Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
margincall wrote: Thanks.. bought one, will think later :)
I may dabble in DeFi once I get a better understanding...
As your investment size grows, have a decent backup of your keys, like cryptosteel or cobo tablet.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
Uniswap just launched their UNI reward token. If you ever used uniswap before, you can claim at least 400 UNI ($1,200). If you were a liquidity provider, that amount is higher.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
2960 posts
2113 upvotes
Calgary
rodbarc wrote: Uniswap just launched their UNI reward token. If you ever used uniswap before, you can claim at least 400 UNI ($1,200). If you were a liquidity provider, that amount is higher.
Rod
Nice of them to reward the community
Guessing this is why gas is through the roof
I have a withdrawal from Celsius that's been stuck since yesterday
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
margincall wrote: Nice of them to reward the community
Guessing this is why gas is through the roof
I have a withdrawal from Celsius that's been stuck since yesterday
Yep, the whole DeFi community got a nice $1,200 check, but the main reason to why gas is through the roof is that the wise ones are providing liquidity with that uni and staking it for further returns. The UNI/ETH pool is currently providing 1,000% APR interest, and rewards will run for 2 months. So not only claiming, but claiming, depositing and staking.

I heard that yam v3 migration is tomorrow, that will make it busy again. YVF has their new governance pool starting today for the next 2 days on several pools, allowing triple digits interest on ETH and BTC, and high 2-digit interest on stablecoins. And Curve starts distributing their fees rewards on Saturday.

Rumours are that Uni v3 will be on L2, that will be a huge game changer on low gas fees. Meanwhile, farm on BSC: YFII and Cream are there and you can earn high interest rates with low fees since the majority doesn’t know how to use BSC for this.

Also, crypto.com just bumped their Icy Visa card with 5% cashback on every purchase, need 100,000 cro staked, so I’m using Defi Swap to earn 60% interest in Cro while providing liquidity to cro, eth and usdc.

Unbelievable pace, and $9 Billion locked on DeFi, through innovation and triple digits interest on passive income, exciting times.

Rod
Last edited by rodbarc on Sep 17th, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 9, 2020
32 posts
30 upvotes
rodbarc wrote: Yep, the whole DeFi community got a nice $1,200 check, but the main reason to why gas is through the roof is that the wise ones are providing liquidity with that uni and staking it for further returns. The UNI/ETH pool is currently providing 1,000% APR interest, and rewards will run for 2 months. So not only claiming, but claiming, depositing and staking.

I heard that yam v3 migration is tomorrow, that will make it busy again. YVF has their new governance pool starting today for the next 2 days on several pools, allowing triple digits interest on ETH and BTC, and high 2-digit interest on stablecoins. And Curve starts distributing their fees rewards on Saturday.

Rumours are that Uni v3 will be on L2, that will be a huge game changer on low gas fees. Meanwhile, farm on BSC: YFII and Cream are there and you can earn high interest rates with low fees since the majority doesn’t know how to use BSC for this.

Also, crypto.com just bumped their Icy Visa card with 5% cashback on every purchase, need 100,000 cro staked, so I’m using Defi Swap to earn 60% interest in Cro while providing liquidity to cro, eth and usdc.

Unbelievable pace, and $9 Billion locked on DeFi, through innovation and triple digits interest on passive income, exciting times.

Rod
Where are they staking the LP tokens? From what I can see only ETH-DAI, ETH-USDC, ETH-USDT and ETH-WBTC LP Tokens can be staked.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
pdkb24 wrote: Where are they staking the LP tokens? From what I can see only ETH-DAI, ETH-USDC, ETH-USDT and ETH-WBTC LP Tokens can be staked.
Correct, but one can still provide liquidity to uni pool. So people have been providing liquidity with their uni and staking their coins in one of these 4 pools to generate more uni. Staking uni allows them to earn fees.

I bet there will be other projects soon offering LP pools for uni, there’s already some in balancer.

Rod

Sep 7, 2018
606 posts
452 upvotes
What's everyone doing with their free $3k cad in $uni???

I am holding for now. Defi is huge
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
rodbarc wrote: Nice message from the CEO of MicroStrategy, a Nasdaq public traded company, on Bitcoin proving again being a good store of value.

Rod
This is how it was done:

Jan 1, 2008
99 posts
22 upvotes
What is BSC? I can't follow what is going on in this space, its too much and I feel like I need to baby my investments incase something changes in the protocol.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
deger wrote: What is BSC? I can't follow what is going on in this space, its too much and I feel like I need to baby my investments incase something changes in the protocol.
Binance Smart Chain.

https://bnbsmartchain.com/category/binance-smart-chain/

DeFi is available there with much lower liquidity but much lower fees. Cream, Burger and Yfii are some of the few projects to earn high interest. Use BNB to pay for gas.

Rod

Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
6081 posts
6956 upvotes
superscoots wrote: What's everyone doing with their free $3k cad in $uni???

I am holding for now. Defi is huge
Earning 569% APR interest. UNI is available on Binance Futures and current funding rate is -0.52%. Which means, shorts pays long 0.52% at every 8 hours. Good setup to be long 1x if you are holding anyway, collect the fees and when it inverts, withdraw back to spot wallet.

Rod

Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2014
1907 posts
1087 upvotes
Ontario
rodbarc wrote: Earning 569% APR interest. UNI is available on Binance Futures and current funding rate is -0.52%. Which means, shorts pays long 0.52% at every 8 hours. Good setup to be long 1x if you are holding anyway, collect the fees and when it inverts, withdraw back to spot wallet.

Rod
Uhhh - what? Rod - do you have any suggestions for a total crypto amateur to learn what is even being discussed in this thread? What are some go-to educational resources for crypto?