Expired Hot Deals

[Rexall] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 6:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2174 posts
2950 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

[Rexall] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Retailer: Rexall
  • Gift Card(s) On Sale: Canadian Tire
  • Dates: May 26 to Jun 1
  • Deal: Get 10% Off The Purchase Of A Canadian Tire GC
  • Flyer Location: Top Right Side Flap On Page 7
  • Notes: Excludes Variable Load Cards Per Fine Print In Flyer, RFD Members Have Indicated Otherwise, YMMV On Loading Variable Cards
  • Tips: Ensure You Load A Variable Card With A Multiple Of $25 To Get Maximum Discount (Thanks @dpks and @MarvinMartian For The Tip)
Last edited by trystee on May 24th, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
119 replies
Oct 26, 2011
155 posts
63 upvotes
Someone will ask if I don't so...

Does Rexall store GC's behind the counter? Or is this same risk as the SDM gift card fraud?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4243 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
chreds wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:28 pm

Does Rexall store GC's behind the counter? Or is this same risk as the SDM gift card fraud?
At the locations I frequent, no.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'11 Rome 390 Boss Black
'08 K2 T1
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13630 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
chreds wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:28 pm

Same cards, same risk.
Flappy backs with exposed numbers means anyone can copy them, wait and steal the balance.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1238 posts
706 upvotes
Laval, QC
Actually today CTC had a get $20 gc on $100 purchase deal, pretty decent deal as well
Mar 13, 2017
142 posts
74 upvotes
I want to buy a bunch of these to use for gas. Are they accepted at the gas bar?

Also, is fraud really a big thing with gift cards? I really don't want to have my money go down the drain.
Jan 13, 2015
77 posts
33 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Karlmtl wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:40 pm
Actually today CTC had a get $20 gc on $100 purchase deal, pretty decent deal as well
Whats CTC and where was this deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1238 posts
706 upvotes
Laval, QC
zeeshee wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:03 pm
Whats CTC and where was this deal?
CTC = Canadian Tire
It's on their QC flyer, this offer is for today only
Oct 8, 2009
730 posts
217 upvotes
Kitchener
Yes you can use these at gas bar, thats mainly what I got them for.

I think the scammer would have to be very very patient. So they get the number off the cards. Then have to hope someone activates it. They can't check online if it's been activated as you need to scratch the card to reveal the pin. So what do they just carry around the numbers and the get a cashier to enter the numbers off a paper into till and hope card has been activated?

Since to use online you need the pin as well I thought.

So I guess when you buy cards make sure they have a non scratched pin?

Just trying to play out the scenario... If I have it wrong let me know.
Oct 26, 2011
155 posts
63 upvotes
Karlmtl wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:06 pm
CTC = Canadian Tire
It's on their QC flyer, this offer is for today only
That offer ($20 promo card) is in the AB flyer for tomorrow (Thursday).
Oct 26, 2011
155 posts
63 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:08 pm
Yes you can use these at gas bar, thats mainly what I got them for.

I think the scammer would have to be very very patient. So they get the number off the cards. Then have to hope someone activates it. They can't check online if it's been activated as you need to scratch the card to reveal the pin. So what do they just carry around the numbers and the get a cashier to enter the numbers off a paper into till and hope card has been activated?

Since to use online you need the pin as well I thought.

So I guess when you buy cards make sure they have a non scratched pin?

Just trying to play out the scenario... If I have it wrong let me know.
Magnetic stripe programming machines are pretty cheap to buy. Assuming they just use an existing CT card and reprogram it with a different number.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1238 posts
706 upvotes
Laval, QC
chreds wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:11 pm
That offer ($20 promo card) is in the AB flyer for tomorrow (Thursday).
my bad, it is for tomorrow (Thursday) on QC flyer as well, I thought today is Thursday...
Feb 27, 2011
168 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RoyDavisG wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:58 pm
I want to buy a bunch of these to use for gas. Are they accepted at the gas bar?

Also, is fraud really a big thing with gift cards? I really don't want to have my money go down the drain.
Yes it's a big thing. Especially with these cards. Happened to my brother and me. Very easy for fraudsters. Had to got through an investigation with Canadian tire, for what was really their own damn fault for having terribly designed gift cards. Good deal, but imo not even close to worth that hassle again.
Jul 6, 2016
51 posts
26 upvotes
Like I stated in the previous thread when this promo was going on, just ask an employee for cards in their back inventory that haven't been released to the public. So far I haven't had any problems *knock on wood*
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8302 posts
768 upvotes
chreds wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:14 pm
Magnetic stripe programming machines are pretty cheap to buy. Assuming they just use an existing CT card and reprogram it with a different number.
damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)