Expired Hot Deals

[Revolution Nutrition] High Whey Protein Formula - BOGO (approx $30/2.7Kg)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2020 2:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1244 posts
2616 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

High Whey Protein Formula - BOGO (approx $30/2.7Kg)

Deal Link:
Price:
$26.99
Savings:
BOGO
Expiry:
April 28, 2020
Retailer:
Revolution Nutrition
Revolution Nutrition is having numerous Whey products on sale at the moment with plenty of flavours to choose from. Costco sells some of these flavours in Iso-Whey format and they taste WAY better than the stuff from Kaizen brand.

Some examples :
High Whey Protein Formula - BOGO (approx $30/2.7Kg)
Pure Whey Protein Formula: - $35.99/1.8Kg

Need to buy $99 worth to get free shipping.

========================================================
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.52.50.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.53.22.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.52.06.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 11.59.46.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 12.00.07.png
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
12 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4007 posts
1832 upvotes
BC
Repost? Also check the dating on this product.

EDIT: where did that other thread about this company go where everyone was freaking out about them shipping out 25lbs of almost expired protein?
Last edited by Feegus on Apr 21st, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2005
573 posts
204 upvotes
They are charging both PST and GST - so 15% and then there is shipping. So $81 total to GTA
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Yeah I've posted already, I won't be dealing with them. They sold me 25lbs of protein that I've received on April 20, 2020 expiring 2020/04 hence expiring 11 days after purchase. They claim it's a mislabeling issue but man who knows what's the truth...also sent them an email requesting a return/refund and have yet to hear from anyone in sales (3 days and counting).

They've lost my trust.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4007 posts
1832 upvotes
BC
TurboTronix wrote: Yeah I've posted already, I won't be dealing with them. They sold me 25lbs of protein that I've received on April 20, 2020 expiring 2020/04 hence expiring 11 days after purchase. They claim it's a mislabeling issue but man who knows what's the truth...also sent them an email requesting a return/refund and have yet to hear from anyone in sales (3 days and counting).

They've lost my trust.
I can't find that thread. Did mods delete it?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
It was moved to expired deals...I accidently added an expiry date on there.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4007 posts
1832 upvotes
BC
anatman wrote: Yeah, as others have mentioned avoid Revolution Nutrition. Basically they're dumping expired/expiring stock, misleading people who asked about expiry dates before ordering, and apparently counting on Covid-19 concerns to keep people from returning the short dated product en masse (see old thread). This 40%-off sale has been extended every time it has expired, so it seems more of a perma-sale until they clear expiring inventory.

Honestly, with milk producers around the world dumping milk, you can probably expect better whey deals on non-expired stock in the near future from much more reputable companies.
Did you see the last few posts in the other thread? They actually sent out a new label with better dating for the customer to put on the bag himself!
I've never heard of such shenanigans. Apparently it was just the warehouse guy and he didn't even know for sure what the issue was. I'd never buy from these guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
They just called me back apologizing for all the headache this has caused. They'll replace my protein and claim the old one was perfectly safe since it was mislabelled but since me and my wife can't trust it they'll replace it at no extra cost. Till now as I've mentioned all the products I've got from them (every single one) was shipped with a 3 years from purchase expiry date. If only they would have invested in a quality assurance (QA) this would have never occurred.

No matter what, I will still claim their product is the best tasting protein with the best consistency I've ever tasted. It's just sux all this had to happen...
Jul 15, 2009
505 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote: Did you see the last few posts in the other thread? They actually sent out a new label with better dating for the customer to put on the bag himself!
I've never heard of such shenanigans. Apparently it was just the warehouse guy and he didn't even know for sure what the issue was. I'd never buy from these guys.
That is so utterly absurd. The idea that product can be separated from its label makes a mockery of basic quality control and lot numbering.

lol. So they really expect us to believe that a box and label which are quite evidently old (from scuff marks and wearing) just happened to have the exact same lot # as a fresh batch?

EDIT: They've contacted me and seem to be making a true effort to set things right. I'll provide an update and re-review.
Last edited by anatman on Apr 25th, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Looks like it was an expiry date issue and that the actual product was a new batch after all. All the products I've bought from them thus far had an expiry date of 3 years from date of purchase so it was strange they would low blow us like that...anyhow I hope they've learned from their mistake and will double check their labels from now on. As for me and my wife, we both agree that this company has the best protein flavors and consistency (we use protein shaker bottles with a ball to mix). Also, they don't use soy ingredients like other companies do. After drinking it we never feel bloated.

