Expired Hot Deals

[retromimi.com] BittBoy PocketGo 10% off (on top of already discounted price)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 2:57 pm
[OP]
Jul 13, 2012
36 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver

BittBoy PocketGo 10% off (on top of already discounted price)

Deal Link:
Price:
32.40 USD
Savings:
10% off
Retailer:
retromimi.com

BittBoy PocketGo 10% off (on top of already discounted price)

link: https://retromimi.com/collections/handh ... 3193519174

10% Off Discount Code: PG10
Enter code on page after clicking “Checkout”.
Original Price: $49.99
Sale price: $35.99
Price with coupon code: $32.40 (shipping calculated at checkout)
**please note prices are in USD**

Handheld emulator (roms not included)

Perfectly emulates the following consoles:
Gameboy
Gameboy Color
NES
Sega Master System
Sega Mega Drive
SNES
GBA
NeoGeo
MAME

My personal experience with the BittBoy line has been really great. I originally purchased the 1st gen Bittboy and it was a good NES emulator. I later purchased the 2nd Gen which offered more support for NES, GB and GBC. The Current offering is their best so far as it an excellent emulator across the board and the build quality of the device is solid. Their community on facebook (Retro Game Handheld Paradise) is also super helpful in getting support/updates to firmware.

What I was most impressed with is that they have great customer service (have been able to get assistance after I accidentally bricked the device) and shipping is really fast (was able to get one delivered to Vancouver in less than a week).

If you would like to see the handheld in action, there are a ton of videos on youtube praising its high quality for its price. One of my favs is this one by EXCESSORIZE ME. (Jump to the 8:40 mark):

9 replies
Oct 17, 2005
355 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
Price/deal is ok...

I paid (total with shipping) around $40 USD via ebay shipping from China (via China/Canada Post) so i wasn't hit with duties/brokerage fees

Just adding my 2 cents for perspective
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2190 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
Hey that’s my video thanks for sharing! Awesome little device would highly recommend for anyone wanting that nostalgic feel.

Basically the size of a GameBoy Micro but can play all emulators.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9213 posts
5652 upvotes
Toronto
I had V1 and V2 of the Bittboy, QC isn't great on these as they suffer from screen tear and light bleed. Mine also had permanent ghost key and CFW issues but was fixed in subsequent revisions.

If I were to get one today I'd probably spend more on an RG300 IPS or RG350, which have 60Hz IPS displays and a more comfortable hold. LDK landscape also looks decent for a cheaper device with 2.7" screen.

Lots of vids on YT for the various China handhelds so I've had time to scope out the scene, also PocketGo 2 is coming soon to undercut the RG350 so may be a good time to wait it out.

https://retrododo.com/bittboy-pocket-go-v2/
Last edited by Angultra on Oct 16th, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Feb 26, 2011
794 posts
846 upvotes
Calgary
How's the battery life?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2464 posts
1378 upvotes
Thanks OP I've been wanting a device like this. The screen looks a bit small though is there something else recommended for a similar value but larger size?
I also contemplated buying a custom Gameboy-emulator device from a former colleague that builds them himself (altho $$$).
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2258 posts
887 upvotes
how is this compare to the Dingoo?
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2294 posts
1153 upvotes
Markham
If anyone wants a Bittboy v3 in Markham. Let me know.
$20

Was able to get a PS vita, so I don't use it anymore.

PM me
[OP]
Jul 13, 2012
36 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been getting about 2-3 hours battery life personally, mainly playing the GBA and SNES emulators
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9213 posts
5652 upvotes
Toronto
razrsharp wrote: Thanks OP I've been wanting a device like this. The screen looks a bit small though is there something else recommended for a similar value but larger size?
I also contemplated buying a custom Gameboy-emulator device from a former colleague that builds them himself (altho $$$).
LDK Landscape (2.7") or RG300 (3.0") are probably your best bet right now (RG300 especially with the IPS update). I found the bittboy too small, similar to GB Micro - always preferred the SP screen size.