep 17th, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23405 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, never heard of this....thx for sharing OP.

Please keep us updated, very interested in seeing how this closes.

No one I know is using jailbroken iphones....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Banned
Jul 18, 2020
52 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
and we all know Facebook support is excellent /s
Not surprised you’re getting no where with the support option
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15063 posts
6612 upvotes
Toronto, ON
raviji wrote: Hey guys,
Be very careful when you use Jailbroken iPhone or third party WhatsApp modified APKs on Android. I have been using my phone number for 10+ years and it got banned because I have been using a Jailbroken iPhone. It actually happened 3 weeks ago, when I got a pop up opening WhatsApp that Jailbroken devices are not supported. Anyways, WhatsApp is important for my communications so I removed the Jailbreak and went back to stock iOS and got the message of permanent ban. I have been contacting their support, with no response, and has been 3 weeks, with over 25 emails sent with various email addresses to get the message across but so far no luck.

I am here to warn each one of you about this or you will lose your number for good when trying to access WhatsApp.
When you were using Whatsapp on a jailbroken iPhone before, did you have any Whatsapp-specific tweaks that you may have been using? And what iPhone and iOS version where you on? What JB software were you using?

I've used Whatsapp for years and I've jailbroken every one of my iPhones that I had Whatsapp installed on and I've never come across any JB detection on Whatsapp or a popup warning.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1518 posts
637 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure why people want to use a jailborken iphone. I mean apps are cheap enough anyways. i can see this happening only if people are using a a cell phone form china coz the apple app store in China is very different a apps like what's app are not in their app store so people will juailbrake their iphone. or with Android they will sideload the google play store coz Android phone in china use a different app store.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15063 posts
6612 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sponge5307 wrote: Not sure why people want to use a jailborken iphone. I mean apps are cheap enough anyways. i can see this happening only if people are using a a cell phone form china coz the apple app store in China is very different a apps like what's app are not in their app store so people will juailbrake their iphone. or with Android they will sideload the google play store coz Android phone in china use a different app store.
Wow, what narrow views you have of the iPhone jailbreak community. I don't jailbreak my phone to get free apps. It's because of customization and adding features that are not in stock iOS.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6572 posts
6045 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Wow, what narrow views you have of the iPhone jailbreak community. I don't jailbreak my phone to get free apps. It's because of customization and adding features that are not in stock iOS.
Just curious, what customization and features do you require that led you to jailbreak your phone? Doesn't that make your phone that much more vulnerable with respect to security?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1302 posts
1294 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: When you were using Whatsapp on a jailbroken iPhone before, did you have any Whatsapp-specific tweaks that you may have been using? And what iPhone and iOS version where you on? What JB software were you using?

I've used Whatsapp for years and I've jailbroken every one of my iPhones that I had Whatsapp installed on and I've never come across any JB detection on Whatsapp or a popup warning.
I was using Watusi 2 addon for WhatsApp. Not sure if that caused it, because WhatsApp kept popping up a message about not supporting Jailbroken devices. I used Watusi for about a month with no issues. There was a WhatsApp update recently that may have detected it though, or the Jailbreak. I was using iPhone XS MAX, Unc0ver Jailbreak running iOS 13.5.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15063 posts
6612 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hierophant wrote: Just curious, what customization and features do you require that led you to jailbreak your phone? Doesn't that make your phone that much more vulnerable with respect to security?
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can do with a jailbroken phone, and the following are just mostly the type of tweaks that interest me. There are a lot more genres of tweaks available that will mod and skin iOS to the point where it doesn't look like iOS anymore.

1. Lockscreen customization
2. Systemwide haptic feedback (adding taptic feedback when typing and navigating around iOS)
3. Customizable control panel
4. Adjustable animation speeds for UI (makes the UI feel faster)
5. File-level access to iOS (Filza, terminal, etc.)
6. Ad blocker (removing ads, sponsored posts from specific apps like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
7. Notification tweaks (OLED pop ups, dots, etc.)
8. System-level tweaks (System Info, iCleaner Pro, Powercuff, etc.)
9. Springboard tweaks (Notchless, status bar tweaks, dock remover, homebar remover, etc.)
10. Added features (CallBarXS, Bioprotect, etc.)

And as for security, as long as the tweaks are from a known developer then it is pretty safe. Most JB tweaks are announced on Reddit and released on the official JB appstores like Cydia so it's safe.
raviji wrote: I was using Watusi 2 addon for WhatsApp. Not sure if that caused it, because WhatsApp kept popping up a message about not supporting Jailbroken devices. I used Watusi for about a month with no issues. There was a WhatsApp update recently that may have detected it though, or the Jailbreak. I was using iPhone XS MAX, Unc0ver Jailbreak running iOS 13.5.
That's probably what caused the block. It's been reported before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comm ... _ive_been/