Both protein labels that were sold to us and the explaination below:
  1. https://i.imgur.com/ChFxuo3.png
  2. https://imgur.com/a/EuFBNuR

It took them a while to reply but here is their last email:

I apologize for the delay in responding to your emails you sent me both to orders@revolution-nutrition.com and to info@revolution-nutrition.com concerning the mislabeled unit of Whey Protein Isolate 25lbs Vanilla.

Even though I do my best to respond to all customer emails I received as quickly as possible, I have been - and we have been as a company - experiencing higher delays than usual, due to the current worldwide situation, causing us to receive 10x more orders through our website than before.

I am aware that my colleague Frédérick (whom I’ve cc’d to this email) helped you this morning, as he has cc’d me on the email he sent you earlier today.

To reassure you that your unit of Whey Protein Isolate 25lbs Vanilla really expires in 2023/04, I can explain you how our lot number system work.

If you look at the lot number that was written on the label of the unit you’ve received, you’ll see that it’s 2010021 (I’ve attached the picture you had sent me of your product):

- ‘’20’’ is for the year in which it was produced, which is 2020
- ‘’100’’ is for the day of the year on which it was produced, which is in April
- ‘’21’’ is used to represent flavour depending on the product; it is only used internally in our company

It’s the same for all of our products.

If you look at the other products you own which had an expiry date of 2023/03, it simply means that they were produced in March of 2020, and that they expiry 3 years later in March of 2023.

And if you look at the lot number of these products, you’ll see that it also starts with ‘’20…’’, and that the other 3 number that follow represent the day of the year, which should be in March.

Hoping this will reassure you.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Now I don't know how other companies seal their bulk products but this came in a bag sealed well with a tie-wrap, inside another bag, inside a cardboard-box. I'll most probably move this to some airtight containers to maximize the longevity.
Jul 15, 2009
505 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
UPDATE:

A representative from the company actually reached out and called me to apologize and they've sent a replacement 25lb box free of charge (which is far more than I expected). I don't think I've ever had a company go the extra mile and actually call to personally apologize, so I'm quite impressed with their customer service.
  • They say the expiry date was misprinted and a mistake. The lot numbering they suggest makes sense. Maybe @TurboTronix could check a previous product he's bought from them to see if the lot numbering/expiry date are consistent with what they are saying.
  • When the new product arrives (Monday?) I'll compare the powders (signs of degradation due to long term storage should be pretty obvious--differences in colour/taste/smell, differences in physical powder consistency (signs of crystallization/clumping/separation))
  • Given how they've handled the situation, I'm a lot more inclined to believe they sincerely care about their reputation and aren't a fly-by-night operation looking to nickle-and-dime their customers
Don't get me wrong. Selling product with the wrong expiry date is bad (and doesn't inspire confidence in quality control), but it's not unscrupulously dumping expiring product on unsuspecting customers bad.

For people that typically buy Costco Kaizen isolate on sale at $38-39 for 2kg or MyProtein isolate at ~$70+shipping for 11lb, this deal for 25lbs bulk whey isolate @ ~$26 (per 2kg equivalent)/~$66 (per 11lb with shipping included) is pretty phenomenal. All of these isolates are basically nutritionally identical, but the Kaizen and MyProtein mix much better because of the presence of lecithin--a deficiency that can be remedied by purchasing a $10 shaker bottle with a shaker ball. Revolution-Nutrition tastes much better than Kaizen and probably on par with MyProtein (though MyProtein has much more variety). I haven't experienced any stomach discomfort (very limited sample size, though). Plus, they are a Canadian company which is a plus over MyProtein (UK based).

While I still think that lower priced whey is likely on the horizon, this deal is certainly your best bet if you need protein now or are looking for some protein to hold you over until the hopefully lower prices of your usual brands hit. You'll need to be careful about storage though, with such large quantities. As suggested by @TurboTronix getting some airtight containers would be your best bet.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Their lot number from my pure whey isolate is 2007901 and expiry date is 2023/03: https://imgur.com/caE44d6

As per their email:
20 = 2020
079 = March 19, 2020 (Thu)
01 = flavor (in this case vanilla)

So makes full sense...