Credit Cards

REtailer classifications (for cash back reward levels)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 9:36 pm
Tags:
None
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1477 posts
1139 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
UrbanPoet wrote: I'm wondering...

What is SHOPPER DRUG MART classified as? Grocery or just a regular store. Because around shoppers started to stock fresh fruit, veggies, meat, and dairy.
Pharmacy (from my Rogers MC -- Merchant: DRUG STORES, PHARMACIES )
Jun 15, 2017
464 posts
190 upvotes

What is SHOPPER DRUG MART classified as? Grocery or just a regular store. Because around shoppers started to stock fresh fruit, veggies, meat, and dairy.
Just checked my Scotiabank Amex statement.Does not show as grocery.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1284 posts
1568 upvotes
Kitchener
Pharmacy / Drug.

Which gets you double points on a few cards, most notably amex gold. Since they do strong transfer sto airlines/hotels, makes it the best card for there imo. Even better then PCF MCs 3% since SPG is pretty easy to get +50% to +100% point value.

(tho it is nice to stack on top of pc optimum points, so both are pretty nice to use there)
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10057 posts
6148 upvotes

If you have a CC that pays higher cashback for grocery or gas purchase than pharmacy/drug store purchase, then you can buy SDM gcs from grocery stores or gas stations and use the SDM gcs at SDM.

Remember the CC reward rule, it is not what you buy, but where you buy, that determines the reward level.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
:lol:

SDM has "drug" in the name. Gonna be Rx merchant code across the board.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)