Off Topic

RFD cannabis thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got about 1.75 of the other stuff, and at this point, of smoking it, and it was a much more mellow high, I'd give it away to start smoking the good stuff. I'll prob be smoking it by nightfall. Can't really put it away and store some, just in case, as I always end up smoking it or have a reason to make a big joint lol. Big joints only hit you hard after you've not been smoking so long, but your lungs will also not trap as much smoke than a regular smoker. Like me .4 throughout the day, and smaller couple of joints in the morning.

Not glorifying the subject, brings lots of people happiness and I guess after all it's endured, there's obviously stigma and people of both sides of the argument. Whatever works for you, don't preach and spit it.

Guess all in all, without smoking so much ganja we could have saved up some money and taken countless more trips and potentially got lost and made for a new life. Cities change moods, landscapes make people adventurous, a change of scene is good, but we can't live out everywhere in the world and be adept learners and pick up everything. The problem is not with people trying to infer upon others, it's that some people have never challenged the situation in front of them and tried to find a new balance after, but overtime you rebuild something is forgotten. If nostalgia passes, if we're whisked off by some steam, we must find ourselves in the clouds sooner than we think. Maybe, not I'm not poetically licensed, but I'm posting without rereading and it's probably jargon lol
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
I cut mine from the plant in Bud form sizes and hang dry them in a paper bag in my basement where it is usually in the high 60’s/low 70’s with comfy humidity levels. Takes roughly 6 days or so for them to dry for me and burp in jars from there. Depending on issues with my plants, I will also wash my buds by dipping in a mix of water, 1/4 cups of lemon juice and same amount of baking soda. Then dunk and swish around in a bucket of lukewarm water to clean that stuff off too. I do this for all my outdoor grows with the bugs, bird crap and other crap that might be on my buds. Although, hopefully tonight Freeze Drying will become my main form of drying my buds from here on out. Chances are I won’t be able to do this for all my plants as it can only take so much in the freeze dryer. Some of my outdoor girls would need a few rounds with the machine but it needs a break to defrost between each use.
[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: I cut mine from the plant in Bud form sizes and hang dry them in a paper bag in my basement where it is usually in the high 60’s/low 70’s with comfy humidity levels. Takes roughly 6 days or so for them to dry for me and burp in jars from there. Depending on issues with my plants, I will also wash my buds by dipping in a mix of water, 1/4 cups of lemon juice and same amount of baking soda. Then dunk and swish around in a bucket of lukewarm water to clean that stuff off too. I do this for all my outdoor grows with the bugs, bird crap and other crap that might be on my buds. Although, hopefully tonight Freeze Drying will become my main form of drying my buds from here on out. Chances are I won’t be able to do this for all my plants as it can only take so much in the freeze dryer. Some of my outdoor girls would need a few rounds with the machine but it needs a break to defrost between each use.
ok, fantastic...thank you soo much once again....I'm learning a lot here, hahaha

I should have maybe started with this question though, oops....when to harvest?
how do you know when it's time to harvest? on the plant we found, the little white curly hairs/bits are starting to turn brown'ish...is that about harvest time?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
a50snake wrote: ok, fantastic...thank you soo much once again....I'm learning a lot here, hahaha

I should have maybe started with this question though, oops....when to harvest?
how do you know when it's time to harvest? on the plant we found, the little white curly hairs/bits are starting to turn brown'ish...is that about harvest time?
You want either jewelry loop or what I prefer, a digital microscope off of amazon. MoKo is the name of the one I got. I believe I just saw it for $43 and syncs up to your smart phone/tablet for easy use. The Trichomes or the crystals you see In my previous post is what will help determine when to harvest. There is also a chart for guidance too

[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: You want either jewelry loop or what I prefer, a digital microscope off of amazon. MoKo is the name of the one I got. I believe I just saw it for $43 and syncs up to your smart phone/tablet for easy use. The Trichomes or the crystals you see In my previous post is what will help determine when to harvest. There is also a chart for guidance too

thank you soo much again....I found this one, "amazon's choice". is this it?
https://www.amazon.ca/MoKo-Microscope-M ... B07DN923RN
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If anyone wants to grow a plant, and just give me back some herb once harvested, I have a some labeled seeds, not feminized though. Try your luck at growing, but a neighbour that grows might want it. Will have to ask him. Have lots of seeds, and everyone thinks the balcony is too windy on the off day. Won't even bother and have nowhere else to grow for now.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Will just post what seeds I have. Not selling, just trading cannabis for cannabis. In the future, or if you want to avoid coming here again, you can just give me some nice organic pot.

