Contests

[Other]

Locked: RFD Contests Forum - Frequently Asked Questions for Contesters and Posters

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2013 1:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why did you remove/edit my referral link?

Because posting of referral links for bonus entries is prohibited by RFD Forum rules
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why was the URL for my contest censored / why was my contest thread deleted?

In some specific situations, you may see some or all of the contest URL you've written replaced by "*****". This is RFD's auto-filter at work. The auto-filter may have been triggered for one of two reasons:
  • The URL may contain a word that's been forbidden by RFD Community standards. For example: until recently the word "salt water" was caught by the auto-filter, because when it's written as one word it contains the word "twat" (a slang term for a woman's genitalia). In this case, it's absolutely no fault of your own - the auto-filter is simply being hyperactive. If you encounter a problem similar to that, you can post a request in the Site Comments & Suggestions Forum for it to be removed from the auto-filter (of course YMMV depending on the word). Until that happens, the only way around that is to type the URL as "www.salt_water.com" or "www.salt-water.com" or "www.salt water.com" and tell readers to remove the underscore/hyphen/space when they're going to the site.
  • The URL may be a direct link to an RFD competitor, which is also forbidden by RFD Forum rules. In many cases, such competitor may already be included in the auto-filter so you'll see the "*****" show up as soon as you hit either preview or submit in the editor. In some cases, it may not be auto-filtered but someone may have reported it in which case a mod may or may not decide to edit it, or delete the thread entirely (YMMV, depending on the mod).
A few examples of forbidden sites are (acronyms only):
  • GCR (auto-filtered)
  • SC (auto-filtered)
  • FL (not auto-filtered, but still technically forbidden)
  • SL (not auto-filtered, but still technically forbidden)