Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rexall

10% Off Canadian Tire Gift Cards (May 26 to Jun 1)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 6:45 pm
Oct 24, 2005
629 posts
247 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: The CSR refunded directly on the GC all three times. Did not "Re-buy" a GC. Maybe that's the difference. Refunding cash, (when originally purchase was GC) would raise a redflag IMO. Even if they went though with it like that in your example, the GC is still limited to the face value. For example, you can't load 200$ on to a 100$ card, it would have to be put on 2 x 100$ cards.

Weren't you the OP asking whether you can buy something with the GC, and then refund it onto another GC? Why are you asking if you know "it depends" on the CSR. I went to three different location yielding the same results. Maybe I got lucky, but IMO that would be the norm. YMMV.
lol.... I remembered my small amount return after posting that question. But we are talking about several hundred(or even thousand) $$$ return here.
They grapped a GC from the shelf which has no face value at that time, so they can enter any $$$ amount into it. So this does not apply "you can't load 200$ on to a 100$ card."
Jul 10, 2003
28 posts
13 upvotes
Waterloo
MarvinMartian wrote: Bought $1000 worth on two variable-load cards, $500 each. Receipt shows the $2.50 deductions 20 times.
Just a note that the variable load cards are fine as long as you buy a multiple of $25 (a result of them implementing the discount as a $2.50 line item for every $25 spent). I learned the hard way that if you don't buy a multiple of $25 (I bought $180), the discount will be a little less than 10% because they'll only give you the discount in multiples of $2.50.
Mar 14, 2017
236 posts
191 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Good timing for this one. Needed a new set of tires. CT had 25% off Continental TrueContact (#1 rated in its category on TireRack). Was already a good deal, but went to Rexall first and bought $725 in gift cards. Saved an extra $72.50 by doing so. Regular price would've been $963.16 after tax for 4 tires. Paid $655.46 after tax. Saved just over $300!

Edited to add: I purchased variable load cards with no issues. Received the 10% discount, which showed on the receipt in $2.50 increments. Went directly from the Rexall to the CT and redeemed the cards immediately. No problems whatsoever.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Nov 21, 2003
143 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone have issues paying by credit card for the gift cards? I was told it's against company policy. Is that right?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
mistry? wrote: Anyone have issues paying by credit card for the gift cards? I was told it's against company policy. Is that right?
No, I haven't had a problem using a CC and getting cashback.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6499 posts
2544 upvotes
Calgary
mistry? wrote: Anyone have issues paying by credit card for the gift cards? I was told it's against company policy. Is that right?
nope it should be fine, maybe they wouldn't take prepaid, but a normal cc is fine, i do it all the time, in fact i bought over $500 worth in 2 transactions just on this promo.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11677 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
MarvinMartian wrote: Bought $1000 worth on two variable-load cards, $500 each. Receipt shows the $2.50 deductions 20 times.

Thinking about getting another $1000 worth as well. 10% off gas. :)
dpks wrote: Just a note that the variable load cards are fine as long as you buy a multiple of $25 (a result of them implementing the discount as a $2.50 line item for every $25 spent). I learned the hard way that if you don't buy a multiple of $25 (I bought $180), the discount will be a little less than 10% because they'll only give you the discount in multiples of $2.50.
Thanks for tip. I've added a section to the OP indicating the info above:

• Tips: Ensure You Load A Variable Card With A Multiple Of $25 To Get Maximum Discount (Thanks @dpks and @MarvinMartian For The Tip)
ValiantSpacemanSpiff wrote: Good timing for this one. Needed a new set of tires. CT had 25% off Continental TrueContact (#1 rated in its category on TireRack). Was already a good deal, but went to Rexall first and bought $725 in gift cards. Saved an extra $72.50 by doing so. Regular price would've been $963.16 after tax for 4 tires. Paid $655.46 after tax. Saved just over $300!

