Restaurants that closed permanently

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 7:19 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15020 posts
12344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I agree with a few in here. As a kid it was fun but i went about 3 years ago with a friend and it was just down right gross. nothing of quality to eat, just quantity of pasta in sauce and gross pizza. It wont be missed as far as I am concerned.

also some MOD must have messed up and merged this into the hot deal section....
I haven't been there in over 15 years. It was gross then and I'm really surprised it even lasted this long. Sad for the employees, but still can't imagine why people eat there so much LOL
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1177 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto, ON
riseagainstthemachine wrote: also some MOD must have messed up and merged this into the hot deal section....
I was wondering why I was suddenly subscribed to a dedicated Frankie Tomatto thread.
Apr 6, 2017
734 posts
1182 upvotes
This is really sad for a Toronto establishment.
May 28, 2012
10920 posts
3092 upvotes
Saskatoon
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I agree with a few in here. As a kid it was fun but i went about 3 years ago with a friend and it was just down right gross. nothing of quality to eat, just quantity of pasta in sauce and gross pizza. It wont be missed as far as I am concerned.

also some MOD must have messed up and merged this into the hot deal section....
'Twas me. I'll do my best to fix it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3611 posts
2869 upvotes
djpr wrote: I remember we met the head chef there almost 8 years ago. He offered my mother to try a new dish he was working on. This was a great restaurant for the community. Really sad.
They had a "head" chef? Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1105 posts
786 upvotes
Markham
Mars2012 wrote: 'Twas me. I'll do my best to fix it.
LOL. I'm glad I can un-downvote the thread. Clicked the thumbs down and then noticed it was 2018 and was wondering what was going on

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1321 posts
1411 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Leverage wrote: Are all the RFDers outside of "centre of the RFD universe GTA" supposed to mind read where this is located?
I mean, there was a link that you could click which would tell you exactly where it was located (that is, if the URL didn't tip you off). But maybe clicking links is a GTA thing, I don't know.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9056 posts
3877 upvotes
Toronto
hua sang in toronto has closed
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3611 posts
2869 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: hua sang in toronto has closed
Was that the wah sing knockoff on Baldwin as well? Both should go as they haven't been good for a long time and poor value

I remember going to wah sing few years ago for nostalgia, and boy was it bad and overpriced compared to other places especially those uptown
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4839 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
This? I think they're still around.
At least latest Google Review received last week.
StatsGuy wrote: Was that the wah sing knockoff on Baldwin as well? Both should go as they haven't been good for a long time and poor value

I remember going to wah sing few years ago for nostalgia, and boy was it bad and overpriced compared to other places especially those uptown
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2053 posts
774 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Was that the wah sing knockoff on Baldwin as well? Both should go as they haven't been good for a long time and poor value

i am shock to see they closed. They were always packed. One of the waiter took over when the owner passed away. This place has always been hit and miss but used to be the best place for lobster before Fisherman and Omei etc.... Wah Shing is meh compare to this place. Wah Sing do groupon, this place doesn't maybe they should have.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes

I don't remember the story exactly but I don't think it's really a knock-off. I think my parents told me Hua Sang first opened up because the head chef of Wah Sing got into an argument with Wah Sing owner & left to open Hua Sang, something like that. The man knew what he was doing, probably moreso than the owner of Wah Sing, at least when it comes to cooking. A few yrs back though, he sold it to someone else, & quality control went downhill. This info is from my parents, I didn't really pay much attention to it honestly.