• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 12:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1134 posts
956 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
What family "hates" a Nintendo Switch x_x I don't even want to imagine a family like that.

Maybe get a family PC gaming rig? IDK.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19962 posts
8268 upvotes
Toronto
It's Walmart and the Switch is not factory sealed to begin with anyways. If you pack up everything like stock, it shouldn't be an issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2917 posts
1572 upvotes
B.C.
PointsHubby wrote: Let me check my crystal ball ...

Yup there it is
Coming into focus now
It says ... CALL THEM

Seriously Dude, what the actual store says regarding Returns is what matters
Not a bunch of randoms on the Internet

NO STORE is obligated to do Refunds or Returns
Each Store ... can do as they please / set own policy
And if it’s a franchise situation ... then it comes down to each Store Manager

Worse case ... no return
And you sell it on Kijiji
Good timing with Christmas around the corner
Just showing up will get you better chances IMO.

If you ask they'll say no, if you show up they'll probably just process the return.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8480 posts
2604 upvotes
Mississauga
Sounds like you did some very poor research beforehand, and did not give it a fair try to even be able to say you and everyone you know hates it. Lesson learned is be more diligent before making a purchase, stores are not here to give you free "test drives" of products.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1389 posts
529 upvotes
Vancouver
I jsut remember l did buy a swtich before and though I didn't it and return it. It also came with a code for mario. Now I didn't use it but when I return to Best buy the front desk sales just check to make sure all the parts are there. i don't think she even know/cares it comes with a free game code.
Oct 9, 2011
854 posts
381 upvotes
carmaster wrote: It's Walmart and the Switch is not factory sealed to begin with anyways. If you pack up everything like stock, it shouldn't be an issue.

Many years ago when I bought a 3DS from Walmart, the sales say there is no return on Nintendo console, if there is something wrong, contact manufacturer. He even pointed at at note on his desk about no return for Nintendo console.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
2469 posts
2687 upvotes
BC
Congratulations on your new Switch!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4832 posts
3317 upvotes
Vancouver
jjesskaka wrote: Many years ago when I bought a 3DS from Walmart, the sales say there is no return on Nintendo console, if there is something wrong, contact manufacturer. He even pointed at at note on his desk about no return for Nintendo console.
Honestly i wouldn't mind if they made this the standard policy for consoles period across all stores. Basically all consoles are final sales or at least final sale + exchange if defective only. That way there wouldn't be nearly as many people trying to flip new consoles when they are released. I've seen enough people complaining about lack of PS5/X in various places (including RFD and various social media platforms) these days and i believe there was some news article claiming resellers had more stocks than retailers but you can bet most of them bought them at those retailers and could return them if they couldn't turn a profit. Its hard to miss when i'm really just looking for info on when new games are coming out for PS5/X but keep coming across people complaining about no stock... lol
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3105 posts
2711 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
psyko514 wrote: Sure, but you really think he spent $500 upfront and went through all this trouble, including the risk of having a refund refused, simply to scam a $10 membership? Even if his refund is accepted, that's a whole lot of work for such a meagre reward.
I've seen people do some weirdass stuff just to get a free coffee from Starbuck's, so I wouldn't be surprised. :)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.