None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3671 posts
1205 upvotes
Oshawa, ON

Reusable furnace filters. Save $$$

I haven't seen a post about this, so I'd figure I'd share it. You've probably never heard of reusable filters and if you have, they're hard(er) to get. In the automotive industry, big box stores sell the cheap rubber wiper blades instead of silicone wiper blades, and disposable cabin filters instead of reusable filters but these silicone wipers blades and reusable filters are non-existent in their stores. There's a reason for that, disposable items keeps customers returning, it generates more revenue and as a result, they keep pushing excess waste to the landfills. Recently in the past years, reusable (washable) furnace filters came into the industry. You simply just use water and rinse them off, you can use a dedicated cleaner to get the stubborn stains if required. These last a lifetime and will save you a lot of money

Here's a few off Amazon:
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
4939 posts
1837 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
If you get one, let us know how it works out for actual ease of cleaning and the quality of the filter.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12912 posts
7668 upvotes
Brampton
After using them for years. They're IMO awful. For the following reasons:
- Don't filter well
- Filter well? Too Restrictive
- Hard to clean.

I know they've gotten better.
Balancing convenience and flow etc. A good MERV 8-11 Filter disposable is hard to beat.

If you want reusable a good multi-stage EAC is hard to beat.