• Jul 1st, 2020 12:14 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1474 posts
1131 upvotes

Returning a large Amazon item?

I have had to make a few Amazon return over the years for small items. They Emailed a return label and I’ve packaged it in a box and went to the Post Office to drop it off.

We received a exercise bike 2 weeks ago and there seems to be an issue with the resistance knob. This thing weighs 70+ lbs and we no longer have the box for it.

If we can’t trouble shoot the issue I’d like to return it.

Can someone give some insight:

1. Would this even be possible?
2. Can I return it without the box?
3. How would I return a large item?
4 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2004
5270 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
Open a chat with Amazon - they will send a truck to come pick it up. If it's doesn't make economic sense for them, they will just ship you a new one and let you keep of the faulty one (and dispose of it yourself).
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
233 upvotes
Montreal
First, reach out to Amazon to see if they can help out with adjusting the bike or refer you to manufacturer's customer service.

Otherwise for returning;
Which carrier originally delivered it to you?

Asking because I believe over 70 lbs must be special service.
In the past, I've had UPS come and pick up hefty (but under 50 lbs) packages (Amazon returns) from my place, for free.
Last edited by danmartin471 on Jul 1st, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1693 posts
215 upvotes
I would believe being a prime member would have it's advantages in this certain scenario.
While I had my prime membership I was talking to a rep in their live chat about a return and they easily said they would accept the return on an item (but it was small and weights less than 10lbs) which I had to pay for a courier to pick it up from my house. Then they would reimburse me for the entire cost of the method it was sent back to them 100%.
Just as long as it was an item "purchase by amazon" product and not a 3rd party seller.

I don't know if they would do this if I wasn't a prime member at the time of purchase. Cause your paying them $7.99 for this hassle-free service of accepting returns on anything you do not want to keep of theirs they are sending to you. No?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1474 posts
1131 upvotes
danmartin471 wrote: First, reach out to Amazon to see if they can help out with adjusting the bike or refer you to manufacturer's customer service.

Otherwise for returning;
Which carrier originally delivered it to you?

Asking because I believe over 70 lbs must be special service.
In the past, I've had UPS come and pick up hefty (but under 50 lbs) packages (Amazon returns) from my place.
TheRock2012 wrote: I would believe being a prime member would have it's advantages in this certain scenario.
While I had my prime membership I was talking to a rep in their live chat about a return and they easily said they would accept the return on an item (but it was small and weights less than 10lbs) which I had to pay for a courier to pick it up from my house. Then they would reimburse me for the entire cost of the method it was sent back to them 100%.
Just as long as it was an item "purchase by amazon" product and not a 3rd party seller.

I don't know if they would do this if I wasn't a prime member at the time of purchase. Cause your paying them $7.99 for this hassle-free service of accepting returns on anything you do not want to keep of theirs they are sending to you. No?
Delivered by Ceva.

I am a prime member.