Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
May 31, 2004
50 posts
toronto ontario

review of Chocolate Bar/Lounge

A small"ish" group had arrived between 7:30 and 8:00 on a Monday evening for celebratory birthday cocktails. Even though the evening was on the beginning of the week, we had reserved in advance thinking that this would at least register on the management's radar. Obviously not. One wait staff. Although the only other table was a table of 4, our wait staff was lacking on various levels. Thinking the martinis were reasonably priced, 3 of us indulged, while others had mixed drinks. Our martinis only filled half the glass (notice the positive influence here as they were at least not half empty!). In hindsight, I do not recall hearing the ever pleasant ice shaker in which our martinis should have been created. They were warm and very lack luster. There must have been a shortage of ice as the mixed drinks were also lacking. Note to staff: vodka and soda does not equal vodka and 7up. Soda = Club soda. The music was not in keeping with the lounge decor. The d ecor and atmosphere certainly doesn't come together to form any type of ambiance. I will agree with anyone who says the the Ikea leather chairs and sofas were indeed comfortable. They were. The reigning confusion upon departure was also an indisputable turn-off. I would have to say it isn't worth a second trip down to Chocolate. I mix my own drinks better at home.
"Don't ask me, I don't know anything! I'm a product of American Education System. I also build poor quality cars and inferior style
electronics."
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6274 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Could have started a fake argument/fight to drive all the patrons out and then take off. :twisted:
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
'K™B.
thanks for the review, wanted to check that place out, but it seems that every lounge now has half-assed managment, and crap drinks.. it ends up being a night of frustration, instead of enjoyment...
i'll stay away from this hole......
Apr 27, 2004
319 posts
3 upvotes
Thats the King and Jarvis location right?? Hmm..