Revolution nutrition

25lb bulk whey protein concentrate $178

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2022 7:15 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6751 posts
2439 upvotes
recordman wrote: A rookie I see. I've must been through 100 5lb tubs. Some of the tubs were pretty nice. Saved about 10. I even use the tubs for storing bulk rice and oatmeal. lol

Calculate value base on cost per gram of protein.
Would be cool if someone created a site that calculated the actual protein content cost vs saying "isolate" and "concentrate". Sad people fall for this and get ripped off. Still very well could be cheaper but 67% is extremely low quality protein.
Dec 18, 2017
258 posts
185 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Would be cool if someone created a site that calculated the actual protein content cost vs saying "isolate" and "concentrate". Sad people fall for this and get ripped off. Still very well could be cheaper but 67% is extremely low quality protein.
For a lot of people it's not about isolate having slightly higher protein % but it being easier on the stomach. I bought concentrate recently due to all the price increases and I regret not sticking to isolate.

And yes, why won't they sell it unflavored?
Dec 3, 2018
513 posts
486 upvotes
Laval, QC
IMO, Rev is cheaper but MP tastes better. So if you like MP’s taste, don’t buy Rev.
I bought Rev like a month ago and didn’t like the taste. Now I can’t post fb and sell it due to their policies.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1616 posts
885 upvotes
IMO Rev vanilla is about 50% sweeter than the MP natural Vanilla and very similar to the muscle combat protein. 2 scoops of the Rev Vanilla in any shake and it'll tastes sweeter than a mcdonalds vanilla shake. Also REV protein does not mix well (it leaves clumps of powder even when using Vitamix blender) while I never had a problem with MP.
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Jun 23rd, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3315 posts
2750 upvotes
Markham
canuckavelli1 wrote: For a lot of people it's not about isolate having slightly higher protein % but it being easier on the stomach. I bought concentrate recently due to all the price increases and I regret not sticking to isolate.

And yes, why won't they sell it unflavored?
Pretty much this. I can tolerate concentrate but sometimes get a little gassy depending what else I’ve had during the day. It’s been a while since I’ve had isolate so I don’t recall this being an issue but I’m managing ok with the concentrate otherwise.

Along with not selling unflavoured, I wish there was no sucralose either, which also doesn’t help the gut. At least there’s no maltodextrin that I saw.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1751 posts
2919 upvotes
baz5 wrote: You didn't do the math, you got suckered by a shady company. Revolution "isolate" is 83%, that's basically concentrate. MyProtein is 88%. I'm not ordering from MP either with their all the sudden ridiculous prices, but will not order from Revolution. I gave them a try and you can tell it's low quality.
Where do you order from now?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1337 posts
278 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: Where do you order from now?
+1 to this. I put a scoop or two (30-40grams) into my shake in the mornings I work out. I don't care for flavor, and Stevia leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Looking for quality and am ok paying a little more. I go through about 5 lbs every 2 months, so not a fast consumer.
Feb 20, 2017
102 posts
81 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
baz5 wrote: You didn't do the math, you got suckered by a shady company. Revolution "isolate" is 83%, that's basically concentrate. MyProtein is 88%. I'm not ordering from MP either with their all the sudden ridiculous prices, but will not order from Revolution. I gave them a try and you can tell it's low quality.
what other option do we have?
Dec 18, 2017
258 posts
185 upvotes
Trigger wrote: +1 to this. I put a scoop or two (30-40grams) into my shake in the mornings I work out. I don't care for flavor, and Stevia leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Looking for quality and am ok paying a little more. I go through about 5 lbs every 2 months, so not a fast consumer.
amodmallya wrote: what other option do we have?
Canadian protein costs a bit more but is much better IMO
Apr 28, 2004
749 posts
78 upvotes
Brantford
Revolution mixability (for chocolate isolate bulk) is terrible. The flavouring is overly sweet for my tastes. The price is good though so they get my money (vs. myprotein or Canadian Protein).
Feb 16, 2022
15 posts
14 upvotes
have you tried kaha nutrition , simple ingredients , but pricey? I am noob to protein.
Trigger wrote: +1 to this. I put a scoop or two (30-40grams) into my shake in the mornings I work out. I don't care for flavor, and Stevia leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Looking for quality and am ok paying a little more. I go through about 5 lbs every 2 months, so not a fast consumer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6751 posts
2439 upvotes
amodmallya wrote: what other option do we have?
Not many unfortunately. I ordered revolution but quality is so low I might suck it up for something better. MP had a decent sale a couple weeks ago. I have about 20 lbs so good for a while. Hopefully prices come back down a bit.
Aug 15, 2018
64 posts
224 upvotes
Thanks for the deal, ended up buying 2x6lbs isolate shipped for $145. Not an amazing deal, but seemingly inexpensive when compared to other options.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1014 posts
981 upvotes
Norilsk
LikeSpeed wrote: Are they jacking up their prices again? I remember their 25lb going for $100 a while back, ....
If I recall. ... The November stacking deal was an outlier. best deal for pretty much anything on Revolution nutrition esp bulk concentrate or isolate. If you go to that thread you can see some people were saying "I will wait till Black Friday or boxing day for a better deal" never happened.

They actually even ended up cancelling some of the orders I think. Those of us who pulled trigger at 1am were lucky and got the order thru! All this to say. Will never see $105 for 25lbs again. As it wasn't supposed to be possible except for the stacking error.

OP this isn't the cheapest in last 6 months.

That said. I need some proteins (agree with everyone that Myprotein garbage causes gut problems.) And you gave me enough to work with. Let me fix this deal for you!!!

Pulled the trigger on:

Whey protein concentrate 25lbs
Free gift: carnitine cooler
Free gift hero mini angry blue yeti (RNNICOLE)
Or RNMARTINA)
Free Gift: RN shaker Clear (SHAKER)

Welcome5 for 5% off

This brings order down to $199.40 which is too low for the $200 cyber deal

Add to cart: Hero Mini Angry Yeti Blue Lemonade $7.99

Add code CYBER - 15% off (if over $200)

Add $5 fit coin

Free shipping on orders over $99

Total price: $174 + HST for 25lbs, a mini hero, 3 free gifts and free shipping.

Good enough
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1501 posts
979 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Bought some with one free gift(TNT 30 serving) on May 27 for $157.50 plus Tax = $181.12

i forgot the 5% welcome :-(

Yes its sweet, too bad they dont have unflavored.
Images
  • Screenshot_20220623-185716~2.png
  • 20220614_203259.jpg
  • 20220614_203759.jpg
  • 20220614_203425.jpg
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
May 18, 2009
465 posts
413 upvotes
Richmond
If you take advantage of the BOGO on the ISO WHEY, you can get about 24lbs in 4 different flavours with all the free gifts + codes for $238 + Tax. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me for ISO (lactose sensitive).

Wasn't too adventurous on the flavours though, just went with 2x vanilla cake and 2x chocolate cake. From what I can see, these should taste slightly better than the bulk counterparts.

Seems like a good enough deal for me, thanks OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)