Off Topic

RFD cannabis thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2093 posts
559 upvotes
Kitchener
JRGUINNESS wrote: Plants grown in the 10 gallon fiber pots are now over 9 feet and covered in flowers.

Put the boy right in the middle and he's ready to pop any day.

I will have seeds for a lifetime and then some for Friends and family.
Nice, JRGUINNESS, very nice. I've got one in the ground that's over 10 feet and heavily laden. On another note, the other plant I've got was pelted by rain last week and two branches were broken. When I tried to repair them, they completely broke. The plant is about 3 weeks from harvest and the hairs were all white. I brought them in and hung them in a dark area to dry. The first few days, there was a cannabis aroma, but now they just smell "green". My question is, are they worth drying and curing or should I just cut my losses and compost them?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
sam123 wrote: Nice, JRGUINNESS, very nice. I've got one in the ground that's over 10 feet and heavily laden. On another note, the other plant I've got was pelted by rain last week and two branches were broken. When I tried to repair them, they completely broke. The plant is about 3 weeks from harvest and the hairs were all white. I brought them in and hung them in a dark area to dry. The first few days, there was a cannabis aroma, but now they just smell "green". My question is, are they worth drying and curing or should I just cut my losses and compost them?
You can try to keep it. That smell will come back when it starts to dry and cure over time, but the high would probably be just a quick head high.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2093 posts
559 upvotes
Kitchener
Invader Gir wrote: You can try to keep it. That smell will come back when it starts to dry and cure over time, but the high would probably be just a quick head high.
Thanks Invader Gir. A quick/short high is better than none.
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: They would be the guys at the top of each of your posted picture. Mega Crop $54.28 and the Bud Explosion at $27.45 for flowering. Here are the gals from my tent using the product and just starting week 7 of flowering

8A9B97EE-E9E2-4E9F-AE26-E8B8427EB664.jpeg
hello again, sorry for all my rookie questions...but...for using the Mega Crop and the Bud Explosion...how often should I be feeding my plants? and also...I have heard to stop feeding the plants for a period of time to help rid the plant of the chemicals being in its system at the time of harvest. is this correct? and also, how long should I go between stop feeding and harvesting?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
a50snake wrote: hello again, sorry for all my rookie questions...but...for using the Mega Crop and the Bud Explosion...how often should I be feeding my plants? and also...I have heard to stop feeding the plants for a period of time to help rid the plant of the chemicals being in its system at the time of harvest. is this correct? and also, how long should I go between stop feeding and harvesting?
I give mega crop with every watering and all the way to the chop. I just used some of my White Widow and my ash was a clean white after being burned, which is what you want to see. I didn’t start using the mega crop on my plants until 2 weeks above ground. The Bud Explosion I started using the week before flowering and again use until their last watering. I like the wet trimming of my bud compare to a dry trim, but to each their own. Might be able to harvest a few of my girls this week and try to make freeze dried weed for the first of hopefully many harvests to come. Will post pics when I do, and I’m high right now on that White Widow
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4206 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How long do you hang it upside down to cure before bottling and burping?
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: I give mega crop with every watering and all the way to the chop. I just used some of my White Widow and my ash was a clean white after being burned, which is what you want to see. I didn’t start using the mega crop on my plants until 2 weeks above ground. The Bud Explosion I started using the week before flowering and again use until their last watering. I like the wet trimming of my bud compare to a dry trim, but to each their own. Might be able to harvest a few of my girls this week and try to make freeze dried weed for the first of hopefully many harvests to come. Will post pics when I do, and I’m high right now on that White Widow
Thank you for the reply. How often do you water, when you say every watering?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4206 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Welcome to the garden of Eden.

Thank you Jah, for the bounty of this medicinal herb.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200911-104639.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-104605.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-104552.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-104542.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-104516.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-104440.png
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4206 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The male isn't dropping pollen tho.

The sacs just fall closed.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
a50snake wrote: Thank you for the reply. How often do you water, when you say every watering?
Whenever my pots feel light and dry tops up to my first knuckle. Usually watering every 2 sometimes 3 days
[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: Whenever my pots feel light and dry tops up to my first knuckle. Usually watering every 2 sometimes 3 days
ok, good deal....thank you again.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4206 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pic of the boy.

Pollen Sacs definitely don't look immature.

But they should be open by now... It takes 6 weeks to get fully developed seeds.

Any breeders here know what's up?
Images
  • Screenshot_20200911-123844.png
  • Screenshot_20200911-123854.png
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
Some of my current tent plants are almost/are ready for the chop. Waiting to see if my sister is stopping by with my nieces this afternoon, before I unleash (what I consider yummy) marijuana skunkiness into the household. Will hopefully get my Barney’s Farm LSD chopped, washed and drying tonight and tasting it tomorrow. Hoping that my Freeze Dryer default setting is all I need them on for. Which I believe is 7 hours freeze, 9 hours drying. Then remove off trays and let them sit in paper bags for 2hrs to regain some moisture content before jarring. Will post some pics of before and after the process, when it happens.
E6982487-1DA1-4C74-BCEE-528BCB9F8ACE.jpeg
8AB331E3-7276-4880-92CB-F9B305EE04F2.jpeg
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got me some of what is Jet Fuel it seems. Just what I've been needing after today as my last batch, been smoking it for too long, has made me lag. Fuel up this bombardier and let's jet sky high. lol.

Seems I've been smoking more from what seems to be a strange new normal, and the routine that follows, and trying to just get me some time to refuel and retake the sites. From what I gather, it'll be a long couple of months where the news will be blaring second wave. Will I get stuck watching the news after the playoffs. At least everyone is watching it in front of their tvs, that's become the new normal. Still I won't say no good may come of it, maybe it'll get me out of my funk. Seems these days I rarely try something new anymore or go seek adventure so to speak whilst I'm smoking. If this is the new norm, I rather not move on up. They should really open up some pot infused restaurants and do more than just the same ol song and dance. I don't want to rewind, I want to spin into tomorrow. No need to catch me, I'm just high. Moving on through...maybe I've been smoking too much. Time for those cbd drops? lol
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
can I ask everyone what their preferred process is for drying and curing their flowers? again first time grower/harvester here, LOL...I have read online some say to chop the entire plant and hang upside down to dry...but for how long? also i read some saying to cut the branches from the main stalk and leave those out to dry flat...

what has everyone had good success with?

thanks,