Health & Wellness

Reusable Face Masks You Purchased And Liked ...

Jun 2, 2011
400 posts
393 upvotes
I received my UA masks. They are nice, but... I should have ordered a size down (they fit big), and although very light they are more padded than I thought (look like MK Scorpion wearing it lol). Somewhat due to it fitting loose I'm sure - gotta try sizing the straps down a bit. I had hoped to use it as a daily also, but yeah naw just for workouts probably.
Last edited by powderskull on Jul 31st, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 4, 2010
5 posts
Toronto
Which cloth masks are good for adults with small faces? Finding the adult small sizes too big and the children's sizes too small >.<
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11805 posts
2348 upvotes
Sorry for the late reply. I've been using the Under Armour masks for about 2-3 weeks now.

Good - Fits great. Definitely nice to have a size that doesn't bend my ears forward. The area in front of the mouth is large enough (for most people) that your lips won't touch the mask. The nose piece seemed flimsy, but has held its shape so far. The mask is more breathable than other masks i've tried, but it's not so good you're going to forget you're wearing a mask. The materials and build seem good, but I do have one issue where between my 2 masks, one mask touches my lip a lot while the other I need to pucker my lips to reach the mask. Could be some QA issues.

Bad - You need to hand wash and air dry. That does get annoying to do it so often. I wish I had more of these, so washing them all once a week instead of every other day. Following the sizing guide, I am well into the XL/XXL size. The fit is actually perfect for me, but for others who fall into the smaller ranges should go down 1 size. The Iso-Chill doesn't live up to the hype. It's not "cool against my skin". On a hot day or if I'm working up a sweat, my mouth area will definitely get sweaty.

Overall, these are the best masks that I've tried (better than disposable, cloth, and Reebok/adidas masks), but IMO it's not worth the $35 price tag.
Sep 30, 2001
28301 posts
7313 upvotes
Toronto
I have bought maybe 20 different reusable masks, some from known brands, some from Etsy. I didn't like the UA one. Too expensive, bulky, and heat builds up quickly. My current go to is either Herschel (has a nice silky feeling, has a nose wire, and is easy to breath through but is slightly too small for me) and the Tilley masks from Costco (soft fabric, has a nose wire, easy to breath through, fits nicely under my jaw).
FS: Xbox One X (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Aug 23, 2014
195 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
We've added to our reusable mask collection. As per my earlier posts, so far it's thumbs up (with different preferences for each family member) for: Tilley from Costco, VetMedSolutions, Bond St (from Staples), Costco reusable (one with the dog on the package), Sendusmasks.com.

Latest thumbs up is for Old Navy - didn't think I'd like these, no nose wire, no filter pocket - but they are cheap and cheerful and good for spares (and for kids heading to school). We got stuck in the Old Navy UPS Delay Nightmare which saw our order take months, but it did get here (and they seem to have ironed out their shipping issues somewhat).

Latest thumbs down is for Adidas. Maybe our whole family has odd faces but could not get a good fit with these on anyone. The large size was too small on the adult males in the house, and too big on the kids. I know these work for lots of people but they did not work for us at all.
Dec 4, 2004
389 posts
70 upvotes
Coquitlam
hawaiigirl wrote: We have bought from several suppliers and the ones we purchased here are by far the best
https://www.fancypantsforthehorse.com

They fit well are adjustable and Canadian made on Vancouver Island. Shipped
out the day we order
+1 for fancy pants. After checking out many, many sites, I ordered from here from your recommendation. The gorgeous parrot print caught my eye immediately.

Very comfortable and easy to breath in. I ordered 3 to start and will most likely order a few more.

Definitely recommend. Love that they are locally made. The owner even included a personalized hand written note, which I felt was a great touch.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1343 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
Supermantd wrote: Bought reusable masks online from
https://sendusmasks.com/

Has metal wire to tighten nose area
Adjustable air loop
Optional filter area

I found out this website on facebook advertisement and bought a pack of 5. Not bad. Many positive reviews online.
Made in Canada (toronto I think)
These look good. I'm going to assume you have to buy the filters separately somewhere else to use. Is it good to use as is without a filter?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1372 posts
550 upvotes
I bought everbrand's first generation viraloff masks about 2 months ago (linked are the current ones they sell): https://everbrand.us/collections/all-pr ... 4368015446

They don't sell the gen I bought anymore but it seems like these new ones have improved on the old design anyways. The metal nose clip they made removable and added some water repellency in the outer layer.

Pretty $ though. I got mine for $25 USD+15 shipping for a 5 pack. The new ones have gone up in price to $33/3 and $42/5 so +15 for shipping as well (I'm assuming that hasn't changed). but if the quality is anything like their first gen masks then I think it's totally worth it.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2451 posts
844 upvotes
Ottawa
powderskull wrote: I received my UA masks. They are nice, but... I should have ordered a size down (they fit big), and although very light they are more padded than I thought (look like MK Scorpion wearing it lol). Somewhat due to it fitting loose I'm sure - gotta try sizing the straps down a bit. I had hoped to use it as a daily also, but yeah naw just for workouts probably.
What prevents you from using the UA mask more often?
joeyjoejoe wrote: Sorry for the late reply. I've been using the Under Armour masks for about 2-3 weeks now.