I got lots of blue cookie seeds, 2 of bubba kush, 4 of sensi star, 2 of god bud, 1 gorilla cookies, 1 mk ultra, 1 master kush, 2 of some kind of widow (writing wore off), and i think 1 of tom ford pink unless the label is incorrect and it's just a random seed. lots of randoms if you want to gamble (didn't label them, and than I recall a lot of chemo kush weed seeds fell in there)

will start on listing this out, which probably won't get any replies, but a good start to the chillier weather and getting rid of stuff I don't need - will have to post some other stuff on kijiji. didn't feel like it all summer long lol
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
Harvested my Barney’s Farm LSD tent plant tonight and got 420g weight wet in buds. I had some popcorn/under developed buds still on it, and so I threw it outside with everyone else and see if they mature for a 2nd harvest of not. Anyways it took me roughly 2hrs to trim it up and get it ready for my freeze dryer. The entire plant fit on the 4 trays and could of placed more on, if I had it. So if it runs properly, my weed should be dried and cured by noon tomorrow. Will place them in a paper bag for 2 hours to regain some moisture, and then I will jar with a moisture pack. Still I should hopefully be tripping on some LSD by tomorrow afternoon. . . if all go well *crosses fingers*

FC3F1889-E44D-48B9-A071-2032798BECF9.jpeg
7869BF74-AED8-41F1-94B0-3FB2260C6117.jpeg
DA0CAE7A-098A-457A-871C-13C56A645867.jpeg
77A86CB6-715D-424D-9E2C-4FB4AC9499FB.jpeg
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1055 posts
457 upvotes
TORONTO
Invader Gir wrote: Harvested my Barney’s Farm LSD tent plant tonight and got 420g weight wet in buds. I had some popcorn/under developed buds still on it, and so I threw it outside with everyone else and see if they mature for a 2nd harvest of not. Anyways it took me roughly 2hrs to trim it up and get it ready for my freeze dryer. The entire plant fit on the 4 trays and could of placed more on, if I had it. So if it runs properly, my weed should be dried and cured by noon tomorrow. Will place them in a paper bag for 2 hours to regain some moisture, and then I will jar with a moisture pack. Still I should hopefully be tripping on some LSD by tomorrow afternoon. . . if all go well *crosses fingers*

FC3F1889-E44D-48B9-A071-2032798BECF9.jpeg7869BF74-AED8-41F1-94B0-3FB2260C6117.jpegDA0CAE7A-098A-457A-871C-13C56A645867.jpeg77A86CB6-715D-424D-9E2C-4FB4AC9499FB.jpeg
Is this your first time drying via freezing? Its crazy to think that you'll have smokable bud within a day or two.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
akswun wrote: Is this your first time drying via freezing? Its crazy to think that you'll have smokable bud within a day or two.
Yeah this will be my first time. Hoping that the settings used tonight are correct and all comes out right. My buds shouldn’t loose any shape or colour because of this, and the flavour profile increased too. Lots of medical marijuana is now freeze dried because of the fast “Farm To Owner” packaging that can be done.
[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: Harvested my Barney’s Farm LSD tent plant tonight and got 420g weight wet in buds. I had some popcorn/under developed buds still on it, and so I threw it outside with everyone else and see if they mature for a 2nd harvest of not. Anyways it took me roughly 2hrs to trim it up and get it ready for my freeze dryer. The entire plant fit on the 4 trays and could of placed more on, if I had it. So if it runs properly, my weed should be dried and cured by noon tomorrow. Will place them in a paper bag for 2 hours to regain some moisture, and then I will jar with a moisture pack. Still I should hopefully be tripping on some LSD by tomorrow afternoon. . . if all go well *crosses fingers*

FC3F1889-E44D-48B9-A071-2032798BECF9.jpeg7869BF74-AED8-41F1-94B0-3FB2260C6117.jpegDA0CAE7A-098A-457A-871C-13C56A645867.jpeg77A86CB6-715D-424D-9E2C-4FB4AC9499FB.jpeg
wow that looks like a good harvest....and freeze drying? wow...I was wondering how you were going to do that....nice piece of equipment there.... :)
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1446 posts
434 upvotes
Holy shit is this stuff stinky coming out. Took out the load around 12:30 and let them stay in a paper bag to regain some moisture and then jarred. So in the end I got 117g of dried smokeable bud. So it seems that I actually had a better weight loss gain this route as well. You’re suppose to lose close to 75% to almost 80% of your wet weight. Quick calculation this way and I’m only at only 72% weight lose. Which is surprising because they feel like styrofoam peanuts and crumble in your hands just as easy. So I tried it via a bong and she burns quick but is a rather smooth hit. In comparison to other strains I’ve grown and paper bag dried before this freeze dry try. Chances are that I will be taking down 1 or 2 more plants tomorrow and doing the same freeze dry as well. So you feel it in the head like a soft scarf wrapping around your head, you are super relaxed but functional but LSD lives up to the name as Blues pop, Green subdued and Red feels intense. High seems to come and go in waves over 2-3 hours, but I didn’t make it too far before setting my bong up for my sister to try. She couldn’t finish everything in the bowl, and don’t like to waste. So pics from today
D8B7FCCE-1E1E-4E97-BEC3-D8DF46F33868.jpeg
7CD87232-03B8-46AA-993B-6B14EDB833F5.jpeg
20B9FA2D-2DE0-416F-ABC7-811A1C369F9B.jpeg
DB8B0445-96F2-4D01-A432-887384DF145C.jpeg
EE0A255B-FDD0-4420-A8EC-B744E9F44893.jpeg
[external link removed]