None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9831 posts
2968 upvotes
Ottawa

Reviews: Tansy Chinese Buffet and Green Papaya Fine Thai Cuisine in Ottawa

Just went out to the Tansy Chinese Buffet on Carling near Richmond earlier today and we went to the Green Papaya Thai Cuisine on Kent Street near Gladstone in downtown for Valentine's but I didn't have a chance to put in a reviews.

Will keep things short n' sweet

First is the buffet, we originally planned to go to Kristy's on Richmond near Woodroffe but the restaurant was empty when we passed by (prolly because of the weather) so we moved on.

I've been to this buffett several times before when it was under the name Dynasty Buffett (I actually know a few friends who worked there!) Those experience was rather forgettable but not this one tonight.

Pretty good experience overall, weather was really crappy but food was hot off the kitchen, decent selections and fair prices with good service. Can't ask for anything better than that. We are Asians so we know which buffett is good and which one is not. I can certainly vouch for this one folks. Prices including tax and tips for 2 people is $40.00, good for a Saturday night out! We will be back here again.

Now for the Thai place

No major beef either, except that the portions are somewhat small and prices are on the higher end but again it was Valentine's so it's all good. Nice decor, clean bathroom, good food (we had shrimp soup at first then grilled chicken breast and seafood plate) I am not sure if we"ll be back here simply because i would need to order 2 portions next time if i wanna feel full LOL but it's a good place to go out for a date or if you wanna try something different.

If any of you have been to these 2 places, please feel free to chime in!

Bon appetit!
[removed]
2 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9831 posts
2968 upvotes
Ottawa
Here are some items at the buffett place off the top of my head

The usual fares:

Chicken ball, fries, steamed rice, fried rice, shrimp sticks, general tsao chicken, mushrooms, sushi, egg rolls, lemon chicken, pork ribs, baked salmons, stir frys

Some other goodies include

Prime ribs, Vietnamese noodles, crab legs, crab with ginger

Desert include

Honeydew, cake, ice cream etc
[removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks!

I go around the city for my work and pass by that area quite often.

I'll have to stop in for lunch or dinner sometime.
I've seen this place many times.

When I was a kid it used to be a steak house that my dad would go to!
-that was like a million years ago...

I will post my own Ottawa reviews as well at out a few new places this week! :cheesygri
This user has no signature! :| :| :|