290 posts
204 upvotes
Gatineau

Protein PURE ISOLATE 2KG (38.99$) w/ free ship

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
revolution-nutrition
On sale for same price as Costco Kaizen when on sale + Free shipping w/ code FREESHIP

Other products also discounted

PURE ISOLATE™
$64.99 CAD $38.99 CAD

35 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER SCOOP
> 100% NATURAL FORMULA
> NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS, FLAVOURS OR DYES
> NO HORMONES OR ANTIBIOTICS

Extension of this thread form last week, where i bought 2kg for $39 but paid $12 for shipping

revolution-nutrition-protein-pure-isola ... 9-2368133/
TurboTronix wrote: This is cheaper (or same price when it's on sale) than Costco's Kaizen protein. It's the best tasting protein I've tasted thus far. Expiry date is usually 3 years from purchase so you can buy several to get the free shipping (min orders of 99$ to get free shipping).

As most pointed out, the bulk protein is a better deal if you wish to go that route. 25lbs for 175.99$ = $30.98 for 2KG. So in comparison, 25lbs / 2kg(4.4lbs) = 5.7 so 38.49$ X 5.7 = 219.39$ vs the bulk 175.99$ a diff of 43.40$, basically it's like getting 1 free 2KG pack.

Edit: 25lbs now at $149.99

This is a Canadian based company, they sell some products on Costco once in a while.
48 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1003 posts
355 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks OP! Was just looking for a protein deal as I'm running low.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6472 posts
2346 upvotes
Montreal
Been using their TNT Blast preworkout, stellar formula and the taste is awesome.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5976 posts
1856 upvotes
Thornhill
it's only 83%! There are non isolates out there as high as 87%

@$150/25lb the price is good, but there are companies that have much higher concentration isolates. It's not the highest concentration. Not the lowest I've seen,but as a lactose intolerant, who buys isolates due to necessity, I have to buy higher concentration as in my assumption they have less lactose

Link to 25lb
https://www.revolution-nutrition.com/pr ... n-isolate/
Last edited by dazz on Apr 27th, 2020 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
I can confirm they were not expired. Was a date error.
baz5 wrote: Keep in mind this deal was posted a couple weeks ago and the 25lbers were already expired. Not sure about the 2kg ones.
And yeah 83% is ridiculous.
Jul 15, 2009
453 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
dazz wrote: it's only 83%! There are non isolates out there as high as 87%

@$150/25lb the price is good, but there are companies that have much higher concentration isolates. It's not the highest concentration. Not the lowest I've seen,but as a lactose intolerant, who buys isolates due to necessity, I have to buy higher concentration as in my assumption they have less lactose
Most of those differences in concentration are almost certainly due to rounding errors on nutritional labels due to scoop size differences. Protein above 0.5g has to be rounded to the nearest 1g in Canada.

For example, if you take the typical Costco Kaizen:

42g scoop = 35g protein / 42 g = 83%
33g scoop = 28g (rounded up from 27.5) / 33g = 85%

Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is global commodity and adheres to strict global standards (it must contain >=90% protein to be called Whey Protein Isolate--anything below 90% has to be labeled as a concentrate). The manufacturers we buy from (Kaizen, MyProtein, Revolution-Nutrition) buy this WPI or concentrate from huge multinational companies (whey goes into many more food products than just protein supplements) and mix it with emulsifers/stabilizers, flavouring, colouring, and put in a box/bag and sell it to us (this added stuff is what drops the protein percentage from 90%+ to what we get). So as long as the product is made from WPI and not concentrate or "blend" (i.e. a mixture of isolate and concentrate) you don't really need to worry about lactose.

The biggest real difference between protein powders is probably between those that use grass-fed (hormone free) cows and those that don't. Our milk supply relies on cows that are fed corn meal with tons of growth hormones mixed into the meal to keep them producing gargantuan quantities of milk. This milk is in turn full of hormones. Cows that are grass fed, on the other hand, don't get fed these hormones and produce much less milk (making it much more expensive).

