Health & Wellness

Reusable Face Masks You Purchased And Liked ...

Feb 11, 2013
56 posts
13 upvotes
North Vancouver
We have bought from several suppliers and the ones we purchased here are by far the best
https://www.fancypantsforthehorse.com

They fit well are adjustable and Canadian made on Vancouver Island. Shipped
out the day we ordered them.

We bought a 4 pack from here
https://www.champ-sys.ca/pages/non-medical-masks
and they are not very good. Made in China as well. It does not tell you
this on the website or we would not have purchased from them.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
at1212b wrote: I got something like this. Super comfortable as it's got the back strap to secure it, and take pressure off the ears. Doesn't fog up glasses, and it came with alot of replaceable filters. Would recommend this style.

Ordered one of these cycling mask, but I'm still waiting for it to be delivered from AliExpress. Does anyone know how to wash these since they appear to have a plastic valve on the mask?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17721 posts
1263 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Has anyone looked into the O2 mask apparently made in Canada? Apparently they were also tested/certified by the University of Waterloo.

https://o2canada.com/

A bit pricey, but I'm not posting this in Hot Deals so...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8928 posts
1159 upvotes
Montreal, QC
at1212b wrote: I got something like this. Super comfortable as it's got the back strap to secure it, and take pressure off the ears. Doesn't fog up glasses, and it came with alot of replaceable filters. Would recommend this style.

I also use one like this and just get a bunch of refills. They're really breathable/comfortable compared to the cotton ones I got initially.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote: I also use one like this and just get a bunch of refills. They're really breathable/comfortable compared to the cotton ones I got initially.
My cycling mask with filters has not arrived in the mail yet. Can you wash this type of mask or do you strictly replace with new filters?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8928 posts
1159 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mr_Fanta wrote: My cycling mask with filters has not arrived in the mail yet. Can you wash this type of mask or do you strictly replace with new filters?
You can remove the filters/inserts and wash the shell yes.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3354 posts
1362 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote: You can remove the filters/inserts and wash the shell yes.
OK. How about the plastic valve is it removable before washing? Surely you won't be able to tumble dry it or it would melt and probably even get ruined in machine wash as well? I'm sort of too lazy to hand wash that's why I'm asking about my purchase. LOL
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8928 posts
1159 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mr_Fanta wrote: OK. How about the plastic valve is it removable before washing? Surely you won't be able to tumble dry it or it would melt and probably even get ruined in machine wash as well? I'm sort of too lazy to hand wash that's why I'm asking about my purchase. LOL
No worries haha! Yes the plastic valves and the refills (which are attached via the valves) are all removable so you're only left with the "shell" which you can throw into the washing machine.

You can bulk buy both the valves and the refills:
Feb 23, 2019
122 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone had any experience with the costco masks bought online? Are they the same as in-store?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2466 posts
852 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought the Gap masks. I don't think I would recommend at the price of 3 for $20.

The nose piece wire thing turned out to be a dud. Unlike the disposable masks, the adjustable nose piece kind of bounces back to original shape. I does NOT hug your face, and is almost like it isn't there. If you wear glasses and they fog up, the Gap masks are not for you.

I also have a smaller head, but the ear straps were pulling on my ears. Not recommended if people have larger head, your ears will hurt.

I found a Canadian company out of Pickering, ON that makes masks that seem promising. The mask actually seems to stick out from the face so you get more internal volume, and the nose wire seems better in the pictures. The ear straps are non-adjustable tho.
https://keymasks.co/collections/shimmer ... -face-mask

I've started to see some masks where the rope goes around the back of your head (like how surgeons need to tie them) instead of around your ears. I had one disposable mask that that and it gave good fit and didn't need to bother the ears.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11810 posts
2351 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Wow. I thought the one from Under Amour was expensive at $35 a pop, but this is even more. It does look like it has all the bells and whistles tho. and looks like it extends away from the mouth area for easy talking.

I'm not sure if I'll need to be wearing a mask when school starts again, if so none of the ones I have will cut it because of all the talking I have to do. My lips just keep rubbing up on the masks.
I bought the Under Armor masks. I find all the "one size fits all" masks were too small for my giant head. UA was one of the few places with different sizes. They don't have adjustable straps, but they come in 5 sizes. I bought XL/XXL. It wasn't supposed to ship until mid-August, but it looks like it just shipped! I'll post what they are like.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1753 posts
361 upvotes
My wife got some made by Keen for $5 .

The material is a bit coarse but they fit nicely and have adjustable straps.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2466 posts
852 upvotes
Ottawa
joeyjoejoe wrote:
I bought the Under Armor masks. I find all the "one size fits all" masks were too small for my giant head. UA was one of the few places with different sizes. They don't have adjustable straps, but they come in 5 sizes. I bought XL/XXL. It wasn't supposed to ship until mid-August, but it looks like it just shipped! I'll post what they are like.
Oh yes, please do update!
Sum_guy wrote: My wife got some made by Keen for $5 .

The material is a bit coarse but they fit nicely and have adjustable straps.
Nice I saw those on insta. Was wondering about them cuz I like their shoes. But I think there is no nose wire in them?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1753 posts
361 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Nice I saw those on insta. Was wondering about them cuz I like their shoes. But I think there is no nose wire in them?
No nose wire and the material is a bit coarse.
Nov 2, 2016
56 posts
29 upvotes
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Is it water resistant / has a DWR added?
dont think so tbh. filters are easy to change and its washable tho.