[Revolution Nutrition] Bulk Collagen/Whey Protein Isolate - 25lbs for $112.5 -

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 8:29 am
Deal Addict
May 12, 2005
1253 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
Finally the tracking info is updated as well.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile
Jun 2, 2011
400 posts
393 upvotes
Ilikedealshard wrote: Anyone find a powder without sucralose?
Good price for the collagen. I'd be curious as to how much is actually in each serving. (Instead of buying pure and supplimenting into whey)
Kaizen
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3447 posts
1738 upvotes
Waterloo
Quick question. For those looking to bulk up, let's say you already eat enough protein with your diet (1 gram of protein per lb of body weight), is there any benefit at all in adding whey protein shakes?
Apr 24, 2013
505 posts
289 upvotes
Crna Gora
crystallight wrote: Quick question. For those looking to bulk up, let's say you already eat enough protein with your diet (1 gram of protein per lb of body weight), is there any benefit at all in adding whey protein shakes?
There isn't. The only reason for having whey protein is so that you can supplement your daily protein intake without having to eat that protein through food.
In your case since you are bulking, you want to eat more so it would be better to have that proteinn through food.
If cutting though, more food is not better so ppl want to supplement the protein with shakes
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4201 posts
1094 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Quick question. For those looking to bulk up, let's say you already eat enough protein with your diet (1 gram of protein per lb of body weight), is there any benefit at all in adding whey protein shakes?
Shakes are not needed if you're getting your complete protein elsewhere. People had been bulking up before shakes were invented.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14704 posts
2706 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
nimfomanijak wrote: There isn't. The only reason for having whey protein is so that you can supplement your daily protein intake without having to eat that protein through food.
In your case since you are bulking, you want to eat more so it would be better to have that proteinn through food.
If cutting though, more food is not better so ppl want to supplement the protein with shakes
Exactly or if you do regular running, you may want to add more protein into your daily, so you aren't killing off your gains (to not have skinny runner body vs atheletic)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6922 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
newt_101 wrote: Tracking updated overnight to show a 9/16 delivery date
Arrived today - tastes good.
Jul 21, 2008
516 posts
246 upvotes
Got mine today 10Lbs of Chocolate. Taste pretty good and the expiry is 04/2023 so ample time to finish it.
Feb 24, 2009
444 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
I ordered 15lbs of High Whey Vanilla on Sept 4th and received the package today. They sent me a 6lbs tub instead. Wrong! Ugh! Confused Face

I emailed them, will see how they correct this mishap.
Mar 1, 2012
918 posts
650 upvotes
For those who have this. Care to compare the texture, mixability in water and milk, as well as the taste, compared to Kaizen/MyProtein/Canadian Protein/AllMax?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1704 posts
2549 upvotes
I don't know why this brand is getting such praise. Look at the ingredient profiles, it's low end at best...

Revolution Nutrition Isolate - 84.8% (Most isolates are ~90%)
Revolution Nutrition Concentrate - 67.5% (Most concentrates are ~80%)

The price is low because the quality is low. The isolate is nowhere near where it should be, and the concentrate (advertised as a concentrate/isolate blend which is BS) is a joke. No blend with BOTH concentrate and isolate should ever be below a normal concentrate, let alone that far below average.

It's probably full of fillers and sweeteners so it tastes good. If the only thing you care about is flavour, then whatever I guess. Go for it.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1222 posts
413 upvotes
Caerus wrote: I don't know why this brand is getting such praise. Look at the ingredient profiles, it's low end at best...

Revolution Nutrition Isolate - 84.8% (Most isolates are ~90%)
Revolution Nutrition Concentrate - 67.5% (Most concentrates are ~80%)

The price is low because the quality is low. The isolate is nowhere near where it should be, and the concentrate (advertised as a concentrate/isolate blend which is BS) is a joke. No blend with BOTH concentrate and isolate should ever be below a normal concentrate, let alone that far below average.

It's probably full of fillers and sweeteners so it tastes good. If the only thing you care about is flavour, then whatever I guess. Go for it.
yep, 37g scoops for 25g protein on the concentrate blend, yikes. I'd stick with MyProtein when you can stack coupons on top of promos and what not.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1704 posts
2549 upvotes
saladtoss wrote: yep, 37g scoops for 25g protein on the concentrate blend, yikes. I'd stick with MyProtein when you can stack coupons on top of promos and what not.
I'm not really a fan of myprotein either. But that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of their whey. I haven't ordered from them in a long time since their shady business tactics really went all out. Raising regular prices to stupid high amounts, then giving a 50% off "sale" like every other day... Basically bringing the "sale" price down to still more expensive than what their regular prices used to be. I can't be bothered to put up with that.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1222 posts
413 upvotes
Caerus wrote: I'm not really a fan of myprotein either. But that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of their whey. I haven't ordered from them in a long time since their shady business tactics really went all out. Raising regular prices to stupid high amounts, then giving a 50% off "sale" like every other day... Basically bringing the "sale" price down to still more expensive than what their regular prices used to be. I can't be bothered to put up with that.
Yeah agreed on the shitty marketing stuff, but in the past there were times where you can score myprotein isolate for $5/lb or something stupid.
Mar 23, 2017
378 posts
254 upvotes
Canada
Anyone knows how their vegan one tastes like? Or any other suggestion from any other brand?. I have food sensitivities going on due to inflammation and I can't consume dairy. So vegan is the way to go.