Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
revolution-nutrition

Protein PURE ISOLATE 2KG (38.99$) w/ free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 9:00 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
damn they don't take paypal?

how does this whey compare to myprotein?
Jun 4, 2007
281 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
anatman wrote: For those that purchased the 25lbs, I found these 5-gal food grade buckets are the perfect size for storing this. Lids sold separately.
LanDyle123 wrote: Thanks OP, and also anatman, got myself a *&^% load of protein and a sweet pail!
Finally got my 25 lbs unflavoured isolate. I'm wondering if the bag will remain airtight if I twist it closed really well?
Note that PA answered that @anatman's pail is not food grade in the Q&A.
Here is a food grade one at CT.
And HD has an airtight lid with gasket that should fit the pail (both manufactured by E. Hofmann plastics).
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
immysiddy wrote: Finally got my 25 lbs unflavoured isolate. I'm wondering if the bag will remain airtight if I twist it closed really well?
Note that PA answered that @anatman's pail is not food grade in the Q&A.
I hadn't seen that. Anyway it doesn't matter. I left it in the original double bag and put the bag in the pail (just keep thumping the pail on the ground until the bag with powder slides in and settles).

Tying the bag won't seal the powder, but it might be enough if your storage environment is dry enough. My problem is that my house is kept at ~50% humidity. Over time the powder will act as a moisture sink, constantly pulling moisture from any opening. I didn't have a sealed air-tight lid (just a standard lid), so I've tied the bag and tossed in some desiccant packs into the pail (so the internal environment in the pail will be very dry). Works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT:

Just checked the manufacturer's specs sheet for the bucket. It is made in Canada (Alberta) and it is food grade. The Q&A are probably answered by PrincessAuto employees who don't necessarily know anything about the product. Besides, Canada Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) approval is pretty meaningless for something that is not food-grade.
Dec 20, 2017
68 posts
47 upvotes
Just got my bulk chocolate isolate today. WOW! Amazing taste! Waaaaay sweeter than Kaizen. Slightly harder to mix, but worth it IMO. I would still buy Kaizen on sale but given the price of the two, I'll take revolution anyday. Really looking forward to using this in some of Coach Greg's recipes.

I used a leftover Kaizen bottle to mitigate the need to stuff into the bucket. Worked out quite well.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I received the vanilla. On the plus side I don't react to it I'm happy it doesn't have soy or anything else I react too. OTOH I tried to mix it in water with a fork that doesn't work and the taste is not so good... But that is ok because it tastes great on ice cream. It sticks to my teeth like soft toffee but not bad for the teeth so I am enjoying it that way :)

I guess the next step for me would be to find a brand that uses sunflower (as opposed to soy) lecithin so that it mixes properly. Are there any GF/soy free alternatives with a reasonable price?
Apr 30, 2020
576 posts
527 upvotes
I don't have any issues whatsoever with the mixing, I use a bottle with a mixing ball. I workout 5 days a week so drink this frequently. I bought the bulk one, storing it in an airtight container. I split the powder into ziplocks, each is about 2KG which fits my previous protein container.
I love the flavor and the fact that there is no soy.

https://imgur.com/jR42Bb3
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
1072 posts
391 upvotes
PapaTroll wrote: I don't have any issues whatsoever with the mixing, I use a bottle with a mixing ball. I workout 5 days a week so drink this frequently. I bought the bulk one, storing it in an airtight container. I split the powder into ziplocks, each is about 2KG which fits my previous protein container.
I love the flavor and the fact that there is no soy.

https://imgur.com/jR42Bb3
I like how the container says protein. :)

If you didn’t and someone searched your house they’d think you have kilos of cocaine or something!
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
I cannot get the BOGO to be applied. I entered 2 units of the pure isolate 2kg and it does not discount the other unit. Am I missing something?

Nevermind, the BOGO is only on the full of crap SPlash thing. Not on the pure isolate
Apr 30, 2020
576 posts
527 upvotes
So tried both the bulk vanilla and the 2kg pure isolate vanilla. The bulk tastes pretty bad, not even close to the the pure isolate, one of the worst tasting powders. Not recommending the bulk but the pure isolate tastes really good though, best one yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)