Health & Wellness

Reusable Face Masks You Purchased And Liked ...

Jun 8, 2020
42 posts
21 upvotes
Bought reusable masks online from
https://sendusmasks.com/

Has metal wire to tighten nose area
Adjustable air loop
Optional filter area

I found out this website on facebook advertisement and bought a pack of 5. Not bad. Many positive reviews online.
Made in Canada (toronto I think)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2151 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
joeyjoejoe wrote: I bought the Under Armor masks. I find all the "one size fits all" masks were too small for my giant head. UA was one of the few places with different sizes. They don't have adjustable straps, but they come in 5 sizes. I bought XL/XXL. It wasn't supposed to ship until mid-August, but it looks like it just shipped! I'll post what they are like.
I just ordered one too, I hope mine ships that quick. I ordered it for the gym for now I am just going to use disposable surgical masks. The UA one was the only one I could find that was designed to be worn during intense physical activity.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1437 posts
466 upvotes
Calgary
BigSJW wrote: Has anyone had any experience with the costco masks bought online? Are they the same as in-store?
Still haven't seen mine yet, they've been "preparing for shipment" for two weeks now.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4949 posts
418 upvotes
Supermantd wrote: Bought reusable masks online from
https://sendusmasks.com/

Has metal wire to tighten nose area
Adjustable air loop
Optional filter area

I found out this website on facebook advertisement and bought a pack of 5. Not bad. Many positive reviews online.
Made in Canada (toronto I think)
Was your filter area opened from the bottom or the top of the mask? I mentioned earlier in this thread that the ones I got opened from the bottom but another user ordered prior to me and received masks where the filter pocket opened from the top. I ordered at the end of June while the other user ordered I believe early June.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13371 posts
8342 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Top / Bottom, what's the difference?
Canada_7 wrote: Was your filter area opened from the bottom or the top of the mask? I mentioned earlier in this thread that the ones I got opened from the bottom but another user ordered prior to me and received masks where the filter pocket opened from the top. I ordered at the end of June while the other user ordered I believe early June.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4949 posts
418 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Top / Bottom, what's the difference?
After trying my own mask (opening at the bottom), tbh, I'd assume not much difference. I just thought it was curious they changed where the opening was. I originally worried if they made them wrong (a few users on Facebook as well have mentioned the different side opening) seem to mention and that having the opening on the bottom would allow your filter to fall out. From using a piece of folded up paper towel as a filter for the time being, I haven't had any issues of it falling out so it seems fine. The mask is curved on your face so I don't think it's an issue.
Jun 8, 2020
42 posts
21 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: Was your filter area opened from the bottom or the top of the mask? I mentioned earlier in this thread that the ones I got opened from the bottom but another user ordered prior to me and received masks where the filter pocket opened from the top. I ordered at the end of June while the other user ordered I believe early June.
My filter pocket opened from the top (ordered end of june). I use the medal nose piece and press it down and it's ok.

Some customer wrote a feedback on trust pilot website and claim it was a design flaw opening it at the top. Virus can go in and end up 1 layer. I
think they redesign it to open from the bottom now.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2451 posts
844 upvotes
Ottawa
I was totally wondering about that. Because if masks are supposed to prevent your droplets from coming out, the the valve is actually letting the droplets out! I'm guessing that the valve does slow the droplets tho and since it is on the side there is a reduced amount of droplets coming out the valve.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2451 posts
844 upvotes
Ottawa
I saw this on reddit about masks with vents.

The image is taken from their pdf found here.

Those N95 masks with vents are usually for people in industry who work in places with lots of dust, where it doesn't matter what kind of air they exhale.

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3348 posts
1257 upvotes
Brampton
eugene188 wrote: I was totally wondering about that. Because if masks are supposed to prevent your droplets from coming out, the the valve is actually letting the droplets out! I'm guessing that the valve does slow the droplets tho and since it is on the side there is a reduced amount of droplets coming out the valve.
Ty for that. My main mask has a valve but what I once thought was a design flaw seems to work now. The valve in mine does not go straight through the layers, just the first outer layer. Then there's the inner layer, filter and lastly, inner filter pocket layer. So going in, air passes through 4 layers then air going out, passes through 3 layers. My kids masks have a valve as well and air going out passés through 2 layers (inner pocket layer then filter).
nada