Grass Fed (no-hormones) WHEY ISOLATE
Kaizen Naturals (NOT the Costco one!) - $39.99 for 850g (i.e. $94/2kg equivalent)
Revolution-Nutrition PURE Whey Isolate - SALE $35.99 for 4 lbs (i.e. $39.59/2kg equivalent)

Regular Milk WHEY ISOLATE (contains hormones)
Kaizen (Costco) - WHEN ON SALE $38-39 for 2kg
MyProtein - WHEN ON SALE $75 for 11lbs (i.e. $30 for 2kg + shipping)
Revolution-Nutrition BULK Whey Isolate- SALE $149.99 for 25lbs (i.e. $26.40 for 2kg)

Personally, I don't think the grass-fed whey isolate is worth the premium. The hormones I'm most concerned about are fat soluble ones like estrogen, and the whey isolate has virtually no fat. So I'm getting much more of the hormone from milk/cheese/yogurt than I'd get from the whey anyway. Other water soluble hormones that do fractionate with the protein get chopped up by proteases so they aren't biologically active and don't need to be worried about (that's why the proteases are included in the ingredients of whey protein powders we buy). I can definitely understand why people would prefer the grass-fed, but it's not a huge deal for me. Either way, buying from Revolution-Nutrition--bulk whey isolate or Pure whey isolate--seems to be the way to go.
Feb 17, 2005
826 posts
212 upvotes
Taste aside, is the general consensus that this is more or less then same as Kaizen protein? Or is Kaizen a bit better because there are no traces of soy?
Jul 15, 2009
453 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
porkchopbread wrote: Taste aside, is the general consensus that this is more or less then same as Kaizen protein? Or is Kaizen a bit better because there are no traces of soy?
The Costco Kaizen definitely has soy (I'm looking at the label right now). The lecithin used as an emulsifier for the Kaizen is from soy.

The Revolution-Nutrition doesn't have any lecithin and (consequently) no soy. But that means it mixes like shit. So you definitely need a shaker bottle w/ a shaker ball to mix it easily.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5976 posts
1856 upvotes
Thornhill
anatman wrote: Most of those differences in concentration are almost certainly due to rounding errors on nutritional labels due to scoop size differences. Protein above 0.5g has to be rounded to the nearest 1g in Canada.

For example, if you take the typical Costco Kaizen:

42g scoop = 35g protein / 42 g = 83%
33g scoop = 28g (rounded up from 27.5) / 33g = 85%

Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is global commodity and adheres to strict global standards (it must contain >=90% protein to be called Whey Protein Isolate--anything below 90% has to be labeled as a concentrate). The manufacturers we buy from (Kaizen, MyProtein, Revolution-Nutrition) buy this WPI or concentrate from huge multinational companies (whey goes into many more food products than just protein supplements) and mix it with emulsifers/stabilizers, flavouring, colouring, and put in a box/bag and sell it to us (this added stuff is what drops the protein percentage from 90%+ to what we get). So as long as the product is made from WPI and not concentrate or "blend" (i.e. a mixture of isolate and concentrate) you don't really need to worry about lactose.

The biggest real difference between protein powders is probably between those that use grass-fed (hormone free) cows and those that don't. Our milk supply relies on cows that are fed corn meal with tons of growth hormones mixed into the meal to keep them producing gargantuan quantities of milk. This milk is in turn full of hormones. Cows that are grass fed, on the other hand, don't get fed these hormones and produce much less milk (making it much more expensive).

