Returning BNIB iPod touch

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2011 7:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6116 posts
849 upvotes
Greely
Blueroom wrote: The OPs other recent thread about Future Shop was so full of fail and changing stories it puts a doubt in my mind about this one.
Best I can figure is he bought a MacBook on the student discount which included an iPod Touch. Now he wants to get money for the iPod Touch even though it was included free with his Mac.
PS they DO take down the serial number of the iPod on the bill of sale with the MacBook.
I call Shenanigans.

Interesting theory - I was thinking the "trade 5 games for a free 8gb touch" from a few weeks ago and now trying to get full price back.
Banned
Nov 21, 2010
310 posts
48 upvotes
I guess that if u got wallent stolen then there is little chance that they will do something for u...it's kind of ur own fault actually, unless u got prove
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
84 upvotes
Who pays cash for an ipod touch? Any RFDer worth his salt puts any such purchase on a credit card for the extended warranty.
Dec 30, 2006
174 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
I hope you learned your lesson. Always photocopy your receipts immediately after purchase and lock them in a safe for back-up. Always take the original receipts out of your wallet and store them in a second safe, preferably at a separate location from the first safe. Also, in the event you can't get to your safes in time, get one of those 90s-fad wallet chains and lock it on your belt loop so you'll never per chance 'lose' your wallet. And most importantly, enroll yourself in some chronic lying psychiatric program to ensure you never come up with these bull**** lies in the first place.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3356 posts
68 upvotes
Why is everyone keep bumping this thread to the top? We gave him/her the obvious answer which is a NO. Now how about we just lock this thread and move on?
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
84 upvotes
darkprince wrote: Why is everyone keep bumping this thread to the top? We gave him/her the obvious answer which is a NO. Now how about we just lock this thread and move on?

It hadnt been bumped for 7 hours. Thanks for bringing it back to the top. :eek:
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19191 posts
1686 upvotes
I would hope FS found this story as fishy as I do, and would not accept the return.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings