• Mar 30th, 2022 10:29 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2009
133 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan, ON

Resorts in Cuba for a Bachelor Party

Hi,

I'm organizing a bachelor party for my brother and we are trying to keep the cost down to get more people interested. We have likely settled on Cuba due to cost. I've been to Cuba before and I know about the food and am not expecting anything amazing, that's for sure Face With Tears Of Joy

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on resorts that are more "party" resorts than others.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 replies
Jan 30, 2017
939 posts
240 upvotes
Barcelo sol y mar!!!
Read the reviews. when I had to plan my and my best friends bachelor party that was the place.
If you want to sleep this place isn’t for you…. Check
Loud music at all times…. Check
Mostly young adults…. Check
Place is run down, but I went to party for 4 days straight and have the time of my life and I accomplished that.
Good luck
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5044 posts
6232 upvotes
Bachelor party + unsupervised males + alcohol + Cuba = Bad idea.
See Prison Break season 3... it wasn't exactly "North American accommodations" Winking Face
Jan 30, 2017
939 posts
240 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Bachelor party + unsupervised males + alcohol + Cuba = Bad idea.
See Prison Break season 3... it wasn't exactly "North American accommodations" Winking Face
YOLO lol. It’ll be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8937 posts
5586 upvotes
OP - depending on how old you are, Barcelo is likely your spot for party, depending on when you go. It is nicely located with short proximity to "downtown" aka main party places; La Comparsita, Casa de la Musica, Calle 62 ... La Bumba, La Rumba and The cave are further up the strip and you'll need a cab for them.

As far as Barcelo is concerned - don't expect much in terms of the resort or food. As my group is in our 30s, we've always stayed at better places and simply went out each night. We've walked down the beach a few times to Barcelo and it has seemed like a good party time, but we personally didn't want to sacrifice comfort and food (which is so so to being with in Cuba) for partying during the day.
KravenHead wrote: Bachelor party + unsupervised males + alcohol + Cuba = Bad idea.
It's not a bad idea whatsoever, as long as you have the right expectations. I have done over 5 bachelor trips with my guys to Cuba over the last 8yrs and all have been great. It is probably the safest place where you can go and not have to worry while you're out.