Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Jan 17, 2011
70 posts
6 upvotes
canehdianman wrote: I bought USDT on Newton, transferred it to FTX and bought $MOB.
I transfer my BTC from Shakepay to FTX just 10 mins ago do you know how long it 's gonna take ?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2184 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
Atntpower wrote: how can I buy $MOB
It's going to be risky, I personally wouldn't take a chance unless you also would buy Gamestop, which is a similar situation.

MOB...
Jan 17, 2011
70 posts
6 upvotes
Atntpower wrote: I transfer my BTC from Shakepay to FTX just 10 mins ago do you know how long it 's gonna take ?
I got it, take around 30 mins
Bull Dog wrote: It's going to be risky, I personally wouldn't take a chance unless you also would buy Gamestop, which is a similar situation. MOB...
I will play around with small funds to learn how it works
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1972 posts
534 upvotes
Calgary
Atntpower wrote: I transfer my BTC from Shakepay to FTX just 10 mins ago do you know how long it 's gonna take ?
I've never transferred BTC so I'm not sure. Shouldn't take too long though.
Jan 17, 2011
70 posts
6 upvotes
Bull Dog wrote: It's going to be risky, I personally wouldn't take a chance unless you also would buy Gamestop, which is a similar situation.

MOB...
you 're right it just dropped from $38 to $34 now
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2184 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
Atntpower wrote: you 're right it just dropped from $38 to $34 now
2 days ago it was 7.70 , At this point of the bull cycle where all the good coins have gotten expensive I think your best strategy is to stake a stable coin such as USDC somewhere to earn a crypto coin in interest, either on Celsius or one of the Binance Smart Chain farms like Beefy Finance or maybe CRO coins at crypto dot com for a debit card.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7395 posts
7599 upvotes
Goldman Sachs is close to offering bitcoin and other digital assets to its wealth management clients
PUBLISHED WED, MAR 31 20218:00 AM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/31/bitcoin ... ients.html

• The bank aims to begin offering investments in the emerging asset class in the second quarter, according to Mary Rich, who was recently named global head of digital assets for Goldman’s private wealth management division.
  • Goldman is looking at ultimately offering a “full spectrum” of investments in bitcoin and digital assets, “whether that’s through the physical bitcoin, derivatives or traditional investment vehicles,” she said.
  • Some Goldman clients “feel like we’re sitting at the dawn of a new Internet in some ways and are looking for ways to participate in this space,” Rich said.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1013 posts
899 upvotes
East
MrMom wrote: Goldman Sachs is close to offering bitcoin and other digital assets to its wealth management clients
PUBLISHED WED, MAR 31 20218:00 AM EDT

• The bank aims to begin offering investments in the emerging asset class in the second quarter, according to Mary Rich, who was recently named global head of digital assets for Goldman’s private wealth management division.
  • Goldman is looking at ultimately offering a “full spectrum” of investments in bitcoin and digital assets, “whether that’s through the physical bitcoin, derivatives or traditional investment vehicles,” she said.
  • Some Goldman clients “feel like we’re sitting at the dawn of a new Internet in some ways and are looking for ways to participate in this space,” Rich said.
Beautiful to see all the big banks capitulating into Bitcoin. Face With Tears Of Joy

Goldman Sachs is close to offering bitcoin and other digital assets to its wealth management clients

Some Goldman clients “feel like we’re sitting at the dawn of a new Internet in some ways and are looking for ways to participate in this space,”

Goldman Sachs vs Bitcoin

2020: Bitcoin is not an asset class.

2021: Bitcoin will be part of our future. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Bitcoin & Crypto retired | Beat the inflation: Celsius earn up to 17% on your cryptos & stablecoins | CDC CRO Obsidian card 8% rewards
Jan 25, 2017
362 posts
8 upvotes
Can some one please help me out and tell which is the most reliable exchange for Canadians to buy Ethereum and from that exchange can i transfer the coins to Metamask and vice-versa. Also will that exchange allow to transfer the coins back to my bank in fiat.

thank you
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1004 posts
552 upvotes
salman1985 wrote: Can some one please help me out and tell which is the most reliable exchange for Canadians to buy Ethereum and from that exchange can i transfer the coins to Metamask and vice-versa. Also will that exchange allow to transfer the coins back to my bank in fiat.

thank you
Easiest is shakepay you can depsit it to metamask for free and you can exchange straight off the platform for fiat back to bank account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
6198 posts
762 upvotes
jcdogg wrote: PayPal Pushes Crypto Further Mainstream With Checkout Service for 29M Merchants
https://www.coindesk.com/paypal-to-star ... out-report

All the people complaining they can't buy coffee with Bitcoin will now have to find something else to fuss about, as Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, and many more start to become layer 2 payment protocols for Bitcoin. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
From the article you quoted:
PayPal said its merchants will not incur any additional integrations or fees, and fiat conversions will take place at the standard PayPal conversion rates, according to a press release.

Still, the terms and conditions for “Checkout with Crypto” include a number of important caveats. Chief among them is the tax liability: “Sales of Crypto Assets via Checkout with Crypto are taxable just like all other sales of Crypto Assets.”

PayPal will provide the consumer with a 1099 tax form and report to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as necessary, but “it is your responsibility to determine what taxes, if any, apply to transactions you make.”
1. How much is the standard PayPal conversion rate?

2. How much hassle will it be at tax time when (unlike fiat) every purchase you make is a "taxable event"?

Probably nothing though....just curious. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
2184 posts
1732 upvotes
Toronto
CheapScotch wrote: From the article you quoted:

2. How much hassle will it be at tax time when (unlike fiat) every purchase you make is a "taxable event"?

Probably nothing though....just curious. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
That's the worst thing about crypto, worrying about taxes.
Jan 17, 2011
70 posts
6 upvotes
I tried some trading on FTX today

I ended up having 0.09979000 FTT ( FTT ) and can't sell back since minimum order to sell is 0.1 FTT

How can I sell my token ?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2018
1454 posts
1680 upvotes
Atntpower wrote: I tried some trading on FTX today

I ended up having 0.09979000 FTT ( FTT ) and can't sell back since minimum order to sell is 0.1 FTT

How can I sell my token ?
add more

in the future always add a bit more keeping in mind minimums and fees
<signature length too long>
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
i sold my dogecoin today after big jump........ what price to buy back at?
May 12, 2014
222 posts
83 upvotes
Brampton, ON
BitTorrent (BTT) looks promising, but how to buy it here in Canada. It's not available to buy at Crypto.com.
Jan 9, 2016
182 posts
141 upvotes
Oakville, ON
So what's the deal with Filecoin? Why has it run up so much lately? Would you buy, sell or hold here?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)