Edited to add: I purchased variable load cards with no issues. Received the 10% discount, which showed on the receipt in $2.50 increments. Went directly from the Rexall to the CT and redeemed the cards immediately. No problems whatsoever.
I was going to ask if you applied for a manufacturer's rebate for your tires per the tire rebate thread but noticed the current rebate for Continental TrueContacts, which ends May 31, excludes purchases from CT. :(

Anyone else thinking of getting tires from CT using the GC discount might want to check the aforementioned thread to see when the rebate is over (May 31?) and if you qualify.

On a side note, anyone care to post any items they know never ever go on sale at CT and using the CT GC discount gets you that item for a reduced cost? Just curious. :)
Jan 5, 2010
423 posts
302 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thx OP. Bought $300 bucks worth. Didn't have any prob last time I bought $500 worth.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1668 upvotes
B.C.
trystee wrote: That's an excellent question.

Has anyone tried PM'ing at RCSS / Walmart / London Drugs / etc?
I've tried to PM gift cards before and lots of places have systems that won't authorize the card if it's sold for less than face value.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11677 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
lennyandcarl wrote: I've tried to PM gift cards before and lots of places have systems that won't authorize the card if it's sold for less than face value.
Thanks for the info.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
DaVibe wrote: Do the Rexall receipts still have no information on them about the gift cards? They just say Cdn Tire, over and over again?
Bottom of the receipt has all the card #s (last 6 digits anyway)
Mar 14, 2017
236 posts
191 upvotes
Victoria, BC
trystee wrote: I was going to ask if you applied for a manufacturer's rebate for your tires per the tire rebate thread but noticed the current rebate for Continental TrueContacts, which ends May 31, excludes purchases from CT. :(
Yeah, I looked at the rebate form and saw that, but I can't complain because it's a solid deal even without the rebate. Happy to be able to stack the 25% sale with the 10% off gift card. A rebate on top of that... well that would just be greedy Winking Face
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11677 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Just a friendly reminder that the deal ends tonight and Father's Day is June 18. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5384 posts
3826 upvotes
Richmond Hill
these puppies (CT GC) go fast! Two of the three Rexall I visited today sold out, the other one had just re-stocked this morning.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2963 posts
1976 upvotes
Edmonton
RolandCouch wrote: Bottom of the receipt has all the card #s (last 6 digits anyway)
Confirmed we bought 8x$50 gc's and each card is shown on the receipt with each of the cards last 6 digits plus the authorization number for each card.......
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1785 posts
2621 upvotes
trystee wrote: Thanks for tip. I've added a section to the OP indicating the info above:

• Tips: Ensure You Load A Variable Card With A Multiple Of $25 To Get Maximum Discount (Thanks @dpks and @MarvinMartian For The Tip)

I was going to ask if you applied for a manufacturer's rebate for your tires per the tire rebate thread but noticed the current rebate for Continental TrueContacts, which ends May 31, excludes purchases from CT. :(
I've applied for the rebate from CT continental tires and they sent me letter categorically rejecting it. Lol but I bought my tires from CT using at least 20 gift cards and she swiped it one by one.
Nov 16, 2013
917 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
Got 150 from Dixie and Dundas store in Mississauga. Cashier asked to be paid by debit and not credit. I did as I was not keen to argue with her
trystee wrote:
  • Retailer: Rexall
  • Gift Card(s) On Sale: Canadian Tire
  • Dates: May 26 to Jun 1
  • Deal: Get 10% Off The Purchase Of A Canadian Tire GC
  • Flyer Location: Top Right Side Flap On Page 7
  • Notes: Excludes Variable Load Cards Per Fine Print In Flyer, RFD Members Have Indicated Otherwise, YMMV On Loading Variable Cards
Apr 5, 2006
400 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga
vivmk20 wrote: Got 150 from Dixie and Dundas store in Mississauga. Cashier asked to be paid by debit and not credit. I did as I was not keen to argue with her
Very strange. I always buy there and use credit card no problem.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)