Grass Fed (no-hormones) WHEY ISOLATE
Kaizen Naturals (NOT the Costco one!) - $39.99 for 850g (i.e. $94/2kg equivalent)
Revolution-Nutrition PURE Whey Isolate - SALE $35.99 for 4 lbs (i.e. $39.59/2kg equivalent)

Regular Milk WHEY ISOLATE (contains hormones)
Kaizen (Costco) - WHEN ON SALE $38-39 for 2kg
MyProtein - WHEN ON SALE $75 for 11lbs (i.e. $30 for 2kg + shipping)
Revolution-Nutrition BULK Whey Isolate- SALE $149.99 for 25lbs (i.e. $26.40 for 2kg)

Personally, I don't think the grass-fed whey isolate is worth the premium. The hormones I'm most concerned about are fat soluble ones like estrogen, and the whey isolate has virtually no fat. So I'm getting much more of the hormone from milk/cheese/yogurt than I'd get from the whey anyway. Other water soluble hormones that do fractionate with the protein get chopped up by proteases so they aren't biologically active and don't need to be worried about (that's why the proteases are included in the ingredients of whey protein powders we buy). I can definitely understand why people would prefer the grass-fed, but it's not a huge deal for me. Either way, buying from Revolution-Nutrition--bulk whey isolate or Pure whey isolate--seems to be the way to go.
There's no such thing as grass fed cows... As in, they are still being fed other stuff. That's the biggest lies most people don't realize. As someone who grew up on a farm, this is obvious for me. Though you can research to find the same data. I don't discount that those cows are getting the "other stuff" along with grass, which is better than no grass though. Any claims of grass fed must come with proper certification to ensure cows were grass fed their entire lives and not just months prior to going to a butcher shop... or at some point or in small negligible amounts,etc. There are 100s of scams going around the word "organic" as it doesn't mean much these days. Certifications come at a $$$ cost which is transferred to the consumer.

Yet, they very well may be fed hormones, antibiotics along with grains and other stuff I am just trying to point out that it's NEVER grass only.

All that aside, $150 for 25lb is a nice deal for this concentrate
Last edited by dazz on Apr 27th, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5976 posts
1856 upvotes
Thornhill
porkchopbread wrote: Taste aside, is the general consensus that this is more or less then same as Kaizen protein? Or is Kaizen a bit better because there are no traces of soy?
There' very little of it and a lot of manufacturers add it or they face consequences of complaints - as said previously it's to make it mix better. I rather it mix well than have to stand with a bottle for 3 minutes shaking; but that's a personal preference.
Aug 30, 2018
182 posts
126 upvotes
So with the BOGO deal plus FREESHIP:

6lbs x 2 = 12lbs of Whey "Isolate"
for $90 plus tax

So $45 for each 6lbs tub

That seems like a good deal to me, am I missing something?

Coming from the Kaizen deal at Costco where I only bought the one tub to test it and it worked well for me but it's not on sale now.
Jul 15, 2009
453 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
Dealshark3 wrote: So with the BOGO deal plus FRESSHIP:

for $90 plus tax

So $45 for each 6lbs tub

Coming from the Kaizen deal at Costco where i only bought the one tub to test it and it worked well for me but it's not on sale now.
Yup it's an excellent deal. Works out to about $33/2kg Kaizen tub equivalent. I'm pretty sure that the bulk whey isolate is the exact same protein powder as this (but in fewer flavours and with minimalist packaging--bagged in a box). Buying the 25 lbs bulk whey isolate at $149.99 brings the cost down to ~$26.40 per 2kg Kaizen tub equivalent. Storage of the bulk stuff might be a problem though.

This stuff tastes much better than the Kaizen, but mixes much worse. At this price point though, it's cheaper to buy this and get a proper shaker bottle with shaker ball to mix (I use this one).
Feb 17, 2005
826 posts
212 upvotes
Dealshark3 wrote: So with the BOGO deal plus FREESHIP:

for $90 plus tax

So $45 for each 6lbs tub

Coming from the Kaizen deal at Costco where I only bought the one tub to test it and it worked well for me but it's not on sale now.
The difference is the 100% pure whey isolate vs the whey isolate. The nutritional content is a bit different as are the ingredients. But if you look at the other thread, there’s some controversy about the claims about WPI90 because it (100% whey) had a 83% protein per gram ratio and the whey isolate
had 84%.

I feel like it’s more of a peace of mind really. Ultimately it’s not going to mean the difference of winning a competition or not.

Wouldn’t mind hearing what others think though.