Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1763 posts
247 upvotes

Returning Open Router to FutureShop

I bought a router two days ago thinking mine was dead, turns out it wasn't the problem. Can I return the open router to Futureshop? Should I reset to factory defaults if I can?
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
3 replies
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
I've returned plenty of computer parts to FutureShop. Usually for the exact reason you say, I'll get a part from there to see if it's the problem in my setup. Even if it IS the problem, I'll usually return it and get a better price somewhere else.

That said, I've never returned a router...don't see why they wouldn't take it back though.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
sixteen12 wrote: I bought a router two days ago thinking mine was dead, turns out it wasn't the problem. Can I return the open router to Futureshop? Should I reset to factory defaults if I can?

As for whether you can return it, might I suggest you read their return policies, either online or on the back of your receipt? Your answer will be there. When it comes to resetting the factory defaults, most definitely you should. It'll only take about 30 seconds to do that often just needs a button on the back to be pressed while the unit is powered up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7566 posts
3822 upvotes
Alberta
iamnotamerican.com wrote: As for whether you can return it, might I suggest you read their return policies, either online or on the back of your receipt? Your answer will be there. When it comes to resetting the factory defaults, most definitely you should. It'll only take about 30 seconds to do that often just needs a button on the back to be pressed while the unit is powered up.
Totally agree, but it shouldn't be a problem returning it.