Expired Hot Deals

[Rexall] 10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4860 posts
818 upvotes
Peterborough
kiasu wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:33 pm
damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
Buy cards and spend right away if worried about it.

The scam factor of these cards is there, but way over-hyped imo.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5267 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
dutchca wrote:
May 25th, 2017 12:11 am
The scam factor of these cards is there, but way over-hyped imo.
Agreed. So far only 1 card out of 6 I've bought had an issue, but was resolved quickly with CTC. Was bought along with 3 other cards with no issues so odds are it was more the clerk forgot to activate than steal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8409 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Canadian Tire gift card 10% off, 5/26 -6/1/2017
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
1899 posts
417 upvotes
Edmonton
kiasu wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:33 pm
damn...I was thinking to get 10 x $50 GC to get the Clek Fllo which is on sale this coming week....
We get them all the time... $1k at times and mainly for fuel. In your case, definitely if you're buying the GC and then going to CT to purchase your Clerk Fllo right after......
Oct 24, 2008
671 posts
249 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was waiting for these to come back again. It will help me meet some min spends on my amex Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13708 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
My issue is Canadian Tire has written into their terms an "out" which says, we are responsible for nothing.

With the cards I've had scammed balances, the retailer had helped out and provided me a replacement card.
Canadian Tire doesn't have to do this because it's in their terms. So, if tomorrow they decide they don't want to help you out, they don't have to.

It's concerning and I wish the terms were not there.
M-e-X-x wrote:
May 25th, 2017 7:08 am
Agreed. So far only 1 card out of 6 I've bought had an issue, but was resolved quickly with CTC. Was bought along with 3 other cards with no issues so odds are it was more the clerk forgot to activate than steal.
It should be 0% lol 1 out of 6, wow.
Glad they helped you out, my concern is, if they change their minds, we have nothing to fall back on.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Oct 27, 2015
43 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have bought close to 100 of these cards over the years. And so far not one has been compromised. Fingers crossed!
Nov 27, 2016
40 posts
4 upvotes
I just bought my appliance in Canadian tire last week. Can I bring the box of the item back to store and make it as change of payment by using those gift card? It could save me a lot. Thanks.
May 8, 2002
672 posts
62 upvotes
Bought $3000 worth last time with credit card. No problems and cashback from credit card Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39323 posts
1421 upvotes
Richmond Hill
supermaster wrote:
May 25th, 2017 1:19 pm
I just bought my appliance in Canadian tire last week. Can I bring the box of the item back to store and make it as change of payment by using those gift card? It could save me a lot. Thanks.
Receipt only is required, no need to bring in the box.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4632 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
supermaster wrote:
May 25th, 2017 1:19 pm
Yeah just take in the recept and tell them you want to change the payment method, if they give you a hard time you can just say you forgot you had them or some other lame excuse.

Things to consider though if changing the payment method to a gift card,
if you ever have to return it, you only gt a refund card back which has a 1 year expiry
and if you have additional insurance from your credit card company, obviously those will no longer be eligible.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4780 posts
1171 upvotes
North York
keyser-soze wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:08 pm
Since to use online you need the pin as well I thought.
So I guess when you buy cards make sure they have a non scratched pin?
Canadian Tire gift cards contain no PIN. That's why it's easy for scammers.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4632 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary
WhatADeal! wrote:
May 25th, 2017 2:51 pm
Canadian Tire gift cards contain no PIN. That's why it's easy for scammers.
also mag stripe readers/writers are easy and cheap, that's why responsible retailers use the scratch code for all purchases.