Restaurants that closed permanently

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 9:49 am
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13115 posts
2191 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I think Knight and Day on Lougheed and Boundary in Vancouver is permanently closed. Metal fence rentals have been installed surrounding the entire property. Very sad to see a long-standing family business go like this.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16085 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: I think Knight and Day on Lougheed and Boundary in Vancouver is permanently closed. Metal fence rentals have been installed surrounding the entire property. Very sad to see a long-standing family business go like this.
Unfortunately, you are most likely correct.
Facebook is reporting "Permanently Closed". https://www.facebook.com/pages/category ... 150123114/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9109 posts
3922 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote: Image

I will Google it later.
Thx for sharing though.
another article

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... restaurant
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4382 posts
3910 upvotes
CNE Food Building permanently closed? I won't be upset...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5710664
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21154 posts
23374 upvotes
Toronto
Bond Pub. My local karaoke joint in Toronto's West end just closed for good.
Images
  • bondpub.jpg
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
May 11, 2008
763 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver
Some of my favorite places around my office & neighbourhood in Vancouver that closed:
Sardine Can - May 11th
Campagnolo - August 6th
Tuc Craft Kitchen - August 29th
La Mezcaleria - Gastown location never reopened after shut downs
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16085 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: never heard of this place. how's the food compared to other chinese buffets?
Here's some videos to fill you in on what the place was like. Food was good. Meat may seem thin (before cooking) but they never complained if you took more than just one or two pieces.
(meat choices were beef, pork and lamb-looked the same as very thin hot pot meats)

Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16085 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote: For some reason I recall another thread on RFD mentioning they had renamed and operated in another fashion.
Hmmm...there was a thread about the business being up for sale, but I don't think there was anything about a new restaurant taking it's place. (business still unsold, permanently closed...)

You know what? There is room in the place to put a huge screen up for everyone to watch from their seats. Just fill out a card and have the food brought to the table.
Watch the food being cooked on the screen. Each cooking would have an order number displayed. Perhaps it's just not the same, but it's an idea that would have tied them over until covid 19 dies off.
Oh well.
Thankfully Dragon Pearl didn't close down when they learned that people can't stand around and watch noodles being made anymore. lol
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16085 posts
3502 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: This place is SUPER MEH!!! I’m forced to go yearly for a family members bday as they like it...
I also liked Mongolian Grill. (that's liked, not loved) I was allowed to pile on the shrimp, or even pig out on smoked salmon (week-ends) so I have no complaints about the place. I will miss it. (as will many of my friends)
If I do have to complain, they needed more soup choices, maybe even a little more food in the cooked food section, but their dessert section was very good, chocolate fountain and all...