Bad - You need to hand wash and air dry. That does get annoying to do it so often. I wish I had more of these, so washing them all once a week instead of every other day. Following the sizing guide, I am well into the XL/XXL size. The fit is actually perfect for me, but for others who fall into the smaller ranges should go down 1 size. The Iso-Chill doesn't live up to the hype. It's not "cool against my skin". On a hot day or if I'm working up a sweat, my mouth area will definitely get sweaty.

Overall, these are the best masks that I've tried (better than disposable, cloth, and Reebok/adidas masks), but IMO it's not worth the $35 price tag.
Hand washing definitely seems to be a big downside on it, also that $35 is pretty steep. I guess I still want to see one in person before I'm sure if I want one.
MrDisco wrote: I have bought maybe 20 different reusable masks, some from known brands, some from Etsy. I didn't like the UA one. Too expensive, bulky, and heat builds up quickly. My current go to is either Herschel (has a nice silky feeling, has a nose wire, and is easy to breath through but is slightly too small for me) and the Tilley masks from Costco (soft fabric, has a nose wire, easy to breath through, fits nicely under my jaw).
I just looked at the Herschel masks after seeing your post. Are the elastic ear loops sewed in place or can you replace them? The have a nice curve to them so it looks like you can talk without having your lips keep touching the mask?
Clement wrote: I bought everbrand's first generation viraloff masks about 2 months ago (linked are the current ones they sell): https://everbrand.us/collections/all-pr ... 4368015446
Can the earloop elastics be rotated about their hole in the mask? If so that means I could add a longer elastic so that it could go about the back of my head instead of around the ears.

Having a removable nose wire is pretty nice, after it dies, you can just put a metal twist-tie in there. Also from the pictures it looks like the mask extends further out from your face so get more internal volume than the masks with the 3 pleats. so your lips won't touch the edges will they?
Sep 30, 2001
28301 posts
7313 upvotes
Toronto
I just looked at the Herschel masks after seeing your post. Are the elastic ear loops sewed in place or can you replace them? The have a nice curve to them so it looks like you can talk without having your lips keep touching the mask?
the elastic is sewn in place. It also has a plastic hook if you don’t want to wrap it around your ears.

your lips may brush against the material. i guess it depends on the size of your nose.
40524663-8C60-4A11-93E9-0CED5873F814.jpeg
A286A269-8B23-4392-9BE9-8FBF434E2DAD.jpeg

Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1343 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
Dave98 wrote: what do you guys think of the levelwear masks?
https://ca.levelwear.com/collections/ma ... ar-guard-3

they're the ones they're handing out to the NHLers in the bubble. Probably product placement more than anything but meh. $20 a piece for the three layer models
I ordered one of these and just got it today. I got to say it's very comfy on the face, adjustable ear loop doesn't pull or put pressure on my ear. It has a pocket for the option of using a filter and really sits well on my face.

Will have to test out tomorrow to see how it feels throughout the day.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2451 posts
844 upvotes
Ottawa
MrDisco wrote: the elastic is sewn in place. It also has a plastic hook if you don’t want to wrap it around your ears.

your lips may brush against the material. i guess it depends on the size of your nose.
Looks nice. But I think I'm not asking my question about the earloop elastic correctly, it looks like the holes aren't sewn shut.

Like could you stick a pencil in one end if the hole on the mask and then push it out to the other end? If so then I could modify it with a SINGLE larger elastic/string so that it can go around my head like in the picture below.

This kind of headband elastic can be done with ONE long piece and does not require any sewing if the holes on the mask are "free". Lol.. I'm definitely not using the correct wording for this.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4361 posts
1623 upvotes
GTA
Bleachway wrote: I ordered one of these and just got it today. I got to say it's very comfy on the face, adjustable ear loop doesn't pull or put pressure on my ear. It has a pocket for the option of using a filter and really sits well on my face.

Will have to test out tomorrow to see how it feels throughout the day.
Yeah, it's alright. It's a nice fit and it's comfortable. I don't think I care much for the filter but as a mask to protect others against droplets then it's fine. Probably overpriced for what it is but oh well.

The filter doesn't even over your nostrils with it in there. I turned it vertically so it's somewhat better in that sense.
Sep 30, 2001
28301 posts
7313 upvotes
Toronto
eugene188 wrote: This kind of headband elastic can be done with ONE long piece and does not require any sewing if the holes on the mask are "free". Lol.. I'm definitely not using the correct wording for this.
yes you could do that with a sewing needle or if you cut the existing elastic off then you'll have enough space for a pencil to slip through