Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rexall Pharma Plus

Ethyl Alcohol $8.49 for 500ml

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2020 2:15 pm
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
I see people posting about Isopropyl and rubbing alcohol but only 1 other poster noted what the OP put is Ethyl or Ethanol Alcohol. Still missing the concentration tho, if its 99% and USP graded we can make our own sanitizer at the 75% to 80% concentration
Nov 30, 2007
821 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
shade69 wrote: 4x500ml 99% Alcohol $10.99 @ Costco
Oh god that’s a killer price. I use it to clean my glass from my vape. I’ve been watching superstore like a hawk but haven’t seen a single bottle come in over the last few months.

How is stock at Costco usually, mostly as in NOW. Am I even likely to have a chance?
Sep 6, 2013
37 posts
35 upvotes
Is 99% necessary? I believe 70% is sufficient.
Jan 24, 2015
485 posts
462 upvotes
The bottle of alcohol shouldn't be more than a $1.50
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
That's really expensive for ethanol.

I noticed there's been a lot of ethanol based sanitizers available recently. I believe there's an oversupply of ethanol because gas production is down.
Jan 1, 2018
635 posts
840 upvotes
GeneralStore wrote: Considering you could get a 946 mL bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol for $3.67 at Walmart, it's fair to say it's price gouging.
I think its fair to say Rexall has been gouging us pre-pandemic!
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Apr 4, 2005
261 posts
74 upvotes
hueysan wrote: Is 99% necessary? I believe 70% is sufficient.
99% is perfect. I buy these for 1.50$ at pharmaprix. My main use of it is for camping (mini alcohol stoves), hence the 99% "requirement".
Jun 17, 2017
93 posts
116 upvotes
hueysan wrote: Is 99% necessary? I believe 70% is sufficient.
If you are using as a desinfectant you need some water content for it to be effective. So 99% actually is worse than 70%. Buy the bottle and dilute it yourself.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Why is this a hot deal? Rexall still be reported on price gouging. Everything is so overpriced.
Mar 15, 2004
221 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
The price is reasonable given the supply situation. There are always someone mentioning the price at Costco, but Costco never has it in stock whenever I go.
Apr 20, 2019
26 posts
15 upvotes
Ethyl alcohol as in booze?

You want isopropyl alcohol for desinfecting your hands.

Ethyl alcohol is usable but not as effective as 70% isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol, rubbing alcohol wtv).

And I don't know how much people need. Seems like the entire population is out for sanitizer by the barrel but if you stay at home (like most should), you don't need to sanitize. Usual hygiene is fine.

If you go out and come back, wash your clothes if there's a plausible cause to think there could've been contamination. If you live in an area where there are no reported cases, if you just gassed up your car and wiped the handle and pad before use idk...

Idk, just saying that so people don't buy stuff like that at prices likes these. There's no price tag on health but you have to make sure your decisions are reasonable.

Wtv don't listen to me in just rambling...
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
omega11 wrote: Its so hard to even find that these days. I've been on the look out for sanitizers or alcohol for family and it's next to impossible.
Sanitizers are in stock everywhere in my area for last couple of weeks at grocery stores (tnt, freshco, food basic etc) . I haven't looked for alcohol though
Aug 13, 2019
380 posts
954 upvotes
Just went to costco near Yorkdale mall and they had ZERO alcohol in stock so beware.
Dec 28, 2009
774 posts
260 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Sanitizers are in stock everywhere in my area for last couple of weeks at grocery stores (tnt, freshco, food basic etc) . I haven't looked for alcohol though
What city are you referring to? I'm looking for it in Mississauga.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
omega11 wrote: What city are you referring to? I'm looking for it in Mississauga.
Markham, aurora and Toronto
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
3724 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart nor costco nor staples has had it online for a while. Walmart did through a third party seller and it was expensive

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)