Fashion & Beauty

Review on Moose Knuckles Manitoba Guitar Lake Parka

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 10:12 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 28, 2017
82 posts
33 upvotes

Review on Moose Knuckles Manitoba Guitar Lake Parka

I am looking at the Moose Knuckles Manitoba Guitar Lake Parka (https://www.mooseknucklescanada.com/en/ ... -m39mp261x) that is currently on sale for $700. I couldn't find much review on this jacket. The specs look very similar to their classic Stirling Parka (which is also currently on sale for $700, but doesn't have any in black https://www.mooseknucklescanada.com/en/ ... mp-dec2019). Any feedback/comments on the Moose Knuckles Manitoba Guitar Lake Parka would be much appreciated. Thanks.
10 replies
Member
Dec 29, 2017
236 posts
170 upvotes
I got Manitoba Guitar Lake (MGL)... In short, it's a special edition of Stirling jacket. The difference is that all knobs and zippers on Manitoba GL jacket are oxy-died (blacked out), versus on Stirling they are all silver/shiny. Personally, I LOVE it, the fur looks amazing and in general, the parka looks very stealth (especially the black version).
IMO, regular Stirling jackets are GREAT, but given the buttons and knobs are all silver which makes its ultra street-style... Difficult to dress up and not look like a rookie undergrad :) Don't want to offend anyone :) They are nice jackets, but not for every occasion.

Wanted to note, all MGL jackets are made in VIETNAM, just as SOME of Stirling models. I am aware that some diehard MS fans buy only MADE IN CANADA... but honestly, quality-wise I DID NOT see any difference. MS truly got their act together with regard to quality assurance. In case of issues, you got the warranty.

If you want moose knuckles, stealth mode, get the MGL it is the SAME jacket/cut as STIRLING.

P.S. on MGL the only shiny element is the Moose Knuckles logo on the sleeve. It's silver! It would be cool if they had a blackout version, IMO :) Maybe next season :)
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 28, 2017
82 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks for the info / review - it is very helpful.

Moose Knuckles's website should really do a better job at describing the various styles.
Member
Dec 29, 2017
236 posts
170 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: Thanks for the info / review - it is very helpful.

Moose Knuckles's website should really do a better job at describing the various styles.
100% descriptions on the site as very vague. They didn't call it "special version of Stirling" but it truly is. Check it out, I urge you to find any difference other than the color of knobs and zippers. LOL.

I say, buy with confidence, you won't regret it. It's an amazing jacket.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2934 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
track2 wrote: I got Manitoba Guitar Lake (MGL)... In short, it's a special edition of Stirling jacket. The difference is that all knobs and zippers on Manitoba GL jacket are oxy-died (blacked out), versus on Stirling they are all silver/shiny. Personally, I LOVE it, the fur looks amazing and in general, the parka looks very stealth (especially the black version).
IMO, regular Stirling jackets are GREAT, but given the buttons and knobs are all silver which makes its ultra street-style... Difficult to dress up and not look like a rookie undergrad :) Don't want to offend anyone :) They are nice jackets, but not for every occasion.

Wanted to note, all MGL jackets are made in VIETNAM, just as SOME of Stirling models. I am aware that some diehard MS fans buy only MADE IN CANADA... but honestly, quality-wise I DID NOT see any difference. MS truly got their act together with regard to quality assurance. In case of issues, you got the warranty.

If you want moose knuckles, stealth mode, get the MGL it is the SAME jacket/cut as STIRLING.

P.S. on MGL the only shiny element is the Moose Knuckles logo on the sleeve. It's silver! It would be cool if they had a blackout version, IMO :) Maybe next season :)
Which color did you get and what do think of it?

They have another version of the Stirling that has gold accents that's like $300 more I think with red fox fur - didn't know they had another version that's more low-key called the MGL.

This looks great and it even goes on sale? Very nice.
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2010
813 posts
717 upvotes
Ticco wrote: Which color did you get and what do think of it?

They have another version of the Stirling that has gold accents that's like $300 more I think with red fox fur - didn't know they had another version that's more low-key called the MGL.

This looks great and it even goes on sale? Very nice.
Most MK's go on sale, you just need to look for them. Their outlet has all the popular styles on sale too if you live in ON.

https://duewest.ca/collections/40-off-mens-outerwear

Even has the red fox fur one you speak of if I'm thinking of the right one.
Member
Dec 29, 2017
236 posts
170 upvotes
Ticco wrote: Which color did you get and what do think of it?

They have another version of the Stirling that has gold accents that's like $300 more I think with red fox fur - didn't know they had another version that's more low-key called the MGL.

This looks great and it even goes on sale? Very nice.
I got it in black, it's amazing. Love it, it's stealth, wearing to work every day into a professional environment, get nothing but positive comments. The fur is LIT!

They do have Stag Lake, gold series also looks like Stirling. Its $300 more expensive, I wouldnt be able to pull it off, too much gold plating, not in my taste.

For branding purposes, they call Stirling parka variation different names. Other than accent and fur color, they are the same thing.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2934 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
HenryC422053 wrote: Thanks for the https://duewest.ca/collections/40-off-mens-outerwear link. The 40% discount is pretty aggressive.
This works sitewide? Just checked - yup it does. WOW

Anyone confirm if it works for the Canada Goose products too? I'm assuming they do hence why everything is sold out lol

Just picked up the navy stirling (a core color) that never goes on sale anywhere that i've seen loll

Thanks man!

I wonder when this code went live - I've seen the winter sale on for a while but it was only on select products, never seen a sitewide code before.
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2010
813 posts
717 upvotes
Ticco wrote: This works sitewide? Just checked - yup it does. WOW

Anyone confirm if it works for the Canada Goose products too? I'm assuming they do hence why everything is sold out lol

Just picked up the navy stirling (a core color) that never goes on sale anywhere that i've seen loll

Thanks man!

I wonder when this code went live - I've seen the winter sale on for a while but it was only on select products, never seen a sitewide code before.
It's not sitewide.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2934 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Ambushes wrote: It's not sitewide.
Do you happen to know if the winter sale that's on their website also the same as in their physical store?

Top