Off Topic

RFD cannabis thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!

Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1449 posts
434 upvotes
Mostly by touch and guessing in a way. You can buy digital Rh devices for your jars to keep an eye on your jars. Some will toss one in the bag with the weed as it’s drying and just watch the Rh that way. Most go by the ability to snap a bud twig in half and not have the twig bend like rubber. I’ve bagged and jarred and had to rebag some of my harvests. It’s something you just need to stay on top of. Thank god for my freeze dryer now because it takes all the guessing work out of the equation. Meant to update with last nights post that I took down my Canuk Cookies 393g and Bubba Kush 325g and are roughly an hour away from finishing drying as I type
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4703 posts
1537 upvotes
Kingston
a50snake wrote: hey, I just bought the same one...how are you getting it free after review? LOL
I'm a member of a Facebook group that pays to do 5 star reviews. That's why you should never trust reviews online. I always speak the truth but I bet most people don't.
Sep 16, 2019
755 posts
857 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: I'm a member of a Facebook group that pays to do 5 star reviews. That's why you should never trust reviews online. I always speak the truth but I bet most people don't.
if you don't mind PMing info on this, I'd be interested in joining
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4212 posts
1889 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How long does it take to get an approval on 420Fourms?

I was hoping to ask a few questions regarding my male plant, but I'm still waiting after 3 days for approval.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1449 posts
434 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote: How long does it take to get an approval on 420Fourms?

I was hoping to ask a few questions regarding my male plant, but I'm still waiting after 3 days for approval.
420magazine forums are free to sign up and can ask away. There’s a section for new people to introduce themselves and ask a question or 2 if you want. Then look at the other sub forums for more insight. I’m there under EhCndGrower, user name
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2095 posts
563 upvotes
Kitchener
Is there any difference between the potency/flavour of any section of the plant. For example, are the buds at the top of the plant better? Also, how does the cold snap we're going through affect the plant. Outdoor plants btw.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1449 posts
434 upvotes
Your top buds would be your premium stuff because it has had proper development and light exposure. Same potency can be found in all your buds, but if inner/lower buds don’t receive the same light treatment they tend to be less fully developed. As for the cold, you do worry some nights when frost happens, but it also helps trigger colours for some strains. My outdoor Alaskan Purple this week has started to go purple on me on my big fan leaves. More will appear over the coming weeks. Can do the same in a tent grow with watering your plants in cold water too
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4703 posts
1537 upvotes
Kingston
sam123 wrote: Is there any difference between the potency/flavour of any section of the plant. For example, are the buds at the top of the plant better? Also, how does the cold snap we're going through affect the plant. Outdoor plants btw.
I moved mine to the garage. I'm sure if I left them outside they'd be dead by now. Temps get pretty low at night. Hopefully they don't die from being in the garage. I tried to put some grow lights in there and open it up during the day to get some fresh air go through.

Next year I'm definitely starting earlier so I don't have this problem again.

One thing my wife is worried about is that everything in the garage (including xmas decorations) are going to smell like weed. I hope the smell goes away
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2095 posts
563 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks Invader Gir and Tha DraGun. I'll separate and cure those top buds separately. Hey The DraGun, mine went out end of May after two weeks under lights from seeds. Hairs went from milky to now they are mostly brown/red with some sugar leaves stating to be noticed. Probably all CDB now, which is OK with me. Will probably harvest next week.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1449 posts
434 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: I moved mine to the garage. I'm sure if I left them outside they'd be dead by now. Temps get pretty low at night. Hopefully they don't die from being in the garage. I tried to put some grow lights in there and open it up during the day to get some fresh air go through.

Next year I'm definitely starting earlier so I don't have this problem again.

One thing my wife is worried about is that everything in the garage (including xmas decorations) are going to smell like weed. I hope the smell goes away
The smell should go away no problem with opening the garage for a bit after you’ve cleared the plant out. You’re gonna want your buds outside as they need that light for building your buds up. Plus the only thing about starting earlier is just to get your plants bigger. You would only benefit starting early for an earlier outside grow is if you were to try growing some autos.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4703 posts
1537 upvotes
Kingston
Invader Gir wrote: The smell should go away no problem with opening the garage for a bit after you’ve cleared the plant out. You’re gonna want your buds outside as they need that light for building your buds up. Plus the only thing about starting earlier is just to get your plants bigger. You would only benefit starting early for an earlier outside grow is if you were to try growing some autos.
So should I just pull them outside and leave them out, or pull them out during the day and in at night?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
1449 posts
434 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: So should I just pull them outside and leave them out, or pull them out during the day and in at night?
If you can bring them in at night for a little protection, go for it. You’ll just get better frostier buds from the natural sunlight
[external link removed]
Jun 13, 2006
889 posts
52 upvotes
Delhi
Invader Gir wrote: I trim off all my fan leaves and try to get them in the buds as well. If in there really tightly, I trim them as close to the bud as I can. I trim the buds off the limbs, do my wash I mentioned earlier, pat dry slightly and hang dry them in paper bags but with not too much bud and use several bags if you need too. Then the waiting game which can be 4-7 days, so check often and jar when ready and burp daily (twice if you can) over 2-3 weeks until humidity is between 56-64% to cure. God I’m stoned right now on my Blue Cindy and some good bong hits.

Oh and I wouldn’t recommend a garage tent grow if you don’t have a heating source to keep them alive.
hopefully this is not too stupid of a question...but...I was just wondering...when you say hang dry them in paper bags...are you hanging/suspending them in the bags? or are you tossing your buds into the paper bags and then suspending the entire bag to let them dry out?

I'm just wondering how you would suspend them in the paper bags, if that's how you are doing?...I'm envisioning some sort of mini close line inside of a paper lunch bag :) ....LOL...