• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2019 2:43 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
211 posts
62 upvotes
mississauga

review parking ticket in mississauga

my friend got parking ticket in mississauga, more specific on parking spot of square one, when the ticket said parking on private property without permit. He wants to go court for review, arguing that he went square one shopping center for shopping,
Any experienc with the review process? if would he fail, do he have to pay penalty in addition to ticket fee?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1539 posts
145 upvotes
They don’t issue “Park on property without consent” tickets for nothing. My guess is your friend probably parked there and went off site, parked on hash marks or a space he was not suppose to be parked in.

I use to work at a Shopping Centre and we would see people park and go to the subway and issue tickets for this very reason. The person comes back 4-5 hours a later and picks up a coffee or does legitly make a purchase; however, the infraction has already taken place because they went off site.

Pay the ticket or book a meeting with the screening officer to explain your side of the story. There is no additional ticket fee to pay if you choose to fight the ticket (see screening officer). Unless you legitimately have a defense is it really worth taking time off for a $30 ticket?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5676 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
Same thing happened to me, i parked at square one parking and walked to the college beside it (my mistake i know). Got lucky that day they cancelled the ticket.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5362 posts
2438 upvotes
gulfstream
test9251 wrote: Same thing happened to me, i parked at square one parking and walked to the college beside it (my mistake i know). Got lucky that day they cancelled the ticket.
jeese... you were lucky that time..if you are going to park (illegally)..at least put in the time and effort to cover your ass..park in ug garage and walk a bit, maybe thru the mall and cover your intentions
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5676 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
cardguy wrote: jeese... you were lucky that time..if you are going to park (illegally)..at least put in the time and effort to cover your ass..park in ug garage and walk a bit, maybe thru the mall and cover your intentions
Thats what i thought after the whole incident lol
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16028 posts
4856 upvotes
London
There’s a huge thread about sq1 parking, particularly about the Tim Horton’s in the office tower on the south side of SQ1.

Some lots are reserved for the office buildings on the south side of sq1. If you park in one of those lots and *not* go into the office building, you’ll get ticketed. The lots appear to be part of SQ1 parking for shopping, but they aren’t
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5362 posts
2438 upvotes
gulfstream
l69norm wrote: There’s a huge thread about sq1 parking, particularly about the Tim Horton’s in the office tower on the south side of SQ1.

Some lots are reserved for the office buildings on the south side of sq1. If you park in one of those lots and *not* go into the office building, you’ll get ticketed. The lots appear to be part of SQ1 parking for shopping, but they aren’t
yes well aware of the parking there...all I am saying is use your head..go park in the Walmart UG parking, or the other side under the food court ...go in mall..buy a coffee or even just walk thru . but exit out another door...I doubt they would go to great lengths to discover you werent there...but to park close to the Uni, or the GO stop , exit your car and B-line the opposite way from the mall...well, you get what you deserve..
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5562 posts
2147 upvotes
Debtario
City ticket or private ticket?
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"