Hot Deals

[Revolution Nutrition] Bulk Collagen/Whey Protein Isolate - 25lbs for $112.5 -

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 8:29 am
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2008
516 posts
246 upvotes
I'll just pull the trigger on it. Protein powder is protein powder will just power through 10lbs even if I don't like it.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2299 posts
554 upvotes
afterburn999 wrote: Anyone try the collagen before? Been looking to try it but it doesn't say what type of collagen.

First time buying from this site, is chocolate the overall favorite flavor? That Banana Chocolate Cream pie actually sounds pretty good.
they list the ingredients. Ignore the word premium.

Ingredients:
Premium hydrolyzed bovine collagen, Tapioca, Cocoa, Guar Gum, Sucralose.

Bovine so Type 1 and 3. There isn't much evidence that collagen supplementation does much, and the studies that exist are pretty weak. At worst, though, its an amino supplement. I've bought it before but didn't notice anything particularly good about supplementing collagen.
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2008
516 posts
246 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: they list the ingredients. Ignore the word premium.

Ingredients:
Premium hydrolyzed bovine collagen, Tapioca, Cocoa, Guar Gum, Sucralose.

Bovine so Type 1 and 3. There isn't much evidence that collagen supplementation does much, and the studies that exist are pretty weak. At worst, though, its an amino supplement. I've bought it before but didn't notice anything particularly good about supplementing collagen.
Kind of just going out on a whim on the collagen, lost a lot of weight this past year. Hoping this could help with the skin.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2299 posts
554 upvotes
afterburn999 wrote: Kind of just going out on a whim on the collagen, lost a lot of weight this past year. Hoping this could help with the skin.
There are some studies to suggest that people felt their skin improved but they're small and not overly convincing as they tested not just collagen but a collagen vitamin mix. As I said before, worst case scenario its just an amino supplement.
Newbie
Apr 22, 2019
45 posts
27 upvotes
afterburn999 wrote: Anyone try the collagen before? Been looking to try it but it doesn't say what type of collagen.

First time buying from this site, is chocolate the overall favorite flavor? That Banana Chocolate Cream pie actually sounds pretty good.
I've tried collagen and I can't say the effects of consuming collagen supplements are obvious. But I can say the scientific literature say that as we age, we produce less and less collagen. Thus supplementation should help make up for the deficit. Also consuming collagen supplementation doesn't decrease natural production. The type of collagen will affects where it has it's effects, so bovine collagen (type 1 and 3) are good for skin, joints, bones, wound repair, etc. Also there's A LOT of studies that show collagen supplementation is good for skin health, joint pains, healing, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2441 posts
466 upvotes
Protein per gram is 84.8% compared to 88% for isolate from myprotein, due to the higher fat in Revolution.

Crazy cheap though!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1704 posts
2549 upvotes
Odd that their isolate contains "Digestive enzymes (proteases, bromelain, lactase)". Those are usually just in concentrates to help with lactose intolerance, gas, and bloating. The protein percentage is pretty low for an isolate and is only a bit above a normal concentrate. Concentrates usually hover around 80% and isolates around 90%.

*edit* Wow, their protein concentrate percentage is way lower than average. 25g per 37g scoop. That's only 67.5%, and they say it's a concentrate/isolate blend. I find that hard to believe...

I think their isolate is a blend, and their concentrate is garbage.
Last edited by Caerus on Sep 4th, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 18, 2006
709 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried the vegan protein? Seems like a great price.
Newbie
Mar 11, 2017
13 posts
15 upvotes
I usually get my protein from myprotein but, I'm going to try out the concentrate from here. Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3398 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
How long is the shelf life on this? I alrewdy have 11 lbs bag from true protein.
====================================
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1704 posts
2549 upvotes
antime1 wrote: Anyone tried the vegan protein? Seems like a great price.
Look at the ingredient profile. It's literally just 2 types of pea protein. That's not a good blend and won't give you a good amino acid profile.

Good price, bad product. To me, everything they're selling seems substandard.
Newbie
Oct 5, 2010
20 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
PavenD wrote: is the sale done?
Looks like it.. wish I acted quicker.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 16, 2011
710 posts
152 upvotes
Got a 25lb'er before the deal ended, thanks OP! Their isolate looks just as good/better in some wheys than the Costco's highly regarded Kaizen iso.

Top