RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2024 5:35 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
SimuN22 wrote: yup that def sounds like a better idea.........do you ask the CP employee for the CBSA paperwork?
good luck with that. CP now asked you to do the CBSA paper work your self or they will return it to sender. you may ended up paying the return shipping fee or the seller is. I've just noticed the other day when I ship to u.s, there's a spot in the declaration stating who pay for the return (sender or receiver)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1306 posts
112 upvotes
Halifax
Just wondering if anyone has sold any high value items and sent the recipe for the original purchase price with said item to the buyer.

Say said coin/item was bought for $500 and value has go up to say $1500 , so buyer wants original recipe to go with said item for authenticity etc.

I don't really know any reason "not" to but sometimes I don't think of every angle lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1641 posts
316 upvotes
Indy
Lincoln65 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has sold any high value items and sent the recipe for the original purchase price with said item to the buyer.

Say said coin/item was bought for $500 and value has go up to say $1500 , so buyer wants original recipe to go with said item for authenticity etc.

I don't really know any reason "not" to but sometimes I don't think of every angle lol.
I don't see why not. I'd keep a copy for my own records though.
Aug 28, 2014
49 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
So if I want usd now I have to sell on eBay.com instead of .ca cause people on .com won't see my listing like they use to,or will they still see it (remember it used to say list in usd so more people will see your listing).
I liked having usd in my paypal to buy from people in the states and also I'd add some of it to my usd acct for when we would go down to the states.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Lincoln65 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has sold any high value items and sent the recipe for the original purchase price with said item to the buyer.

If you have one and if it does not contains your Credit card number, then sure why not?? I mean they know your address when you shipping anyway.

I personally don't keep any receipts and so far no one had asked me for one and I had yet to ask anyone for the original receipt when I purchased on kijiji or ebay. Should I ask Downie and other dealers for their original receipt from the mint to prove their coins are legit?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1981 posts
455 upvotes
Calgary
AgAuNews did a feature day before yesterday on the 2nd coin in series 5oz domed. Mintage 175. This coin is not the moon but instead Mercury. It has a piece of North West Africa (NWA7325 or 8409....which are two halfs of the same meteor).

Anyway i was chatting with Mansun1976 and he's a pass. It's peaked my interest because evidence suggests its from planet Mercury during the time of the formation of our Solar System planets about 4.56 billion years ago.

MCI had it priced yesterday at 849eur. AgAuNews had said 999eur day before yesterday . Now today MCI is 999eur . Their site allows for customers to submit an offer. I submitted 800eur which was accepted. They provide me a coupon code. Just thought I'd share with fellow RFDers. You could probably offer less than 800eur and find success.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Fillurboots wrote: So if I want usd now I have to sell on eBay.com instead of .ca cause people on .com won't see my listing like they use to,or will they still see it (remember it used to say list in usd so more people will see your listing).
I liked having usd in my paypal to buy from people in the states and also I'd add some of it to my usd acct for when we would go down to the states.
It never said list in USD so more people will see it, it made mention to the fact that you'll get more sales. This is based on the fact most people use USD (vs CAD) over eBay and if it comes to 2 listings priced the same (at spot rate), people will prefer the USD listing to CAD so they don't have to pay PayPal for the conversion.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2004
1143 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
SimuN22 wrote: AgAuNews did a feature day before yesterday on the 2nd coin in series 5oz domed. Mintage 175. This coin is not the moon but instead Mercury. It has a piece of North West Africa (NWA7325 or 8409....which are two halfs of the same meteor).

Anyway i was chatting with Mansun1976 and he's a pass. It's peaked my interest because evidence suggests its from planet Mercury during the time of the formation of our Solar System planets about 4.56 billion years ago.

MCI had it priced yesterday at 849eur. AgAuNews had said 999eur day before yesterday . Now today MCI is 999eur . Their site allows for customers to submit an offer. I submitted 800eur which was accepted. They provide me a coupon code. Just thought I'd share with fellow RFDers. You could probably offer less than 800eur and find success.
If anyone is interested in this coin, or the coin and bar from MDM, please shoot me an email.
[external advertising link removed]
Jun 13, 2015
218 posts
250 upvotes
Montr
mansun1976 wrote: Just FYI - No. 2 in the Beatrix Potter Royal Mint coin series was released earlier today. I'm in a queue again - have to wait some 40min now... I guess it will take longer to sell out, but I'm not gambling this time.
Don't forget the Quidco 4% cashback. And yes, this is my referral link, but I am splitting the sign-up bonus of GBP10 50/50 with any new members. :)

And these are the four coins in the series:
1. Rabbit (long sold out)
2. Duck
3. Hedgehog
4. Squirrel
I know, very childish coins, but they attract a lot of elders by the looks of it; i.e. those who grew up with these book characters...
Looks like No. 2, 3, and 4 are out now. You can pre-order all 3 remaining.
Jun 17, 2012
604 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
bonafidehustler wrote: Looks like No. 2, 3, and 4 are out now. You can pre-order all 3 remaining.
If you order all 3 at the same time they will not ship till August so you have to order individually i am in the process of getting duck now it's a very slow process
Check it out [url]http://stores.ebay.ca/CWH-Coins?_rdc=1
FS-
FS-Check ebay store for specials
FS-
Jun 13, 2015
218 posts
250 upvotes
Montr
elkslayer132 wrote: If you order all 3 at the same time they will not ship till August so you have to order individually i am in the process of getting duck now it's a very slow process
It is extremely slow! I want the entire collection though. Is there a limited number of pre-orders on the others? If I don't pre-order it now, wont they all sell out?
Jun 17, 2012
604 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
bonafidehustler wrote: It is extremely slow! I want the entire collection though. Is there a limited number of pre-orders on the others? If I don't pre-order it now, wont they all sell out?
They all will probably sell out soon i just finished ordering 3 ducks cost 150 pounds delivered. I plan on selling them all so i don't want to wait till august to get them.
FS-
FS-
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1641 posts
316 upvotes
Indy
No, you can place one order and they said they will ship them out as soon as they are available. Otherwise, you'll pay GBP12.50 for shipping each time.

It took more than one and a half hours this morning to place my order...
Jun 17, 2012
604 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
Says on website
Please note that orders containing more than one item will be despatched together at the latest product availability date for the coins purchased. If your order contains any pre-order items, we will not charge your credit or debit card until we have allocated stock to your order.
Did you actually talk to a real person about this?
FS-
FS-
Nov 1, 2013
193 posts
42 upvotes
I ordered 3 of each of the remaining Beatrix Potter coins today. The web site kept crashing and over 3.5 hours to complete the order. All 9 coins in one order. I went to my account and looked at my order, the order was automatically divided into 3 orders - one for each design. Each design should be shipped seperately when available, at least that is what my order is showing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)