Off Topic

RFD cannabis thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1448 posts
434 upvotes
I’ve never done a space bucket grow and would worry growing a sativa in there because of the height from the flowering stretch. Would need to probably go 12/12 from seed or mainline and monster crop. The 420magazine forums will probably have a better answer to your questions as I don’t know how much you would really need for your grow.

The LEDs are in comparison to halogen bulb grows which pull a lot more wattage from the wall. The LEDs will pull much less but give you the same brightness. Sometimes amazon doesn’t list the right info, but usually have a comparison chart with the other MarsHydro lights to compare wattage and coverage area.

Sorry I couldn’t be much help
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2094 posts
560 upvotes
Kitchener
I picked up some Boost 55 for storing after curing, but now I'm thinking they are too dry and should get some 62's instead. What do you think? I can't smoke, so it's edibles for me. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2094 posts
560 upvotes
Kitchener
What do you gals/guys recommend for keeping the humidity down after curing? I've picked up some Boost 55, but am concerned that 55 will be too dry and I should pick up some 62.
Last edited by sam123 on Sep 17th, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2019
742 posts
854 upvotes
Invader Gir wrote: I’ve never done a space bucket grow and would worry growing a sativa in there because of the height from the flowering stretch. Would need to probably go 12/12 from seed or mainline and monster crop. The 420magazine forums will probably have a better answer to your questions as I don’t know how much you would really need for your grow.

The LEDs are in comparison to halogen bulb grows which pull a lot more wattage from the wall. The LEDs will pull much less but give you the same brightness. Sometimes amazon doesn’t list the right info, but usually have a comparison chart with the other MarsHydro lights to compare wattage and coverage area.

Sorry I couldn’t be much help
No worries man, thank you for even taking your time to provide your insight!

After much consideration, and a little of convincing the Mrs., we decided to go with a 2x2x4ft grow tent. I guess one plant is also the recommended capacity for this? I see some people growing tons in there, but I was thinking just 2...

Initially we were going for the space tote build because of space constraint, not really the money aspect. We figured the totes would take just about the same space as the small grow tent, so we changed our minds.

I ditched the LED light strips since they're not necessary for this set up, and this is what i ended up ordering:
- Grow tent
- Exhaust and carbon filter
- Mars Hydro TS 600W

I have no idea how to grow, so next up I am going to research the following:
- what size of pots I need for different stages of the growth cycle
- where to get seeds/seedlings that are good quality and reliable
- what soil and nutrients to get
- do i need something to measure ph levels? or how is this monitored
- what drain system to use with this tent
- what size of fan do I need inside the tent? one or two fans? Some people say mount it at the top facing down so that the wind current forces elasticity and makes the plant grow thicket, but others say at the bottom facing up so that the heat rises out the exhaust (rather than get pushed down)
- do i need a humidifier inside the tent? if so, what size?

And once all of that is answered, I will proceed to researching light cycles, watering, and feeding times.

I hope I'm going about this the right way. If I'm not, anyone please feel free to correct me.
Last edited by Parrajara on Sep 17th, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1448 posts
434 upvotes
sam123 wrote: I picked up some Boost 55 for storing after curing, but now I'm thinking they are too dry and should get some 62's instead. What do you think? I can't smoke, so it's edibles for me. Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Either will do fine. As long as moisture is above 52% the buds will still cure for you. Just had to buy more integra packs myself. Had to buy the 36pack at the 62% moisture content with my upcoming plants coming down soon. Needed 5 for one plant alone and I have 17 more that need to co e down with the next month or so. Probably a couple this weekend
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2094 posts
560 upvotes
Kitchener
Invader Gir wrote: Either will do fine. As long as moisture is above 52% the buds will still cure for you. Just had to buy more integra packs myself. Had to buy the 36pack at the 62% moisture content with my upcoming plants coming down soon. Needed 5 for one plant alone and I have 17 more that need to co e down with the next month or so. Probably a couple this weekend
Thanks
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
so now that we have talked harvesting...and I have my wifi microscope...what/how does everyone cure/dry your harvests? what process do you use and do you trim off all the leaves, some of the leaves? only the bigger ones?...

again...first time grower here, so also first time harvester, LOL....
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1217 posts
28 upvotes
I got a plant from a buddy thats about 1.5' right now but it probably wont survive much longer. Im looking for a tent setup to put in my garage to keep it going. Can someone recommend a basic setup? Im new to all of this so go easy on me
Sep 16, 2019
742 posts
854 upvotes
I'm new to all this too, but if you look at a couple of posts above you will see a set up that I am doing. It is the smallest grow tent setup you can have. The light I leave to your discretion, but I did a lot of research and it's overwhelming - so I went with the Mars Hydro because it seems to be a reputable brand.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4703 posts
1537 upvotes
Kingston
ReDmAn wrote: I got a plant from a buddy thats about 1.5' right now but it probably wont survive much longer. Im looking for a tent setup to put in my garage to keep it going. Can someone recommend a basic setup? Im new to all of this so go easy on me
Would it be ok in the garage in the winter, or is your garage heated? I might consider that too with a tent depending how this current grow goes. First time trying
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1217 posts
28 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: Would it be ok in the garage in the winter, or is your garage heated? I might consider that too with a tent depending how this current grow goes. First time trying

Maybe one of the more experienced growers can chime in if a tent setup will work in a garage during winter. My garage is not heated
May 21, 2018
501 posts
440 upvotes
ReDmAn wrote: Maybe one of the more experienced growers can chime in if a tent setup will work in a garage during winter. My garage is not heated
It will not work. The plants will be too cold and die.
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1448 posts
434 upvotes
a50snake wrote: so now that we have talked harvesting...and I have my wifi microscope...what/how does everyone cure/dry your harvests? what process do you use and do you trim off all the leaves, some of the leaves? only the bigger ones?...

again...first time grower here, so also first time harvester, LOL....
I trim off all my fan leaves and try to get them in the buds as well. If in there really tightly, I trim them as close to the bud as I can. I trim the buds off the limbs, do my wash I mentioned earlier, pat dry slightly and hang dry them in paper bags but with not too much bud and use several bags if you need too. Then the waiting game which can be 4-7 days, so check often and jar when ready and burp daily (twice if you can) over 2-3 weeks until humidity is between 56-64% to cure. God I’m stoned right now on my Blue Cindy and some good bong hits.

Oh and I wouldn’t recommend a garage tent grow if you don’t have a heating source to keep them alive.
[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
888 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: I trim off all my fan leaves and try to get them in the buds as well. If in there really tightly, I trim them as close to the bud as I can. I trim the buds off the limbs, do my wash I mentioned earlier, pat dry slightly and hang dry them in paper bags but with not too much bud and use several bags if you need too. Then the waiting game which can be 4-7 days, so check often and jar when ready and burp daily (twice if you can) over 2-3 weeks until humidity is between 56-64% to cure. God I’m stoned right now on my Blue Cindy and some good bong hits.

Oh and I wouldn’t recommend a garage tent grow if you don’t have a heating source to keep them alive.
alright, sounds good...thanks soo much once again for taking the time to answer my questions. how do you know when the humidity is within range? do you just weight fresh and then continue weighing until a certain weight is reached?